IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Our 8th hole, 385 yard par 4, elevated green with a small stream in front of it.
I'd hit a "so so" drive but carved it right and was under some fir trees. Ball was sitting nicely but I had very little room for a backswing, and even less for the follow through. About 150 to go and I had to keep the ball low to avoid hitting some overhanging branches. Pulled out my 4 iron, gripped down low and hooded the face a little. Couple of practice swings and hit it. I knew the minute I had made contact that it was good, but it turned out better than that. Stayed low under the branches, cleared the stream, hit the bank in front of the green and kicked up to within a foot of the hole for a birdie. That has to be the best shot I have ever played in over 20 years of golf. My playing partner couldn't believe it especially when I followed that up with a 40 foot putt for birdie on the following hole! We had been all square up until the 8th, and the fight just went out of him.

In the bag......
Driver: Ping G10 10.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
3 wood: Ping G10 15.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
5 wood: Ping G10 18.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
Hybrids: Ping i15 20 degree AWT regular (on order!)4-PW: Ping i15 AWT regularGap Wedge: Ping Tour-W 50/12 AWT regular (on order!)Sand Wedge:...

Narrow straight-away 398-yard par 4, hitting into a funnel.

Tee shot catches overhanging branch, bounces ball into right rough, about 200 yards out. Punch 3-iron back to fairway, stopping 80 yards from green.
Green has uphill false front, plus we have a quartering headwind blowing toward greenside bunker. SW goes back into the bag.
So, I hit a 6-iron pitch and run , which catches the hollow just in front of the green, and runs up to two feet above the pin.
Tap in the putt for a par.

(It was a wild day. I had five pars but couldn't break 90.)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

PW from about 112 out, wind in face, pin in back. Playing about 130. Hit it perfect. Bounced right in front of the pin, rolled, and stopped about 1 foot past it. I don't know how it didn't go in.....

I'll take the birdie though.....*sigh*......

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

First time playing a course yesterday. Get to the 17th hole and hit my tee shot. Lost it in the sky and noticed that the group ahead of us had come back around the front of the green. Saw a guy jump over my ball as it was headed to the green. Went to the cart to see the yardage on the card.....only 270. The ball ended up two feet on the opposite side of the cup. Eagle.
If I'd been paying attention and noticed that the hole was so short with a pond to the left of the green, I would have never hit driver there. Oh well. Instead...I made my first eagle of the year (have missed putts on at least 5 this season).

par5 18th 513 dogleg left
i got ahold of one today... elevated teebox... teed it up lower than usual... even stood a lil closer to the ball than usual... stepped really hard into my left side... swung for the fences... hit an absolute laser that looked like it didnt get more than 15-20ft in the air... fw was undulating so i lost sight of it... but i hit it straight straight... so i drove down the fw... couldnt find my ball... even backtracked... still couldnt find it... drove over another undulation way farther than i ever thought i could reach and there it was right smack in the middle of the fw...
friends gps said 322... we even had to pick it up and make sure it was my mark on the ball... hahaha... that thing musta rolled forever
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Yesterday, at the range, I hit a 4-hybrid that rolled up to the 210 post. My instructor saw it, too. I remember when I couldn't hit driver that far.

Of course, that's not my new 4-hybrid distance, but it's nice to know my body is capable of that.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Par 4 7th hit my drive right try to punch a 5 wood under the trees.....hit the trees and go backwards had a 4i left in fro about 200 into wind hit a low rising fade that lands and rolls to around 6 foot

In my bag:-

Driver:R7 425 8.5*Graffaloy Blue Tour Stiff

3 Wood: 909F2 13* UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff 92g 1.8* torque5 Wood 909F2 18* Matrix Ozic x-con 6 X-StiffIrons: : 710 mb 3-PW +.75'' 2* up with DG X100 Wedges: spin milled 52* and 60*Putter: Newport 2 35''

Played twilight yesterday afternoon. Hit a low pitch from 70 yards for my third on a par 5. Ball bounced twice, checked, and fell into the hole for a very satisfying eagle. Also, handicap dropped by .6.

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

140 out... pin tucked behind a bunker on the left side... thought i hit my 8i super fat but i caught a high flier... bounced once and spun back into the hole for an eagle...

too bad the very next hole i tripled
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Not my shot, but my grandfather (83) recorded his first hole-in-one this week on #8 on Okatie Creek in Bluffton, SC. It also happens to be the EXACT same hole that I got my first (and only so far...) hole-in-one 10 yrs ago! I thought that was pretty cool.

We've both got some catching up to do, as my twin brother has 3, and my dad has two.

Driver: R7 Superquad, 9.5*, Proforce UST V2 Stiff
3-W: 300-series, 15*, steel shaft
Irons: TP MB Smoke 3-PW (just got em!)
Old irons: rac MB 3-PW (might be selling soon?)
Wedges: CG-12 Gunmetal, 52*, 56* & 60*Putter: Studio Select Newport, 15g weights, 34", etcBag: Hoofer Lite (sun-faded...

I was playing in a scramble last weekend, we came up to a 360 yard par 4 with a sharp dog leg right, thick woods with 25-30 foot high trees separating the tee box from the green. I cut the turn, going directly over the trees. We were shocked to see my ball sitting on the fringe about 20 feet from the pin.

One of the most memorable tee shots I've had.

Revolver Pro
FT-5 Tour 8.5°
Diablo 15° 3W
MP57 3i-PW (Project X 6.0)
52°, 56°, 60° Rossa Daytona