IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

100 yards left after a sliced 5w layup. Greenside tree in line with my approach about 3 feet to the left of the line. Aimed for the pin with my 56*, put it 6' away from the hole barely missing the tree branches. Of course I missed the birdie putt, but started the round off with a par and an awesome approach shot which I was more than happy with. :)

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

After my driver, I had 40 yards left on a 365 yard par 4 from an elevated tee box. I choose my 60 degree wedge and played the ball a bit back in my stance to make sure I made ball first contact. As soon as I hit it, I said to the group that I thought it might hit the pin. But it didn't...lol. It flew straight into the cup without even a bounce.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

After my driver, I had 40 yards left on a 365 yard par 4 from an elevated tee box. I choose my 60 degree wedge and played the ball a bit back in my stance to make sure I made ball first contact. As soon as I hit it, I said to the group that I thought it might hit the pin. But it didn't...lol. It flew straight into the cup without even a bounce.

That sounds almost exactly how I got my first eagle. I was 40 yards out on like a 300 yard par 4 and it went straight in. SLAM DUNK EAGLE CLUB.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

2 par3's almost the same result...
one with a 7w and one with a 6i...
both below the pin left 5ft out... 6i ended up being a birdie... 7w ended up a par...
man watching those fly i thought for sure i was looking to get a hole in one today
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

After duck-hooking my first drive OB. I had about 100 out for my 5th shot to the par-5, 2nd hole at Bedrock Golf Club (Rutland, MA). Hit my 56*. So close to trickling in. About 4 or 5 inches beyond the hole. Now that's a hard-earned bogey.

9th hole cardinal run par 4, driver to right side of fairway, 8 iron (blind over a hump in front of green) bounced about 5 feet before the pin, rolled JUST to the right of the hole (based on where my ball ended up), and ended up 3 feet behind the hole, knocked in the scary downhill breaker for birdie and finished up the front side in 38!

In my (crossing my fingers for Syracuse Orange Cart) bag:
Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
Walter Hagen 3 metal
Tour Preferred S300 DGs (3-PW)
Tour Preferred 52.08 GWWalter Hagen 56* SW Studio Stainless Newport 2 point 5 ProV1x's if i got em, but usually TP blacks

First hole at the Legacy at Lake Lanier Islands: a 460-yard par 5 from the blues. After a solid tee shot (thank you, free range balls), I had 205 to the green from a slightly uphill lie, with a terrace of bunkers short and Lake Lanier all along the right side. I hit the 3-iron of my life--so pure, I managed to fly just over the green. A chip left me with a 12-foot uphill birdie putt, and I made it. Too bad it was all downhill from there.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

First hole at the Legacy at Lake Lanier Islands: a 460-yard par 5 from the blues. After a solid tee shot (thank you, free range balls), I had 205 to the green from a slightly uphill lie, with a terrace of bunkers short and Lake Lanier all along the right side. I hit the 3-iron of my life--so pure, I managed to fly just over the green. A chip left me with a 12-foot uphill birdie putt, and I made it. Too bad it was all downhill from there.

It seems when I hit a great shot, flush and everything, I always think, now why can't I do that

everytime...

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

It seems when I hit a great shot, flush and everything, I always think, now why can't I do that

For me, it's called tempo. When I start trying too hard (or when my partner and I get caught behind a pair who can't get the ball in the air on a course with numerous carries over water), I lose it, and inconsistency and frustration follow.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

The only shot I took this week was in a dream. I dreamed I got a hole in one at a local course and won $10,000.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Ball was sitting down in the rough just off the green, 20' or so from the pin. "Putted" the ball to 1' with my 3H. When I took my 3H out and took some practice swings pushing the club through the rough, my GF just started laughing and asked if I was serious. When I put the ball over to tap-in range to save my par, she got over it real quick.

I really love how the club just GLIDES through the rough. If I had attempted this with an iron or a wedge I would have gotten all caught up in the grass trying to get to the ball and sent the ball left or right. With the 3H, the ball went exactly where I aimed it, and I maintained the exact tempo I was going for. Couldn't be happier with the club, and very happy with the result of my first try at this.

Oh also sunk a 10' birdie putt during the round. Not as exciting though.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

had 3 money shots today...
almost drove the green on the first tee... wind was blowing straight behind me! popped a good 2yrd draw and i lost sight of it... guys on the green looked around while they were putting... they waited till i got up to my ball... i thought they were gonna yell at me... lol... "great shot man" after i apologized and told them that was a first...

2nd was a series of shots... dr/4w reached the par5 #2 in 2! but couldnt get an eagle :(

3rd was a par save from hell... big hook on a par3 when the pin was on the right... duffed my chip shot barely onto the green... had to make a 50+ footer with a big sweeping break downhill... i barely tapped it... it took forever to get to the hole... i thought it would hang on the lip at the last second... teetered on the edge and went in!
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Par 3, 189 yards, over water, slightly uphill, into a 20-mph wind. Played a 4-iron with a slight draw to about 12 feet behind the hole.

Best chance at birdie through the front, and I'm really concentrating on my putt. Got the line; theoretically had the speed. Swing back, swing forward and....my ball hopped up about six inches in the air and stopped eight feet away. Two-putted for my bogey.

Lesson: On a wet course, make sure your shot onto the green isn't plugged in the putting surface. Never had it happen before but, from now on, I'll make sure to mark and pick up my ball from the putting surface before I get all giggly about what I great shot I just hit.

Oh, and does anyone know the rule on that situation? I assume you can replace your ball next to the indention, but I don't know for sure.

In my Grom:

Launcher 9.0 and 3W. Fujikura Hit-on-M Red X-Stiff
'09 Burners 3-AW. KBS +1" Stiff. 1x hard-stepped
A7 2H. UST ProForce Axiv Stiff 56.08 SW Stainless. G5i Putter. TP Burner LDP or Bridgestone e6+.

52* (Just bought the wedge...TM RAC Satin) from 120. A bit of fade, to the back right of the green. Spun back about 6 feet leaving me with an 8 foot birdie put which I holed.

Two days ago I was playing my home course new paltz. I had 170 from the rough over water, and i pulled out a five iron. I started it way right to avoid chunking it in the water, and brought it back to hit the pin and roll off two feet for a bird.

14th hole - 385 yard uphill par 4. Terrible tee shot short and in the left rough, still 195 yards out with trees in the way. Hit a high draw with my 22° hybrid to 12" for a tap in birdie.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades