IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

My best shot las weak was on the hole 6 on my local golfcourse. Is a 170 yard par 3 with a big pound on the left side, 3 bunkers arround the green and a bunch of trees in the right side. The flag was on the midle right of the green. The green falls faster over the water so you have to hit it righ on the green or you can get in the water. I hit a 7 Iron with no wind with a litle fade and bounce close to the flag and stop like 2 inches off the hole. Almost hole in one. It was nice shot ;).

What is in my Ping bag:
Driver: R7 425 9.5*Fujikura Vistapro 70 stff
3Wood: An old 15* Graphite Stiff.
5Wood: R7 ST 18* Mid point RE-AX 70 Stff
7Wood: Tight lies 21* Graphite StffIrons: An old set of EYE2+ 4-PW Steel StiffWedge: vokey SM 54*10 and 60*08Putter: Studio Style Newport 1.5Balls...

My best shot this week came yesterday on our #9 a 525 yd. par 5 dogleg left. I hit a very nice drive 292 yd. but it was done the left side of the fairway. Which left me 233 yd. to the hole. I used my G5 22* hybrid and bent it around the corner and ran it up on the green to within 25ft. I just missed the eagle putt, but a tap in bird sure is nice.

Guest ShadowXOR
I was on a nine-hole set of all par-three holes. I'm very bad... I hit the ball with my seven iron, it flew perfectly straight. The hole is about 100 yards away and it the ball landed within a few feet of the hole. I made an easy putt for my first birdie.

Nothing too special here today. I did hit a nice wedge from 60 yards to 8 feet. I rolled in the birdie putt. I also hit an 8 iron from 145 on a down hill lie to an elevated green the ended up 15 feet below the hole. I lipped out the birdie putt. Other than that the only other highlight was a 12 footer for par that I drained after my pitch released way past the hole.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

240yd Par 4, Hit my three iron and left it 5 feet for eagle, missed the damn putt though and settled for birdie.
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

Played a par-3 course with my wife yesterday. 110 yds, where I would normally hit my gap wedge, but it was really windy (probably 25 mph gusts), and this hole was playing right into the wind. So, I choked down about an inch on my PW, and hit it pure to 5 ft. to a pin tucked behind a big mound. Missed the birdie putt, my short putting is really horrendous lately.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

For a while I have been practicing changing my ball trajectory with my lower irons. So it was nice to have a situation on a par 3 125 yards, into the wind where I could practice it. I set the ball further back in my stance, moved my hands forward slightly, and swung through.

The ball took a bee-line trajectory through the wind and landed within 10 feet of the pin. Unfortunately, I still had a difficult breaking putt, and I ended up with a 3.
"There is no miracle tip. Fix your swing."

In the bag:
Sumo2 w/ Aldila VS Proto 60g S
Halo 2h Apex Pro 4-PW Vokey 2 52.08/56.10/60.04 Red X #3 34" Tour Deep

275yd par 4 with a mild headwind i drove the green... ball hit about 20ft away from the pin and just to the right, and stopped about 8ft to the right of the pin.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Hard to say, considering my round saturday was my best yet.

Three shots come to mind:

Holing out from the rough 25 feet from the pin after skulling a chip across the green to save bogey.

Hitting a PW to 2 feet on a 145 yard Par 3 (with 20mph wind behind me) by spinning the ball back (Birdie'd it)

Lipping out an eagle putt (would have been my first) on a 490 yard par 5 where I was on the front fringe 40 feet from the pin on a tough uphill right to left green. Birdie'd it.

Ken
http://labs.live.com/photosynth

Driver: R7 425 9.5 ProLaunch Blue R65
3W: Raylor Burner RegIrons: R7 TP 3-PW ProjectX 6.0GW: 52/8 Vokey Oil CanSW: 56/14 Vokey Spin Milled Oil CanPutter: 330 PutterBag: Grom

Guest ShadowXOR
Played a par-3 course with my wife yesterday. 110 yds, where I would normally hit my gap wedge, but it was really windy (probably 25 mph gusts), and this hole was playing right into the wind. So, I choked down about an inch on my PW, and hit it pure to 5 ft. to a pin tucked behind a big mound. Missed the birdie putt, my short putting is really horrendous lately.

Wow...I really need to work on my distance. I hit a shot almost the exact same distance within a few feet of the hole (and made the putt), however I hit with my 7 iron...

