IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Chip-in from 25 yards for a birdie immediately after completely screwing up my previous shot. Words can't describe how elated I was, and also how completely off guard it caught me.

These things don't happen all too often in my game!

Chip-in from 25 yards for a birdie immediately after completely screwing up my previous shot. Words can't describe how elated I was, and also how completely off guard it caught me.

Haha, nice! Reminds me of my round yesterday: Knocked it onto a par 5 in two w/ driver, 4 iron and had about 25 ft for eagle. 3-putted for par after an aggressive 1st, left the green VERY unhappy... Next hole par 3 205yds hit a 5 iron to about 35 ft and drained it! Golf karma can be some of the best (and the worst) kind ever!

Nice work again w/ the chip-ins, those are always very fun

Driver: R7 Superquad, 9.5*, Proforce UST V2 Stiff
3-W: 300-series, 15*, steel shaft
Irons: TP MB Smoke 3-PW (just got em!)
Old irons: rac MB 3-PW (might be selling soon?)
Wedges: CG-12 Gunmetal, 52*, 56* & 60*Putter: Studio Select Newport, 15g weights, 34", etcBag: Hoofer Lite (sun-faded...

18th par5... great drive... a few duffs later... lie is on a severe slope 2ft off the green... popped a funky lil chip shot right into the hole... after a crappy round i hit a shot that makes me wanna play another round
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

3 Months into learning the game, I've got 2 very memorable shots.

Local Muni last hole (2 weeks ago): Sharp dog leg right with a severely elevated green. Pull hooked the drive. Took a drop. 5 Iron out of a valley trying to cut the dog leg, left myself under a tree. I had to fly through tree branches over another tree that guards the green 25 ft above my lie with about 120 yards to the pin. Pulled out my 9 iron and proceeded to hit a real golf shot. Came down on the ball it rocketed up through the branches over the far tree and dropped dead 5' from the pin. First time I've hit an iron and not had the ball release.

Local Scramble Tourney: Last hole, long par 5 with a severly protected green. Using someone else's drive, I hit my 3W 220 to come to rest right before the greenside monster of a bunker with 50 yards to the pin. We use my shot as everyone else sliced into fairway bunkers. I proceed to hit a sweet flop with my 60 degree over the bunker and stop it 3' from the hole. Great way to end the round.

This game is fantastic.

Shot my personal best 39 on nine holes yesterday. Combine that with my at the time best of 40 on 9 holes from Monday and it was a personal best 79. First time I've some what broken 80.

Best shot of the day.

1.) Toughest hole on the back nine is a Par 5 530 yard dog leg left. Very narrow with lots of trees. I pulled my drive and had to punch out. I was left with 185 to the middle with pin the the very back. Used a 3 hybrid out of thick rough to put it 10 feet from the pin. Birdie putt lipped out but made par which is excellent for that hole.

2.) 9th hole and I knocked my approached shot past the green into the rough. Pins in the back of a severe back to front sloping green. I'm about 7 yards from the pin and my only hope to get it close is to drop it just on the fringe and let it trickle down. I pull off the shot and leave it three feet for par. Make the putt to make a personal best of 39.

3.) Lying in a fairway bunker about 130 yards out. I am terrible at these shots. Pins up front. I was able to clip the ball out of the sand and it landed just short of the green. Was able to get up and down to save par. Shot wasn't pretty but worked.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Actually had a few stand out shots today, my lessons have definitely helped me and my swing.

But the best shot I had today was my second shot on the par 5 11th. The scorecard lists it at 495 yards. I hit my drive down the left side of the fairway, landing on top of a ridge and rolling about 30 more yards.

The GPS showed that I had 196 to the front of the green, the front left of the green is surrounded by a bunker and the back is against a small pond, and the front right has about a 20 yard landing area for the approach shot. I aimed my 5 iron at the edge of the trap as I usually have a small fade with my long irons and hit my 5 iron around 170 yards. I was hoping to land it in front of the green and have a short chip, but I hit it perfectly straight. As soon as I hit it I knew it wasn't going to fade, I watched it climb right on target, as it was coming down all I could think about was it hitting the bunker, but it flew the bunker, landed on the green and checked up about 4 inches from the divot. I think it was the best 5 iron I have ever hit, and left me about a 30 yard eagle putt, which I actually lipped out and had a tap in birdie putt.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had a good fairway lie 122 yards from the flagstick and went after it with a gap wedge. I had been hitting that club a little short so I gave it a full swing +1, took a great divot, hit 30 inches from the pin and rolled left leaving a 4 foot birdie putt which I made.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I was playing on the short game practice area at the First Tee in Austin. I was on a practice green that they decided to put on the side of a hill that, no joke, is a lot like miniature golf. I engineered some difficult shots to give myself some challenges and one was a 20 yard flop shot over a bunker landing on a huge downslope with about 10 feet of green to work with. If you want to get that shot up and down, you have to hit it really high, land it in the first cut 20 yards away, have it take a first bounce onto the green, and let it trickle down the hill right-to-left, after which it will then roll 6 feet past and leave you an uphill putt. I figured I would have done really well if I got it to 10 feet, so that was my goal. First shot, straight up in the air, hit the first cut, trickled over, and I jumped up in the air just in time to see it go in. I laughed and said, "I could probably hit that shot 1000 times and not hole out twice." Then I proceeded to hit the second shot which also went in!!! I don't know if I've ever seen anything like that in my life. It was like making a hole in one.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

