IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Was playing in league last night - Par 4 with lateral hazard all the way down the left side of the hole. I yanked my tee shot left into hazard. Walk up, take my drop, so now I'm hitting 3. Hit a 9 iron with a slight draw that jusssst misses the green left (which happens to have a very steep bank) and bounces into the hazard yet again. So I walk up, take another drop. Then the best shot comes - hole out from about 30 yards to save bogey. Ended the round with a 39 :)

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Originally Posted by butt3r3dt0ast

Was playing in league last night - Par 4 with lateral hazard all the way down the left side of the hole. I yanked my tee shot left into hazard. Walk up, take my drop, so now I'm hitting 3. Hit a 9 iron with a slight draw that jusssst misses the green left (which happens to have a very steep bank) and bounces into the hazard yet again. So I walk up, take another drop. Then the best shot comes - hole out from about 30 yards to save bogey. Ended the round with a 39 :)

2 penalty strokes ending in a bogey,,,not a bad round lol.

I had a similar one recently:

Pulled hybrid tee shot OB. Hit 3 from the tee...mediocre. Push a 7 iron right of the green leaving a 20 yard chip. Chip it in for bogey.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

A 7-iron that was came off as I pictured it.

Best shot I've hit in the last four years or so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Absolutely destroyed my 115y pitching wedge. Hit it 115y to three feet for birdie. Had some great shots with the new driveway as well this week.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Was getting fitted for shafts at Golfsmith.  Was hitting a pretty consistent grouping of 160yd carry to 180yd total shots with about 15 yards of fade.  Grouping was nice and tight and I was feeling loose.

The next 6i came off the club face and felt like butter, feel like the face was delofted, ball rocketed to carry 189 and roll out to 200+.  Just stepped back like whoa.  High, long, and about 10 yrds of fade.  Fitting guy says that was the best one all day.  I said buddy that's the best one all year.  Don't remember which club head it was but I remember I had found a new shaft.

dogleg left #4 at flanders valley -  bended a pure 3h tee shot right around the corner - so much fun to work the ball (been working on this lately - finally able to more often than not execute it successfully - at least for tee shots)

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Just a nice 280 yard drive down a tight fairway and onto the fairway. When I put myself in a nice position off the box, good things follow. I hit my next shot on the green and easy 2 putted for the par. That drive felt really good.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

7 iron from about 165 out on a long par 4. Played a high cut that started 10 yards left of the pin and steadily rose in and cut ever so slightly before dropping on the dance floor like a lawn dart 4 feet past the hole and the ball checked I noticed my ball mark about 6 inches further away from the hole than my ball was. Its shots like that that keeps me coming back for more.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

Best shot of the day was my last. Attempted to carry the fairway bunkers on #10, it's a 255 carry. I made it over but landed short of the fairway and the ball hung up on the mound behind the traps. A bummer hanging lie that left me a 187 yd approach to an elevated green. Long story short I left it short and and left of the green short side with about 10' of green between the fringe and hole. I flopped a 60* to 4". No idea how it got there because I couldn't see it land but there it was. Saved par. Total of 5 up/down through 10 holes. I didn't putt it out, just walked off because the sun was going behind the mountains. I am a vanity capper.

Dave :-)

182 yard 5-iron that only went 181 yards, 33 inches.

Knew I should've hit the 4......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

140 yard par 3 over a bunker, with the pin way back, closer to 150.

Hit my 9 iron to this spot:

Sunk the easy birdie putt, and instead of a PBFU, on the next hole, my 170 yard 7 iron ended up here:

Missed that putt, but left myself about 3" for par.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I played 27 holes saturday and spent some time on the putting green between the first 18 and the last 9. I'm going to do that every time from on, because I putted the best I ever had.

Hit about a 17 foot putt for par on the first hole, but the best of the day was on a par 4 where my approach left me sitting on the fringe, uphill and about 13 feet from the hole. Hit it soft and to the right with my putter off the fringe, and it broke hard to the left and dropped in for my first par 4 birdie.

164 yard par three, over water and downhill, pin tight to the left side bunker. My opponent had the tee and he hit a solid shot that drew toward the hole against the wind and ended up about 12 feet to the right of the pin. My money shot is a high slight fade, so I aimed just inside the trap and hit it solid. Rode the wind to the right slightly, landed just right of the pin and spun a little right. He's yelling, "give me a read!" but my ball stopped about 6 inches inside his ball. He made a solid putt, but just a little to hard and it didn't take the break. I got a great read from his putt and made the birdie.

The funny thing was, he walked off the green after his putt to go get some water at the next tee. When I walked up to the tee, he was in the process of teeing his ball, and I said, "Get off my tee!" He hadn't watched my putt.

Bill M

Played 18 holes on Friday after work. #9/ Par 5, 479 yrds blind tee shot to fairway. Hit Driver off tee to leave 180, into wind, so i pulled 4i, nice smooth swing, thinking i just want to be on and putting for eagle. Put the 2nd shot 15 feet from hole on right side. Sunk it for Eagle! Later in the same round, #15/ Par 5, 528 yrds, hard dog leg right over water. Hit a high fade, landed middle of fairway with 210 left to hole, wind right to left. Pulled 4i, again, hit a full swing shot, faded left to right landed 20 feet left of pin. Told my playing partners that if I sink this putt I will walk off the course because I've never had 2 Eagles in 1 round. SUNK IT! Didn't walk off the course, finished with an 82. Days like that make me want to get right back out there and do it again..

I have been pulling a lot of shots this past few months, missing all the par 3's but I had slowed my swing way down this weekend.

Two birdies both had less then 10' putts, always nice to hit the dance floor.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Saturday, par 3 about 143 yards. Hit an easy pitching wedge to about 6 feet and dropped the putt for birdie. Was an easy hole, nothing to make it a great shot short of it being me that did it :-)

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Wasn't me, but a buddy I was playing with had an amazing shot on Saturday. He had a 20-30yd pitch shot that he drained in the cup. Nothing but net. Probably the coolest shot I have ever seen. The look on his face was priceless too. He couldn't believe what he just did.

7th hole par 3 189 yards, with a breeze moving left to right.

I line up a 4H just left of the hole, hit an excellent shot and watch the ball start out left of the hole. It lands a little left of the hole, but bounces to within one foot for an easy tap-in birdie.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º