IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Par-5 #8 hole. Drive was a push-fade that ended up in right hand rough. The contour of the landing area for this hole is sloped right to left, and it is more extreme in the rough down the right side. Had about 200+ yds to the front of the green, decent lie, but on a sidehill with the ball about 6-8 inches above my feet. Decided to go for the green with 3h. Had to choke down almost to the bottom of the grip. Hit the ball just about as flush as possible given the lie and my ability. Split the two front greenside bunkers, landed just short of the green and rolled on leaving about a 20-25 foot eagle putt (which I didn't make).

image.png.251763ba6c97efc32d658872eae234d3.png

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Short-sided myself (again) and had a difficult shot out of the rough to a tight pin on a push up green. I had options. There was a span of tightly-mown fairway between my ball in the rough and green so I could try to bump something up onto the green and hope the rise would take some pace off the shot. Or I could try and land it on the green and hope it doesn't run too far away. I chose to land it on the green, I hit my spot perfectly and the ball rolled about 6-7 feet past the pin. Made a nice par.

Bill M

Not sure there was a particularly awesome shot, but played in a neighborhood scramble today and had a natural eagle on the 18th hole. Hit a 245yd drive down the middle, hit a 210 5W onto the green to 12 ft and made the putt in front of 30 guys from the neighborhood yelling and talking trash from green side. Great hole for me. Only the 4th eagle I’ve ever had. 

day overall was decent. The way I hit today was typical for me, not bad, not great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Not sure there was a particularly awesome shot, but played in a neighborhood scramble today and had a natural eagle on the 18th hole. Hit a 245yd drive down the middle, hit a 210 5W onto the green to 12 ft and made the putt in front of 30 guys from the neighborhood yelling and talking trash from green side. Great hole for me. Only the 4th eagle I’ve ever had. 

day overall was decent. The way I hit today was typical for me, not bad, not great.

That’s 1 more than I have and I’m a 1.5 hdcp.

Mine was a 7-iron out of the rough from 160 yards on the 10th. The 10th isn’t that long it’s a lay-up off the tee... then a second shot over water with the front half sloping toward the water and the second tier has a false back.... over the green is dead... the pin was maybe 4 feet... from the false back... hit my second shot pin high about 3 feet from the hole...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

2 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

That’s 1 more than I have and I’m a 1.5 hdcp.

Mine was a 7-iron out of the rough from 160 yards on the 10th. The 10th isn’t that long it’s a lay-up off the tee... then a second shot over water with the front half sloping toward the water and the second tier has a false back.... over the green is dead... the pin was maybe 4 feet... from the false back... hit my second shot pin high about 3 feet from the hole...

How far in front of the hole did it pitch?

6 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

Did drive go shorter than normal or 5W longer?

Drive was Typical, 5W is usually 200.

Oh, and the 5W was hit over a pond guarding the front of the green so it was a more impressive shot for me to have cleared it and stick the green

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

13 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

How far in front of the hole did it pitch?

Maybe 8-10 feet... I hit my irons pretty high, normally... they stop pretty dead

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

7 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Maybe 8-10 feet... I hit my irons pretty high, normally... they stop pretty dead

Hard to think of a more perfect iron shot from the rough. I guess you could ask to hole out but that seems a little greedy.

18 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Drive was Typical, 5W is usually 200.

Oh, and the 5W was hit over a pond guarding the front of the green so it was a more impressive shot for me to have cleared it and stick the green

Brave to even try the shot then it sounds like. Glad you were rewarded!

Not this week, but we are heading to a course I made an albatross  at 40 yrs ago, when woods were woods and balls were wound.

548 yd par 5.  Driver- 4 wood. Nothing unusual, just two very good shots. But I'll never do that again, hell I'm happy to hit a 545 yarder in regulation any more. LOL

Hole #18 with a strong 1-2 club wind, I ripped a 3 wood and have 102 left and punched the 50* gap wedge to 6 feet. The Gapper was the shot of the day, as I stayed true to the line and hit it perfectly.  

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

For me, it was the entire ninth hole at my Spark Golf match.  It is a downhill, dogleg right - which slopes violently to the right into a ravine - before a 90° dogleg left which climbs up to the green, which is probably about 25 or 30 feet uphill.

Piped a driver about 260 yards down the left side, which took the slope and got down to a flat stop in the middle of the fairway.  Next shot was a smoked 3 hybrid into the moguls at the base of the hill that the green is perched on.  I had about 120 yards left, and I hit a nine iron that, if it had carried another two feet, probably would have kicked right up to the hole.  Chipped on with my gap wedge to about four feet.  Had a uphill, right to left putt left, which i hit about two balls outside the hole, and watched it dive into the center of the cup.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I had a really nice tee shot on a 175 yd par 3 today, to within 4 feet. Partner tapped it in for birdie. (two man scramble)

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• Administrator

So I was helping my daughter out at the back of the range today. I had chipped literally two 8-irons, then wanted her to take a break, so I said “watch this in case I duck hook it onto the practice green” (short game). I’m on the back of the range, hitting toward the mats that are 300 yards away.

I hit it, a high seed, and… it hits by the mats (between two people, about six mats apart) and bounces into the parking lot. It’s a gravel parking lot, the ball didn’t go very far.

But, ooooookay. So, that’s enough of that. My daughter was both in awe and frightened that I may have dented someone’s Honda.

A student takes his Mevo out on the course to measure shots hit out there, and he said he measured my first tee shot a few days ago at 175 ball speed and 117.x (don’t remember the decimal value) clubhead speed. He bought a set of SuperSpeed sticks off eBay later that day.

Wheeeeee.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I’ve hit a lot of good shots in the past week or so, but two really stand out:

•In my round at Croasdaile, I was sitting two on a par 5 about 130 out, but there were some trees overhanging, so I couldn’t hit a lofted PW/9I. I opted for a punch and run with a 7I, planning to land it about ten feet short of the elevated green.

I did exactly that, and my ball rolled onto the top tier where the pin was and stopped four feet out. Would’ve been a heck of a birdie, since that hole isn’t easy on a normal day, but I had a nice tap in for par.

•This was from my round yesterday. The seventh hole is a tough 180-yard par 3 from the blue tees. I let rip with a 6I, and I hit one of the purest 6I shots I’ve ever hit. It landed safely on the green and stopped pin high, about 15 feet to the left. Two putt for par and probably my best hole of the day.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

After watching my piped three wood roll back down the hill toward the tee, leaving me with about 150 yard shot, up such a severe slope that I could not see the flag (and the ball had just rolled about 75 yards down).  I pulled my six iron and lined up to where my partner said the flag was on Saturday.

I hit the pin.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

My best shot of the week was actually a long chip. I’d show you on GG, but it crapped out on did not upload my round. My drive hit the fairway on a tight but relatively short par 4. It bounced hard left and down a hill toward the green. It ended up about 40 yards from the pin with a bunker in between and trees up. So I took a 6 iron and chipped a low runner just left of the trap that settled on the left edge of the green. I two putt from there which was also a challenge because it was about an 8% slope across the green over a ridge.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm taking a Putt as my shot of the week.  On the Par-4 #2 I was @ 4 feet above the hole putting for bogie.  I watched as the others had their putts roll past the hole and off the green or roll up short of the hole then roll back towards them.  I knew it was a very fast down-hill putt but luckily it was only a slight right to left break.  I tapped the putt as lightly as I could possibly do and the ball rolled so slowly you could read the logo as it rolled into the center of the cup.  I know this was for bogie, but even a little off in either direction would have left me a knee-knocker for double-bogie, even as lightly as I tapped it.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)