IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

chipped in yesterday for birdie. Two days ago I hit a perfect driver+7iron+putt for eagle.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Wasn't fantastic yesterday but a 1/2 to 2/3 punch with a 52° on our par-4 16th was without doubt the best shot for me.

Low trajectory with real fizz, landed 12" short of cup, one skip ~2-3 feet past and stopped dead. Only birdie I made all day.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was about 225 yards from the green on a par-5 for my third shot. I had just hit a 5-iron about 165 yards out of a fairway bunker and had a pretty clear shot at the green. I pulled out my 5-wood and smoked that baby 20 feet from the pin. I three putted for bogey, which soiled it a bit, but damn, I've never hit my 5-wood so well. Feels good! That Ben Hogan knows what he's talking about!!!

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday played 9-holes and had two nice chips on 1 and 6. Both were to less than 2 feet from the hole. It makes you want to play more so you can do it again.

8 iron from some hard packed rough and dead grass, under tree branches, to about 5 or 6 feet from the pin.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

played mudd ball today and my best ball of the day was a recovery from the edge of the woods with a forced carry over water near the woods and a trap guarding the green... it was a hero shot for sure... but oh well i figure advance the ball or go backwards towards the fairway... i made it onto the green for a really long 2 putt... phewww
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Par 5 503 yards. I hit my driver straight down the fairway. Took out my hybrid with around 220 to the pin. The ball landed just short of the green and rolled within 3-4 feet of the cup.........

Yeah, i missed the putt :(

Not my shot, but the guy I paired up with today shot a hole-in-one from about 165 out. My round contained absolutely nothing worth bragging about (after striking the ball beautifully two weeks ago, I chunked and pull-hooked my way to a dreadful score), so witnessing another's achievement is the best I can do.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Got a couple of birdies yesterday, played a beautiful lob wedge about 80 yards on one hole to leave a pretty straightforward 10 footer for the bird. However the best shot this week was a 50 foot putt between tiers for birdie on the other hole. The putt is tricky, as it was uphill onto the top tier, but then after cresting the hill it goes downhill. Judged the speed perfectly, would have been a matter of inches away had it not gone in, very satisfying to see it drop.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

mine was more a get out of jail free card. after a booming drive i shanked my hybrid and had to hit a 3 iron punch to the green . although i missed the putt was still happy with it.

my clubs my bussiness

"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
Ben Hogan

It was on a little par four. it's about a 200 yard carry over water to hit an elevated green, with traps in the back, and right front. ther is water on the right as well , if you slice. Most guys take out a 5 wood, or a hybrid and go for the green. My two parters chucked as I grabbed my nine iron. I placed my first shot right at the 100 yard marker. Theres both over shot the green, on in the trap the other about 6 inches from the base of a tree. My second shot was another 9 iron, to with in 5 feet, and sunk it for birdie. they both parred that hole. I guess it pays to listen to the marshall here and there.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

545 Par 5, straight out with elevated fairway and green. Roped a drive down the middle, hit a 5 iron2nd shot, right and short of the green. Hit a wedge from a nice clean lie on the right rough. The ball landed about 6 yards over the pin and backed up for a tap in birdie.

In my Titleist Premium Stand Bag

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x
G10 15 Degree Grafalloy Red X MP-32 3-pw X100 Vokey Spin 52, 56 SS Newport 2 Pro V1

3/21/09. Playing a par 5, I had a serious slice off the tee, typical. Tried to take a 5W from the rough but had a bad lie and could only advance it a short way but did get it on the fairway. The gps on the cart said I had 189 left and I pulled out a 4 iron and hit the most beautiful shot started just left of the green and a slow loop fade to the middle of the green pin high but about 15 feet left for bird. Only two putted but that 4 iron was the best long iron I had ever hit.

Barry

In the Bag

Custom Built
Driver - R7 Draw 460 / Matrix Studio 84 Shaft X-Stiff
3 Wood - Kest S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff5 Wood - Kent S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff3 Hybrid - RX Low Pro / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-StiffIrons - 4-PW C1 Tour / Precision Rifle...

Wedges - Titlest Vokey Wedges SM5 56-14 and 52-12

i'd have to say that mine was a few days ago. i played sunday with my friend gabe and i had a nice drive and a 130 yard short to the pin. placed it about 3 feet away for a nice birdie. thats just this week though :)

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I have two contestants....First, 230 yards out with about 50 feet elevation drop over a pond, i hit a 3 hybrid to about 10 feet and converted the birdie

Second....140 yards out behind two trees in the left rough with a left pin. I had to play hook in between the two trees with 3/4 swing to swing over to the left pin, i hit an 8 iron to about 4 feet and converted the birdie.

In My University of Kentucky Bag:

R9 460
R9 T3
TP Rescue 17, 21 degree R7 TP 3-PW W/ Project X 6.0 Rac Z TP Wedges 50, 54, 58 Rife Two Bar Hybrid Mallet TP Black Pro V1