The shot that was 'best shot' was actually the second one here, the flop shot.

Hole #7, 487 yd par 5 at Langdon Farms in Oregon. I usually play from the Blue tees, but played from the White tees today with a couple of clients that have never played there before (and it was extremely windy, too). Hit a great drive, about 300 yds, I have a 190 yd shot to the green, pin in the front, creek slices the fairway from left to right at a 45 degree angle to a pond on the right hand side of the green.

I go straight at the pin, but make sure I hit a bit of a draw, to avoid the water. It hits right on top of a mound and dives left into the rough. We get up there and I'm pin high, about 12 yds left of the green on a slight down slope. The green is sloping away and the pond is just past the green. I have about 12 feet of green to work with.

I had a good lie, so I decide to hit a flop shot. At first, I had visions of Padraig Harrington skulling one into the water (like he did against Tiger earlier this year). Then, I heard Johnny Miller's voice telling me no to sole it too deeply and go under it and 'catch it on the top groove'.

But, I put those thoughts out of my mind, stayed down through the shot and it comes out soft and lands like a feather. Rolls just past the hole, to about 5 feet. I wait for everyone else to putt out and calmly roll in the birdie! Nice!

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

tried to play a full 18 today but had to leave cuz i ran out of time so i finished #12 with a great shot...
paired up with a really long baller and his buddy...
well i hit my approach shot pin high to the right in some fluffy rough... decided to hit a flop just to try it for the hell of it... absolutely no green to work with... pointed the face of my 52 straight up... opened my stance... full swing hard... lol...
it shot up... dented the side of the hole and went in... gallery errupted... w00t

My best shot this week was on Sunday. I was in the sand on an 8th hole Par 3 and I hit my tee shot into the bunker to the left of the green. The hole was on the other side of the green and I chipped it out it landed 5-10 yards in front of the hole and rolled in for my first career chip in and second career birdie!

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

This past week, I played with my team for the fifth straight year in a fund raiser for our high school basketball team. We won the first two years, and came in second last year and this year. My best shots were these:

1. Two birdie putts over 25' at critical times.

2. A second shot from 124 yards, uphill, and over a creek. When I hit it, I knew it would be close, and yelled, "Go IN." One of my teammates laughed, and then saw the ball land 4" in front of the pin, and almost drop! I made the downhill birdie putt from 2' away. We really needed that birdie since it was our 16th hole and gave us a chance to win the event! The fellow who laughed said, "You really meant that, didn't you?" Unfortunately, we all had a chance to make the birdie putt from 6' that would have tied the leading team, but we all just missed! Second place again, to the team that won last year. Pretty exciting finish anyway.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

after my brother kicked my butt saturday... i turned the tables on sunday with alot of great shots... but the best shot by far was the closing hole to put the exclamation mark on the round...
578yrd par5 #18 with my first two shots being pushed into the right rough and my 3rd shot catching a tree branch and leaves which left me pin high right... alot of green to work with but the ball sitting deep in the 2nd cut... its also the most difficult triple break green on the course...
52 deg gap wedge... closed face... slight pop... hit the very edge of the green... and it had the slowest roll ever... all the way to the hole for a birdie...
my brother couldnt believe it... lol

My First eagle today
330 yard par 4 i got a pretty good drive just to the right of the fairway. Next shot i chipped over a bunker from around 40 yards out and landed and rolled straight into the cup.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Today on #5. I'm pin high, off the green by five feet, 35 feet from the cup. Another guy in the group is off the back about 5 feet, 40 feet out. He's away and says he wants the flag out. I say "yeah, pull it, I'm thinking I'm about due to make one of these."

Made it. Called it.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I played a foursome charity tournament with some friends last weekend. Fist shot of the game on a par 3. I hit my first shot 12" from the hole. My buddy hit his and hit my ball and he got 3" in from me. It was also a closest to the pin.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire