IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

16th hole Par 4. Hardest hole on the course. Hit a 3W to the middle of the fairway but my approach with a 4 iron (foot slipped and terrible contact, I would have probably flown the green by 10 meters if i hit it well) landed about 5 yards short of the pin into thick rough. The flag was on a 10 foot wide plateau which means that too long would have left me 20 feet uphill and short would have gone right back into the rough. Hit it perfectly, the ball landed softly and stopped 3 feet away (still a very good shot from there) giving me a hard downhill left to right putt. I made the putt for my second 4 in a row on the hole after I had two 8s in last weeks tournament.

On #3 at Hemlock Springs, a narrow and short Par 4. Hit 3-wood off the tee and was left with about 125 yards, pin in the center of the green. Hit PW to 2 1/2 feet, thought it was going in on the fly, but flew a little long and pretty much plugged on the soft ass green. One of two birdies on the round...unfortunately, I took a snowman on an easy par 5. Story of my life.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

almost aced a 178yrd par3...
forced carry over water... with water left of the green and behind the green... traps on the right... pin was on the middle tier... picked the ball clean off the tee with my 4h thinking i thinned the crap out of it... ball landed in the valley on the front left of the green and chased up missing the hole by a few inches... everyone was yelling... tap in birdie... almost bought drinks today... lol
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

last weekend, I was 250 out and with my brand new 3w i bought a week before, I put it on the green within 15'. that was one of my highights. also on the same round, i hit a flop shot over a trap and one hopped it in. I was just on i guess. still only shot an 81. oh well, maybe i just need chip it in all the time cause i cannot put for s***.

Gotta love the 3 wood! Played the worst round I've shot in about 5 years the other day but hit my 3 wood 225yds to 6ft from the pin. About the only good shot I hit that day.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I missed a 5ft birdie putt on an index 1 par 4 hole yesterday. But later I sunk a 10yd putt for par on another par 4 hole.

8i with a planned draw to about a foot and a half from 150 over water on a par three. Almost my first hole in one. I had to dig my phone out of my bag to take a pic. LOL

Oh......and yes, I did make the putt.

Par 3 playing 138 with a 20mph right to left gusty wind. Took PW up to the tee box then felt the wind come toward me. Switched for 9i and took aim 5 yards right of the pin (natural draw anyway) and hit it perfectly, pin high left of the hole. Had a 10 foot birdie putt which I promptly left 2 rolls short.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Two birdies today at Lanier...

2nd hole, par 3, 145 yards: played an easy 7-iron knockdown shot to six feet from a back-left pin.

16th hole, par 5, 520 yards: after laying up to 80 yards from a pin location on the front "tongue," I put a 3/4 gap wedge to within four feet.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

17th hole at Hiawatha golf course, Minneapolis, MN

Hooked my driver waaaaaay left, leaving myself about 200 yards into the green from the thick rough. Had to hit a 5-10 yard cut between two trees about 10 yards forward that were 2-3 yards apart, then up and over a grove of fir trees about 50 yards in front of there guarding a water hazard. Struck a PERFECT a 4 iron and carried it all the way to the green, the ball actually ended up about 10 yards OVER the green. One of my top 10 ten shots of all time! Also hit a great chip to tap in for par!
Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. ~John Updike

In my stand bag:
Driver: 983k 10.5*3 Wood: Sumo2 15*Irons: 690cb 2-PWWedges 54* and 58* oil can finishPutter: White hot mallet

I had a 35 yard chip in for birdie on friday

Taylormade r7 Limited Driver with a 10.5 degree loft.
3 wood-Maxfli with adilla shaft
Irons: taylormade HT stiff flex
Putter-Nike Ignite
Sand-ClevelandLob-Cleveland

I have some new clubs, my uncles Ping Zings 2. And finally i have learned how to use my Driver. So to be able to drive off the first, straight up the fairway, 230yds, Im very happy. :)

Blocked a 3W about 20 yards right of FW. Had 150 to green in heavy rough with tree trouble. I played a low punch 3i which ended up on the back right fringe. I couldn't have hit a better shot with a bucket of balls.

Nice drive on a par 5, easy iron distance, but rolled just off green, chipped on.....proceeded to 3 put.
Should've been a birdie if my chip wasn't a clunker.

I'm not used to being able to work the ball, but I've joined a Country Club recently that has heavily tree-lined fairways, so I'm getting more an more practice every week. Last week, I was playing a late round of 9 after work and, sure enough, hit my drive into the trees to the left about 140 yards from the green. There was a tree right in front of my sightline with a limb hanging about 10 feet up. I hooked a low punch shot with a 5 iron under the branch and onto the green. One of the best shots I've ever hit... unfortunately the sprinkler heads came on as soon as the ball hit the green.

I made a sizable putt today. I committed to my mental routine on almost every putt.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5