• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2018 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
    • So I played with @nevets88 on an rainy Friday morning and now he's witnessed both my best driving round of the year and one of my worst. I don't know if it was the weather or just how poorly I've been hitting the woods lately, but I kind of just gave up in the middle of the round. I wasn't frustrated, I just stopped caring. Stopped doing the little details to make sure I scored well. I guess it's a form of frustration. Anyway, that lasted all of an hour. After lunch we decided to hit the range and see what was going on. So here's my 7i swing from that day: I was hitting the irons pretty solidly on the course, too. Too much curve, swinging a bit too far right, but no big deal, it's a good playable swing. Here's the driver (WARNING: not for the faint of heart): Ugh. Look how far off the toe I hit it. That's become the new normal. When I hit it off the center, it does not get airborne. I've actually been playing better teeing off with 4i than I have with the driver. Sad. At the time, on the range and looking at the video on the phone while fighting the glare, I thought the issue was primarily path-related, so I worked on that. Spent a lot of time hitting 100 yard 7i shots with a little fade which turned the full swing shot much straighter, but I still couldn't hit the driver solidly without just hitting a punchy knock-down shot. With some more time to look at it at home, I realized the issue was how the sweetspot was loading in the backswing and how that affected transition. Been working on a different backswing feel and finally had some time hit some balls with it today. I hit my 2w instead of my driver because it's hard for me to tee up a ball at home (plus one time I popped one up and put a hole in my siding). Here's the raw swing, very similar look to the driver above: Yea it's skipping frames because of the lighting. Here's the 2w with the new backswing feel:   Still a little under to over in transition but much better than it was. Baby steps. Used the feel with the 8i and hit the ball really well. Don't recall hitting any toe shots which is my usual miss.
    • I did. 🙂 And maybe if you only say that it’s a problem in 30% of the questions then they will be able to say that most don’t think it’s a problem. 
    • I took the survey.  I feel like they were really bombarding me with different ways to get me to agree that "distance" is a problem in golf.  I'm afraid many won't be able to stand up to the pressure.
    • Day 5: In Colorado visiting my in laws and they got me some cheap golf clubs to keep here so I can just use those the one or two rounds a year I play here in Colorado Springs area. Spent 20 minutes or so hitting foam golf balls with the clubs to just get familiar with them. Will be interesting round tomorrow, but looking forward to it!
    • Iacas did you think it was as good as advertised? Did you stay over night? Is it conducive to hanging out in the evening with your own beverages or is it pretty standard to buy drinks at the bar?   Just curious about bringing your own bottles of wine, beer, and to hear other's experiences.   It's going to be a 3 night trip and alcohol adds up.      
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Nevsteve
      Nevsteve
      (59 years old)
    2. Pab4141
      Pab4141
      (25 years old)
    3. rdpoffenberger
      rdpoffenberger
      (33 years old)
    4. stothemc
      stothemc
      (35 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...