IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

2nd shot 198 yard draw around some trees to two feet on a par five... worst shot... missed the eagle putt.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

Toss between driving the green on a 285 yd par 4 (two-putt birdie) and a 7-iron shot on a 170 yd par 3 to 5 feet (made the putt).

"I'm not going left or right of those trees, okay. I'm going over those trees...with a little draw." ~ Tin Cup

I'll set the tone. I'm re-tooling my swing in an attempt to get better, so this is my first outing with my new swing.
da da da........
I'm already 16 over and frustrated while I'm walking up the 18th tee box. Head down and can't stop dwelling on how poorly I've been hitting.
I drive my tee into the firm grass and set my dirty scuffed up ball on top. I aim strait for the fairway bunker on the left with my club and take address. Mind you, I hit over the bunker with a draw to short cut the dog leg left. Boom, I pull the shot and its going left of bunker and it has a draw going. "oh @#$5" I say quietly to myself. I figured I just hit it into someones back yard....again. I go around the bend to search for my ball and what do I see, "heck ya" there it is!! It's not OB but it's in gravel and playable.
Now here's the shot.......I grab my desert club, which is a demoed Mizuno 6 iron used for fitting. I grabbed it off eBay for $9 just for this purpose. I shuffle the gravel from under my feet to get a nice sturdy address and I rear up and I hit it. It goes right over the corner edge of the water as I watch to see it in deed it makes it. Ah, the FEELING as it bounced off the edge of where the water and fairway meet and roll into the fairway leaving me a 100yard wedge shot.
I estimate I landed one foot or less from going into the water!! Man, for the type of day I was having, it was a great shot that I will remember for some time.

Monday...

Par 3 7th at Highercombe, SA (for those who might know it)
A bit downhill, 180m trees everywhere, raised green - anything short was about 10 feet below the putting surface

Hit my 18* hybrid PERFECT. Started just left, eased in on the draw (I'm lefty) pitched and stopped 12 feet or so.
The 2 guys I was playing with hit shockers, both left it short therefore WAY downhill from the green.

I 2-putted to make par and win 4 skins! oh yeah.

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

I didn't do it but I wish I did. My playing partner Shot a hole in 1 yesterday. I thought I would never get to see one in person in my life time but it happened yesterday.

Mill Cove Golf Club , Jacksonville, Fl
Hole 4 - Par 3 - 152 Yards over wetlands and water. Pin located in the front third of the green. Using my laser the shot was exactly 138 yards.

He used an 8 iron and the last thing he said before he shot was, "this hole always gives me trouble because of the carry over the water. I need some redemption on this hole."

He made a couple practice swings, lined the club up with the flag, and swung. The ball went high up in the sky, hit the flag stick and the ball went straight into the hole for an ACE. That was awesome. Great shot Justin.

What did I do to follow up that great shot? Hit it in the water

In My cleveland.gif Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW | cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges: cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

Earlier Today,

Had been hitting my driver pure for the past 4 or 5 holes and I think I got a little too confident and stopped paying attention to the basics. Anyways, I sliced it into the right rough where I had about 140 Left to the green. Between me and the green there were 3 giant trees. I decided to go for it and went for a giant cut around all the trees. I hit it perfect and it launched up and around the trees to about 15 feet to the hole, 2 putted for a par.

This was last year, not last week, but I was fortunate enough to play the Robert Trent Jones course in Palmetto Dunes on Hilton Head Island on vacation last May. The course was way too much for me (as most are!), but with my last ball, the rest in the drink primarily, on the 18th hole I (finally) made great contact with my 8 iron from somwhere around 150 yards, laying it up to within 5 feet of the hole! My playing partner said it best, "well that's one that will keep you coming back to this infernal game!" He was right! I just wish I could have made the putt!

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

Par 3 6th, 175 yards.
I had a strong wind slightly into me but left as well. I took out a five iron (it's early in the season) and hit a draw against the wind. The ball landed about 10 feet short of the hole and ended up 3 feet over the hole. My first birdie of the season, followed up by a PW to 6 feet and another birdie.

I took my first professional lesson the yesterday. Went straight out to play 9 holes. On the 9th, it was a short Par 3 over water, teeed up with my 7 Iron and smacked it straight up and it came down with 10ft of the hole. First par ever!

First birdie of the year, short 275 yd Par 4. Used driver (why not I said) hit an decent drive to 240 with a small 5yd fade. Used like a half SW and landed past the flag ended up about 20 foot putt, lined her up and caught the left edge, keep them coming golf gods I want one a round!

In my 's bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5, Fujikara Red R Flex shaft, and Winn PCI grip
3w, 5w: HiBore XLS Fujikara Gold R Flexshaft, and Winn PCI grips
Irons: Viper HT heads, True Temper XL Lite shafts, and Winn PCI grips
Putter: XG #9 35"Ball: TP II

I was on the 5th hole, a Par 5(503 yards). Hit one of the best tee shots of my life it was about 260 yards right down the middle. Pulled out my three wood and hit what is probably the best shot of my life. I stuck it about 20 feet from the pin giving me my second career putt for eagle. Pushed the putt a hair to the right and tapped it in from my third career birdie.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Yesterday, I was stuck on the wrong side of a tree in some hard dirt about 10 yards off the green. I flipped my wedge over and took a go at it lefty, chipped it clean to about 10 feet and made the par putt. Man that one felt good!
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

Played 36 this weekend. Saturday was in 40mph wind and Sunday was in 15-25mph wind. Just crazy weather on Saturday and shot a 99 that should have been no more than 94...and quint and a triple on consecutive par 4s.

Sunday was a scramble tournament at Cowboys Golf Club in Grapevine. Had some shots I have already forgotten, but two stand out. Both were wedge shots.

The first was 70 yards up hill and over sand. The pitch mark was 4 feet short of the hole and the ball was 18 inches.

I did almost the same thing later in the day. About a 40 yard shot almost as far uphill but instead of carrying a bunker I had to go across the green. I pitched about 25 yards and the ball ran to inside a foot.

Both of these were to scramble par.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

yesterday, I was having a schizophrenic round that included a 3-putt from 4 feet...

Put a 5 iron to 4 feet for birdie on Par 3 13th, but my shot of the day/week was on 17, where I punched my hybrid from about 10 metres off the green, hook shape (lefty) along the ground, up onto the elevated green, just high enough to catch the right slope across to the flag that was in probably the hardest position on the green. Made the 4 footer for par, doubled the last and walked off shaking my head at how far apart my best and worse was yesterday.... but we all have those days.

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.