IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

walked a quick nine today after the rain cleared out and the greens were smooth. So walking up to the par 4 420 yards i hit a drive straight up the middle about 301. So i pulled out the 52 degree wedge and hit a monster right for the flag only to see that it was about 25 feet passed the hole. Until i saw the ferocious spin take it back another 25 to stop leaning over the damn hole. About an 1/8th of the ball was over the hole, so waiting for the tiger moment i waited 25 seconds or so and when i finally went up to tap it in.... it dropped for an eagle baby.
Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

The entire fifth at Quail Hollow CC (no not the Quail Hollow your thinking of). 500 yard par 5. Crushed my drive through the fairway about 220 yards away. Smashed a 3H to just long and off the green. Slippery chip shot with no room to work with. Put it to 4 feet. Made the bender for bird.

During league night came up maybe 10 yards short on 479 yd par 5 in two. After watching my partner chunk 3 in a row from the long and thick fringe I chipped in for eagle! Birdied the 170 yard par 3 following hole. Then gave it all back and then some over the last 4 holes

In my BagBoy Griplok bag
Driver: Diablo 9 degree stiff graphite
3 Wood: Diablo 15 degree stiff graphite
Hybrid: Hb5 3 stiff graphite
Irons: FG Tour V2 stiff steel  S W: Harmonized 55 degree

Putter: Odyssey Teron

Ball: E6

GPS: UPro

This week I have two, to make up for a couple of weeks that had none.

First was lob wedge from the fairway parachute drop, plonk, about 18 yards to within 2 feet of the hole. ( I have no bump and run game, but a very confident LW/SW game right now. Last week those first putts were 20 ft. This week, a bunch within 5 feet, it made the putting lot easier.)

Second of the week on a 272 yard par 4, was a 45-50 yard SW to within 3 feet for birdie 1-putt on the back of a tiered green. It was sweeter since the shot before was driver into light rough, Might have been one of my first up and downs (but I'm not sure if that distance qualifies?).

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

a bit of a disappointing round today, shot 104, 52 on front and back nine. But had a couple encouraging good shots.
Hit my 3 wood the farthest ive ever hit it, 250+on 2nd shot on par 5, just coming up about 50 yards short of reaching in 2 after a subpar drive. And the brighest came on the 18th. After an ok drive and chunking my 2nd shot, hit my pw from about 70 yards to within 3 feet and tapped in and saved par.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Playing alone, from the tips today, I played through a guy and his mom. After several holes of waiting behind them, they asked me through on #15.

That's a great story. And a reminder it's not always the kiss of doom to duff one's tee shot.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

2nd shot on a par 4,

150yds out, played a little draw with my 9 iron that somehow weaved its way through trees and ended up about 3 feet away from the cup.

Nice little birdie putt.
The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

had two really good ones. 215 yard 3 iron to get on in two on a par 5 and made birdie. drove the green on 317 yard par four but still made par. two fun shots in an otherwise forgettable round of golf.

In my Sun Mountain MPB bag:
Burner 07 9.5w/ Prolaunch Red
SZ Fairway Woods 4+ and 7
Rescue TP 3 hybrid
200 series irons 4-pwcg11 wedges 52*,56*,60*White Hot 2-BallDT RollHome Course: www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/

i had 2 great shots also...
i drove a green on a dogleg left by going over the trees... a straightline from the tee to the green took a pretty good 280 yrd poke...
the other shot was from 165 out middle of the fw... pulled 6i... carrying the greenside bunker... landing on the left side of the green... 1 bounce to the right... hitting the flagstick... stopping 2 inches from the hole... tap in birdie that was almost an eagle no putt
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Best shot this week was an approach on a par 4, I was maybe 110 out, green was slanted left to right. I couldnt aim for the center as I was behind a pine tree, so I shot for the berm on the left side hoping it would kick and roll close. Came thisclose to hitting a tree branch, but it hit the berm, and started rolling. Ended up about 8 feet away.

Nothing spectacular this week. Just a lot of solid golf shots, fairways, greens, and two-putts. I guess the best was a 10-foot par-save to hold a +1, 9-hole round together.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

had 2 good ones again today...
birdie putt on a long par 3... 35 foot downhill left to right... green was playing really fast...
i basically tapped it just to get it going... i could swear it took an hour to reach the hole... lol... but it kept rolling and rolling very slowly till it dropped...

the other was my approach shot on a long par5 from about 80 out... pin was cut in the front with no green to work with... an easy swing with my 52 got the ball to one hop on the front bump of the fringe... roll to the hole... lipping out and taking a 90* rt turn about 5 inches from the hole
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Hmmmm, that gap wedge must have felt nice.

Mine was on a shortish dogleg left par 4. Big tree hanging out in the inside elbow spot, so I aimed at right edge of fairway and strenthened my left hand grip. Hit a strong draw that started well right, avoided the tree, came round nicely and set me up for a short pitch. Only parred it but I must be trusting the play better because up until now the ball would have ended up in the right rough.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

18th hole par 4 dogleg left, i tried to play it safe using a 5I, but it faded right too far into the rough, pulled out my 3I hybrid and drilled it within 10 yards of the pin. I missed the birdie put 1 yard short, but saved par to end my day

200 hundred yards out in the woods after a botched 7 iron shot from the tee box on a dog leg left. Broke out the 4 iron to hit it low and long through the trunks. I lost site of the ball after I hit. Thought for sure it was lost in the woods. It magically missed every tree trunk and landed next to the green.

50 yards out, ball 4 inches from the lip of the bunker leaving me no follow through whatsoever. Pin protected by sand short. Hit lob wedge, swung like the lip wasn't there and hoped for the best. The ball carried about 20 feet past the pin, skipped forward a couple feet, and zipped back to 2 feet. Easy birdie . Definitely worth the pain of having a 50 yard swing stopped right after impact.

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

All my greatest putts seem to only save me par or bogey. I always leave easy birdies somehow. I drained one last week for at least 50, more like 70 feet. I was going to go back to measure (there was a group close behind) but it was a ways from the clubhouse.

In my tour bag:
Driver: FT-IQ
Fairway Wood: Big Bertha 3W
Irons: Big Bertha Fusion 3-PW
Wedge: Forged+ SWPutter: DetourBall: TP BurnerConsidering an adams a4OS hybrid? Opinions?