Played with my dad, Bear Slide #16, 125ish par-3. He hit a 9-iron I'm guessing. Anyway it was like the old Larry Bird/Michael Jordan commercials. He pulled it LEFT, hit a tree, bounced down and hit the rock wall in front of the green, back up into the limbs of trees, knocked forward, 5 feet for birdie. Lucky sucker!!!!!!
The best feeling in golf is a long walk with a putter - Greg Norman

In my Atlas Bag
FT-3 9° - Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63S
X-Tour 3 Wood 15° - TT Stiff MP-60 Irons 3-PW - DGS300 2 Up MP-T 51° 56°(10)/60°(4) Vokey SM Oil Can Studio Style Newport 2 V1xHome Course Bear Slide

Played 54 holes this weekend and probably my best shot was a 3 iron on the 54th hole into the wind 185 yards. Wind was pretty strong 3 iron is usually good for about 210 to 215 and I was getting tired. Really focused and put a solid swing on it. 5 feet from the pin. Lipped out the birdie putt.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

Two of my best played holes in a while happened yesterday.

#5 - Par 5 - Slightly downhill tee shot and slightly uphill approach shot required with O.B. down the left and right of the hole. I ripped driver off the tee with a little cut. Right in the middle of the fairway, 160 yards out. Pin was on the front. I've been pulling my irons lately because I'm not following through to the target so I told myself before my shot to eliminate this problem. I hit a gorgeous 8 iron with about a 5 yard draw and it landed 2 ft short of the pin and left me with a 3 ft eagle putt. I made the putt, but the best part was this lady sitting on her porch congratulating me on my shot.

#6 - Par 3 - The hole is 150 yards, but only plays to about 140. I hit a solid wedge with the same slight draw and landed 2 ft right of the pin and had a 4 ft putt for birdie. Drained it.

-3 for those two holes.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

My best this week was my last full shot of a round played Sunday afternoon. Third shot into a par 5, uphill, ball lying on hardpan under some trees, about 105 from the pin. There were some limbs obstructing a full-trajectory shot, but not so much that you needed a 10-foot high shot or anything.

I took a nine iron, played the ball back an inch, and swung 3/4. The ball pitched 6 feet from the hole and backed up a foot.

Let's just say the putt was not my best shot of the week. But that nine iron was struck absolutely pure and flush, and went right on the intended line the perfect distance.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday, had two very nice shots.

#5 is a decent sized par 4. Green is heavily sloped back to front. Of course I did what I always try NOT to do...and flew the green. I was about 10-15 feet behind the green. The pin was only about 10 feet onto the green, on a downslope. So I didn't have hardly any green to work with and I knew it was gonna land on a down slope. Well I took out my 60 and played a beautiful flop shot that hit the center of the pin and dropped. A nice birdie on a tough hole.

#17. Dogleg right par 4. Tee off is over a lake into a fairway that is facing to the right. You have to really hit it high and far to cut the corner. I always try to just play a cut shot and fade it back into the fairway. Well, I would up pulling it through the fairway, over the cart path and into a wooded area full of baby pines with adult pines lining the cart path. 150 yards out with 2 adult pines directly inbetween me and the pin. Just to the right of the right pine is a crape mertle. I decide to punch a 4 iron over the crape mertle (while keeping it underneath the branches of the pine) and hook it around back to the green. Needless to say I pulled it off nicely...rolled up to about 7-8 feet away and sunk the birdie!

Had two beauties today....

1. 75 yards in, baby sand wedge.... bounce twice, pin and in... For Par haha.

2. Drove the green on a 308 yard Par 4, missed the 10 ft Eagle and tapped in for Birdie.

Best 92 you will ever see... haha.

Whats in MY bag?

R7 Superquad 10.5 Stiff Flex Driver
R7 3 Wood
Rescue Dual #3 RAC OS2 Irons 3-LW Full Set Irons Rossa Daytona Putter

my best shot for this week was sticking a 190 yd hook from out of the trees to stick to 4 ft from the hole.....to bad for me im a terrible at 5ft and in for putting anything outstide of 5ft has a beter chance of droppin than if i were in 5 ft

Driver: HS9 F 10° w/ Speeder 553 shaft
Fairway wood: X 3 wood 15°
Irons: 695MB 3-PW
Wedges: Spin milled oil can 56°
Wedges: Vokey oil can 52°Putter: Newport 2 (had 2.5 selling it now pm if u want)Ball: Pro V1 (5,6,7,8)

I played my best shot on sunday with my new 17* hybrid. 180m out, uphill, bunker on right tucked pin position. Hit a perfect high draw to 5 feet. Made birdie (1 index hole)
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....