IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Long dogleg right par-4. My natural shot is a fade, I don't even have to think about it, so this hole's a green light for me to really have at one.

So after i hit a high draw into the trees left of the dogleg Ive stretched the 2nd shot out to about 225 from the rough. My dad had split the fairway and he got quite a kick out of my situation. I looked at the lie, then the hole, and I said to him, "No, I really think I can go under this tree and over that one."

"Hahah. Ok, you do that." he said. So I took a second, realigned, and under/over it went, exactly like my mind's eye saw it happening and finished just short of the green. Got up/down and matched his par.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

I actually had 2 best shots...
Both of em were about 30-40 foot chips that I somehow sunk. I was happier with the second one because I had to factor in a large swell between the hole and where my ball was placed. Both were for birdie on par 3s. Somehow on the back nine I managed to only shoot two over... those two birdies and two doubles, which were in the first two holes of the back nine. So for 7 holes I played probably my best golf ever.
Driver - Sumo 5900 (9.5°) S
3W - 909 F2 (15.5°) X
Hybrid - 4DX Ironwood 3 (20°) S
Irons: 4-PW - Victory Reds Full Cavity S
Wedge - CG14 (56°)Putter - Red X5 35"Ball - e6+Scores with New Bag:95, 83, 86

Par 4. 432 yard hole. Good drive slight slice from left to right but caught fairway. Had a 2nd shot over a pond to the green. Hit a 5 iron dead at pin 1 hop hit pin and went 6 inches right. Almost Eagle but il take a birdie like that anyday. Might just be one of my best shots ever. Definitly in my top 10

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

PW from about 100 yards out. Couldn't get there with my 58* so I choked up and took an easy swing. Nice little draw heading right at it. Hit the pin and ended up 4' away. Horseshoed the putt (Curse you newly aerated/sandy greens).

almost got my first albatross today...
short par5... monster shot off the tee...
200 yrds out... 4w... really low laser draw... hitting the stick...
missed my eagle putt from 15 ft away... tap in birdie...
ill take it
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Par 5 480

Drove into some trees on the right. Punched out to about 170. The wind was blowing about 15 mph right into my face. I picked out a 5i and blasted it towards the hole with a slight fade. Dropped onto the green with one hop, then stopped about 10-12 ft short of the hole. Proceeded to miss the putt. Story of my life.

Driver: 909 D3 Diamana Blue
3 wood Ti Bubble 2
Hybrid: Burner Rescue 19 S Fujikura
4-PW: ZB NS Pro 100 S
GW: 51 VokeySW: 55 VokeyLW: 60 BeCuPutter: Red X3 or Del Mar 2 TeI3Ball: TP Red LDP or Pro V1x

145 out, jailed in trees with no shot other than a pitch out - besides a Phil Mickelson style 'window' through the trees. I saw a possible line under one tree through a window in the next, then slice around another tree. I hit a very spinny 8 iron cut that started low enough to get under the first tree, then rose like a phoenix right through my target window and finally sliced perfectly around the last tree. It ended up pin-high on the fringe. I made par.

Definitely one of the most creative shots I've ever pulled off in a round.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

On a dinky muni Ive never played before, par 5, severe bend to the left about 350 from the tees. Hit a straight tee shot, ended up on left side of fairway. Figured since I slice the crap out of my 3 wood, Id just rear back and clobber it. Once I hit it, noticed it went straight, lost sight. Figured it ended up OB in the little dead zone that was there trying to prevent cutting across is 2. Hit a provisional, just in case. Found the ball on the right side of the fairway, about 30 yards away. Hit a chubby PW and 2 putted for par.

Well 2 shots really. 1.Playing Druids Heath (Ireland) for the first time as I am about to join. Drove down the first (420 yard par 4) slighty into wind and had 190 left to a slightly elevated green pin on the far left side protected by a bunker front left. I had to hit a prefect drawing 5 iron and I did! 2.Later in the round on the 16 found the fairway bunker off the tee which left me 260 to the pin (448 par 4 ) Down hill wind helping I put my rescue club to about 15 feet for a 2 putt par.

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

My round yesterday was 17 bad holes and one great one. On a downhill par 3 playing at 185 yards, with the pin in the back and a hazard short and right, I set up to the left of the green and made a perfect draw with my 4-iron off the tee to within 10 feet.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

#2 Par 3, 182, pin in the back.

Toed a 6 iron, ball ended up pin high but laying in the middle of the concrete cart path. Dropped. Pulled out 58*. Had an odd "feeling" before I even addressed the ball. Pitched it in for birdy.

Lets not talk about the rest of the round.

Thanks Steve

2009 Goals

Bag Driver: :Nike: SQ Dymo 10.5 Stiff1-2, skip a few (rest of bag getting rebuilt slowly)Putter:

really windy... blowing towards the green... par3 155 forced carry over water... smooth 7i went high... drawing... thought it'd be short... instead it hit the back left of the green spinning back catching the slope tracking to 10ft of the hole
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

had about 135 left on a par 4 to the hole, pulled 8 iron and hit the flagstick about a foot above the hole.

of course, it bounced to 30 feet and I 3 putt.

Possibly the best I've hit the ball ever. I tee up at the 12th hole par three. The tees are set at the 160m mark to the front edge of the green. I pure my 6 iron like I have not done before -while the ball was in the air I've totally got this surreal feeling going on.

Watching it fade back in over the green and carry the the front bunker I knew I was close -for a chopper. 4 feet to the left of the flag and pin high. Of course I choke up and barely graze the hole with the birdie putt to finish with a par but damn if I didn't hit that ball well off the tee.

Went on to card 42 on the back nine which beat my PB for 9 holes by 5 strokes.

No rounds recently, just a hell of a lot of practice. I called a 4 iron to a fence post from 200 yards. No wind. Hit it square and bounced straight back. One eye-popping witness. I also called a hole in one on a par-3 from the ladies tees. At least I called it The actual ball landed two feet from the stick, bounced forward (distance rock), and rolled to 5 feet. I also called a lot of other shots that weren't noteworthy or even remotely close to where I called them...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing