IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Wednesday, morning 9 before work. #4, 382 yd. par 4 downhill dogleg right. Aimed right for the corner of the dogleg, hit my drive nice and pure, dead straight, rolled to about 10 ft. shy of going through the fairway. Left me about a 98 yd. sand wedge to the pin.

My driving is getting a little more predictable, the misses aren't as severe lately, so hitting one nice and pure that left me a sand wedge in felt great.

I hit the sand wedge a little thin and it trickled off the back of the green. I got up and down for the par though.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Only half way through the week but I think that I have mine...

On the second hole (par 4) I put a pounded a five iron off the tee but it cut a little too much and ended up behind the tree. I pured a lob wedge right over the tree but got a terrible bounce and went off to the right and into the grass bunker. The rough was exceptionally deep and the rough was about seven inches high. Played it like a bunker shot and low and behold, it went in the hole, no bounces. SLAM DUNK! Proves that there is justice in golf...
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

I was having a terrible round of golf yesterday but made a chip in birdie with the 58 degree wedge from about 30 feet just off the green, left to right breaker and it went into the center of the cup. Was nice to have at least something go good during one of the worst rounds of the year for me!

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

• Administrator

Best shot for me so far this week was a 69-yard wedge shot I stuck to a foot from the rough for a tap-in birdie at the 17th at Lake View yesterday.

Unless you consider the 6-iron I hit today on the 17th hole (at a different course). I had 170 in, into a little breeze, and I flew the ball 15 yards over the flag. So... that's the "best" shot for entirely different reasons.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit a nice little knockdown shot with my 5 iron under a pine tree from about 100yard out. It trickled onto the green and left me with a 5ft par save.

I hit another great shot with my hybrid, from about 190 I blasted it over a dogleg, I could'nt see it fall from behind the treeline. I came around the corner and saw it sitting about 6ft from the pin for birdie.

The best shot I "saw" was a guy that I played along with yesterday, he way overshot the green and had a bad lie on the edge of the cart path. Instead of taking a penlalty stroke for a better lie, he chipped onto the green and it rolled straight into the cup for a birdie. He was pretty happy with that shot to say the least...
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Best shot last week. Thursday evening, #4 at Fitzsimons - 358 yd. Par 4, slight dogleg left. I cut the corner of the dogleg with a really nice straight drive, leaving myself about 110 in to a pin that was cut in the left front of the green, right behind a bunker. GW, pulled just a little bit left, but it took a really nice bounce off of the left fringe that was slightly banked to the right. Rolled to about 3.5 ft., leaving me a slippery downhiller with about a foot of break. Drained it for a birdie. That approach was probably my best approach shot all season so far.

5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

• Administrator
I'm 160 out on a par four, ten yards into the left rough (maybe less). The hole doglegs slightly right but there are trees in play from every part of the rough both left and right.

I see a small gap about two feet in diameter about 45 yards in front of me. It's just left and under a massive tree trunk, just right of the leaves of another tree, and just above the branches of a tree 30 feet below (the hole drops down about 30 feet roughly 50 yards in front of me). The gap points me at the right-hand bunkers, so a draw is necessary.

I take a 4-iron, grip down, play it back in my stance, and hit a 5-yard draw that ticks the edge of one leaf on its way through the hole. The next thing I see the ball is rolling on the right side of the green, bending left towards the hole. It comes to a stop five or six feet short of the hole, with a straight uphill putt.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guess I have to add it here:

162 yd par 3. Pin tucked front half, right side, right behind a bunker that has a rising knob guarding the front edge. Was going to take 7I and just go left/deep. As I step up, a pretty steady breeze comes up behind me. I grab 8I instead, with the same goal in mind. Looking back, I don't really think I aligned left, though, because I made a good swing, good contact, but it was going right at the hole, actually slightly right with just a little cut. I rooted for it to get over that knob and, when it did, turned around to put my club away and grab my bag.

My friend goes, "aw, man, it's even rolling at it....look at it, LOOK AT IT!" I turned JUST in time to see it disappear in the cup. My first ace!

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

50 yards out on a par 4. I hit a low pitch with my GW. The ball landed about 5 feet short, hopped once and stopped 1 foot from the cup. If it had only released a little it would have gone in for an eagle.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Short par 4, hit 3 wood off the tee, right in the middle of the fairway, but now blocked by some trees to the green. Hit a low shot with an 8 iron that ended up in a deep bunker at the left front of the green. Played a sweet lob wedge out of the bunker that bounced once and hit the pin - dropped a foot from the cup for a tap-in par - would've gone 20 feet past the hole if the pin didn't get in the way. Best sand shot of the year for me.

Edit - this was my round on Saturday.

This wasn't my best shot of the week because I don't play every week. However, this was my best hole recently: @480 yard par 5, dogleg left. Hit driver over the edge of the dogleg leaving me a 186 yard second shot to the green. Hit a 6-iron to about 10' from the flag. Drained the left to right "slider" for an eagle.

My golfing buds were cheering and we all went to dinner afterwards to celebrate. They stuck me with the bill. LOL.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Par 5. Ripped a tee shot and I have 200 yards left to the green. My ball settled on the backside of a little hump so I have a downhill lie and I'm into maybe a 7-8 breeze. It's in the first cut of rough, but was sitting up so I had a nice lie. Decide to hit a cut 3 iron given the lie. Couldn't have executed it much better. The ball started left of the flag and cut right back towards it. I landed pin high and the ball checked pretty well leaving me a 5ft putt for eagle. I missed the putt because it literally had 4ft of break for that 5ft putt. Oh well. Tap in birdie.

Unfortunately that was my only highlight in what turned out to be my worst round since probably April or May.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Short par 4 into a stiff breeze, hit driver to 75 yards, hit the 60 degree with the ball back in my stance to 2 feet for a tap in. It was for my second birdie in a row. I was feeling pretty good.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Short par 4 into a stiff breeze, hit driver to 75 yards, hit the 60 degree with the ball back in my stance to 2 feet for a tap in. It was for my second birdie in a row. I was feeling pretty good.

175 to a front right pin, set up perfectly for my fade. I hit a baby 6 high fade, it hit two inches, lipped out and stopped an inch or so away. That would have been my first ever hole out from the fairway (50+ yards). I think my heart stopped for a second lol.

Earlier today i put my drive into a DEEP fairway bunker on the 17th hole at my home course. I had about 160 uphil and hit a beautiful 7 iron that hit the stick. Made the 4 footer for bird.

315 yard par 4. Elevated tee. Drove the green. My typical shot is a cut, but this drive drew. It was a thing of beauty. I missed the eagle putt, but it was a good birdie. Plus, how many times do you have the chance to putt for an eagle on a Par 4. Pretty sweet!

#18 522yd Par 5. Huge drive w/ prolly 60 roll. 2nd shot 5wood from 190 on a rope to 6'. Lipped out my eagle, but I'll take a tap-in bird to end the round anyday.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I made some very good putts in the 8-15 foot range yesterday and hit a drive well over 300 yards, but the best shot was on the last hole. I had a mediocre round overall when I came to the 18th tee. It's a double dogleg that goe left then back right. I pushed my tee shot a little and took going for the green in 2 out of the picture immediately. I pulled my 9 iron lay up into the left rough. I had about 90 yards to the flag. I cleared all the bad shots out of my head and thought finish strong. I hit a gap wedge that landed 8 feet past the hole and stopped dead. I rolled in the birdie. My putting was very good considering the greens were aerrated on Wednesday and top dressed with sand. No three putts.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...