IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

• Administrator
3-wood from 253 that landed hole high in a bank just on the left edge of the green and stayed there. Chipped close and tapped in for a birdie.

Or the sand wedge from a 30 ° downhill lie that I put to four feet, following a big drive over the corner of a dogleg.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

cut the corner of a dogleg left par5 leaving me 190 to the green...
nutted my 3h just short of the green on the collar
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

hit my 3W from 2 yards to the right of Jack's famous 1 iron on the par 5 18th hole at Baltusrol to the front of the green. set me up for a short chip, 1-putt for a birdie :)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Guy I was playing was all over the place with his driver. One hole he was behind a apple tree, tried to muscle it through and put it 8 feet from the pin. I put my 2 shot about 6 from the hole but had a difficult down hill right to left putt. He made is birdie so I had to make mine to keep pace. Picked my line and committed to the putt. Good thing hit went in or it would have been about 20 feet past!! Whewww!!
The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

hit a driver 310 yards...couldn't break 300 for years

Driver: Ping G15 |9*| UST Mamiya Proforce AXIVCore Tour Red 69 stiff shaft
Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Diable Neutral |15*| stiff stock shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 3DX DC |19*, 23*| UST Proforce V2 stiff shaft
Irons: Adams Idea Pro Forged Stiff |5-PW| True Temper Black Gold stiff shaft
Wedges: Nike SV...

Recently I had two of the greatest putts of my life from basically the same position to the same hole location. I play a local 9 muni for practice and the first hole is a short par 4 with an elevated green. Two days in a row with the hole cut in the same location. My second shot hit the green and rolled to back of the green about 2' to the fringe leaving me with a 30' with left to right break.

The reason I mention the two shots the were a day apart and basically my second shot ended up within 5-6" of each other from totally different lies on the fairway. But the real kicker is back to back birdies around 30' only a day apart on the same hole with the same hole cut location. I just wish my playing partner on the first day was the same one on the second. My buddy on the second day asked me at the end of our round while I was still acting like a kid because of a birdie on the first hole.

When I told him it was a deja vu shot from the previous day he called BS... but nothing feels better than making an impossible shot 2 days in a row on the same hole.
ogio.gif  Grom Stand Bag: Stealth
ping.gif     G15  10 .5, G10 3W,  5W, S-57 3-W, Tour-W 50, 5 6, 60 : Redwood Anser Black Satin 34.5"
titleist.gif     Ball: ProV1

Managed to knock a green-side bunker shot to within 2 feet of the hole to save par (Pars a VERY welcome thing for me!). I struggle out of bunkers sometimes so the successful shots are huge confidence boosters.

Well it was my third shot on a long par5, I was 90 yards out and the pin was right behind a big bunker, the green was very narrow it was maybe 12ft from front to back. The bunker was so tall i could only see the top half of the pin. So i took out my wedge and hit it clean, the ball was looking good but i couldnt see where it landed. I walked up to the green and saw the ball was 3 inches from the cup.... birdie.

Irons X-22 Tour irons 3-PW
Driver Superfast TP
Fairway Wood Burner 3W
wedge 50 degree
wedge GS-15 56 DegreeWedge 62 degreePutter ZebraBall TP LDP Red B330 tour

From a bunker 40 yards away from the hole, I managed to put the ball within 2 feet of the hole. Putted it in easily for par.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I played a 9 hole course twice over the weekend. Par 3, 160 yards, 6 iron. Tee shot went into right greenside bunker. Left me with very little green to work with because pin was 3 paces off right edge. I hit a soft shot out to 3 feet and the putt for par. I came back to the hole a few hours later and played it again. Pulled my 6 iron from the bag and put the ball in the same trap, 2 feet from where my first tee shot landed earlier in the day. Took out my 56 again and hit a great sand shot again to 2 feet. Tap in for par. Those are my best shots of the week.

on a Par 3 130 yds from the Blue's on a Island Green slighty elevated Tee Box hit a 9i to within 10ft...pin high but still only managed a Par.....oh with 2 geese feeding on the fridge....

Hit the first eagle of my life yesterday, after many close attempts.

312 yard par 4 uphill. Put my drive 4" passed the cup for a tap in eagle.

Revolver Pro
FT-5 Tour 8.5°
Diablo 15° 3W
MP57 3i-PW (Project X 6.0)
52°, 56°, 60° Rossa Daytona

18th hole about 230 yds out, hit a 3W onto the green about 20 ft away. Probably the best 3W of my life. Coming a close second was a hero hook that I hit today. 140 out with tree limbs in front of me, aimed right, executed the shot, and ended up on the green!
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

Hit a tee shot about 2 feet away from a tree trunk, 150 yards away from the hole, in some rough. I then took a blind shot with a PW an landed it 6 feet from the hole.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Best, but most embarassing, shot of the week for me was a 15 degree wood from 240. Totally skulled it, but the fairway was hard enough it rolled through the bunker protecting the flag and settled 30 feet from the pin.
Solid three-putt par followed....DOH!

Titleist 983K 8.5* Prolite
Titleist 909D3 8.5* VooDoo
Titleist 909F3 13* Voodoo
Titleist 909F3 18* VooDoo
Titleist 980F 15* SpeederTitleist 962B S300Titleist 710MB Project X 6.0Vokey C-C 52*, 56*, 60*Odessey Putters

The 9th at my course is an uphill straightaway par 4, about 412 yards. Pushed my drive right into a ditch that runs up the right side of the fairway, which is basically hardened dirt. I had about 135 yards to go so I took a 9 iron and proceeded to hit a terrible skull shot that barely cleared the ditch, but rolled all the way onto the green about 7 feet away. Made the putt for birdie. My words? "I'll take it."

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...