IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

• Administrator

I played today and guess what? I have to change what I said before about not getting an eagle. I had one today.

Granted, we were playing the white tees (they knock off 500 yards, and about 300 of those are on the four par-5s). I hit a driver, hit it nicely, got a whole five yards of roll (soft fairways, as you can imagine for the northeast right now), and put an easy 8I to the middle of the green. Pin was back, and I had to go uphill about four to five feet and I played about six to seven feet of break (Dave: #13, if you're wondering). Rolled in with perfect speed from 50 feet.

The 8I wasn't all that spectacular. The drive was nice, the putt was good. Regardless, as a collective, "my best shot of the week."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
I'm going to highlight a couple of shots (in direct contradition to the thread title - what a rebel) Hit a nice draw 300+ today and with wet fairways and cold conditions that felt pretty good. My buddy said, "You hit that 320!" and while it might of been true, just to put it out in the middle like that felt good.

I played Friday (9 holes) and Saturday (18 holes) and two par-5's stick out to me. Both of them I had a GIR with a 54 degree wedge from about 40 yards and two-putt-pars. The second shot on the first day was with a 19 degree FW wood and the second shot today was with a 15 degree FW wood. Both were well struck and headed at the hole, not hooking away from it.

I'm benefiting from better ball placement and a better position at set-up which I'll go into more later. I'm encouraged!

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
I'm going to highlight a couple of shots (in direct contradition to the thread title - what a rebel) Hit a nice draw 300+ today and with wet fairways and cold conditions that felt pretty good. My buddy said, "You hit that 320!" and while it might of been true, just to put it out in the middle like that felt good.

I look forward to hearing about those things, Jeff. Congrats.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...
I had one of the best shots of my life this past weekend. It was a par 5 where I tried to jump on a driver to get it waaay down there. I hooked the my drive and it hit a tree and popped out in the left rough. I had 247 in and into a slight breeze. I pulled my strong 3 wood and hit a nice low draw that turned over and landed about 2 feet short of the pin dead on line and rolled about 6 inches past. It was behind the hole and had to have just missed going in. It was one of those shots where at impact you know you hit a great shot. I hit it and said ... "Ohhh, that's gonna be good".
Thats my shot of 2005!

-What's in Da Bag?-

TaylorMade M1 8.5 
Cobra SZ strong 3
3-w Titleist 735 CM 

• Administrator
I had one of the best shots of my life this past weekend. It was a par 5 where I tried to jump on a driver to get it waaay down there. I hooked the my drive and it hit a tree and popped out in the left rough. I had 247 in and into a slight breeze. I pulled my strong 3 wood and hit a nice low draw that turned over and landed about 2 feet short of the pin dead on line and rolled about 6 inches past. It was behind the hole and had to have just missed going in. It was one of those shots where at impact you know you hit a great shot. I hit it and said ... "Ohhh, that's gonna be good".

Just in time to close out the year too!

Nice ! My best shot of the week was sending a full load of snow about 10 ft over the curb. I used my graphite shovel to pull that off.

God damn, I hate winter

Nice ! My best shot of the week was sending a full load of snow about 10 ft over the curb. I used my graphite shovel to pull that off.

I just switched to Graphite on my shovel this year and it really makes a huge difference. The old wood shaft I was using was cumbersome and too stiff. I also went with an oversized head and a steel leading edge. It's great for power without sacrificing my accuracy. We just got a couple more inches over night topped off with some lovely freezing rain for the drive in to work. Good news though, we have 5-8" comming in by drive time tonight. Someone please tell me why we actually need snow. What the hell happened to global warming?
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Par 3, 187 yrd, playing slightly uphill, into the wind, pin at the back, prolly played about 210. Used the 17 deg. hybrid and put a nice easy swing on it. Felt great and landed pin high about 5 feet away..3 putt it anyway..but the best I ever got in regulation on that hole.

• Administrator
Par 3, 187 yrd, playing slightly uphill, into the wind, pin at the back, prolly played about 210. Used the 17 deg. hybrid and put a nice easy swing on it. Felt great and landed pin high about 5 feet away..3 putt it anyway..but the best I ever got in regulation on that hole.

Wait, seriously, the guy who makes custom putter covers three-putts from five feet? Did you accidentally leave your headcover on?

I had a double eagle in TW 2005. Spun a wedge back into the hole. I've had a ton of shots on the PS2 that would qualify.

It's a nice ego booster.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I had a double eagle in TW 2005. Spun a wedge back into the hole. I've had a ton of shots on the PS2 that would qualify.

I have to say a serious golf gamer would play Links 2K4, but it's not available for the PS2..only XBOX..I also have TW2K5..too easy..first week I played I got a hole in one..I do like the crazy build your golfer feature though.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't know if this counts, but I hit three perfect drives in a row with my 905 the other day on the range after I had struggled a bit. Nice high...well, high for me...draw.

I'm officially out of golf hibernation. It only lasts about 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after Christmas.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator
I'm officially out of golf hibernation. It only lasts about 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after Christmas.

Bite me.

• 3 weeks later...
On Saturday I had 150 from a fairway bunker to a pin guarded by a bunker. There was a tree about halfway between me and the green that I had to cut around as well. I opened a 7-iron up, leaned forward and took a hard swipe at it and hit a beautiful fade into the green to about 12 feet.

Yes, I did make the putt.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave