IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Will have to look at my Game Golf round for specifics but made a fairwair bunker sandie from 80 yards or so up and down for birdie on a par 5. Picked it clean and rolled it right at the hole leaving makeable 8 foot uphill putt no break.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The best shot i hit so far this season was a few weeks ago. Was on a par 4 slight dog leg right OB going part of the way up on the right . 3 wood off the tee about 230-240 yard in the ruff on the left hand side. Got to the ball was down in the ruff uphill lie 2 trees one right one left with the left one guarding the green. Went to hit a draw throught the gap total mis hit low punch type draw only to find it at the back of the green about 15 foot and two putt for par was well happy

Today the 10th 376m. my 19deg hybrid from rough 160 out put it 15 feet behind the pin, made par which wasn't looking likely  till I hit best recovery in a long time.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Last night, par 5 #1 on Shawnee white course ... nice drive, then bombed the 2h, left me with an approach shot that seemed 30-40 yards closer than I've ever been before.    I must have somehow hit that 2h close to 230 yds with little rollout due to the wet fairways, medium trajectory, slight draw - it was ridiculous.   Took care of the easy approach & made the birdie putt.   The 5 keys must have been in alignment for a fleeting moment in time on that hybrid shot ...

• Upvote 1

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

My favorites are always approach shots for some reason:

par 5, 557 yards, wind is strong and quartering from behind and right (that drive just kept going and going), 2nd shot - about 250 yards, water all along the left.  pin in center of green with a real friendly setup - on the lower tier with the upper tier behind - so I have kind of a backstop to play with

Plan was an easy draw with a 5 wood (rented Coverts - I really like these woods and hybrids).  Try to land right edge of green and count on the roll assist from the backstop.

---Almost--- perfect.  Beautiful flight, drawing in with the wind assisting.  Just started it too far right less than 5 yards.  Not as much draw as I was trying to hit too - mostly wind assist.

ended up pin high, but off the right edge of the green.  Maybe 5 more feet to the left and I'd have gotten the roll, I think It would very well have been a tap in for eagle....as it was, up and down for birdie.

close enough for my meager skills - super happy just watching that ball flight....

the other two birdies maybe almost as good for me -

- Par 5, 474 yards, the 4i fade approach 2nd shot on the next par 5 (just short for an up and down) - I had thought it was a long Par 4 and was thrilled to save par.  Then I saw the scorecard and realized the listed par - thrilled even more so.

- Par 3, 131 yards, the 8i tee shot on par 3 that side - extra club and a half to a far pin placement into the wind for a 4 foot birdie putt

the front nine really stank (zero Fairways hit), but that back nine more than made up for it

Bill - 

134 yd Par 3, 3/4 wedge about 8' pin high. Greens sloping down huge so it was a delicate putt, barely any touch would make it run past the hole, sunk it for my birdie. Beauty!

• Upvote 1

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Actually, my shot of the week didn't even hit the green!  I was 178 out on a dog leg left.  There is a row or trees on the left of the fairway that comes out to the right to block out your shot into the green if your on the left side of the fairway.  I was far left off the fairway in light rough (still low cut)...

Club 18* hybrid - I played a low punch type shot and started it left of the green keeping the ball below the limb line on the trees and cut it away from my target on the left.  I aimed a particular tree (about 130 yards away) and started it left of that target trying to cut the ball back right before it got to the tree.  If done correctly it would get through a gap in the trees and stay below the tree line with a chance to run up on the green.  I couldn't fly it there because the green is guarded by bunkers.  Now, I wasn't scared of the bunkers but my main focus was getting it through my gap and then give myself a chance to get up and down for par....   I ended up just short of the green pulling the shot off as I had imagined and was able to get up and down to save par.  Thanks to my range finder I know I hit the shot about 165 yards with that 75% punch cut type swing...

I hadn't tried that abbreviated type swing with that club....  After the round I stopped at the range for a minute and hit about 10-15 shots with some golf balls to try the same swing.  I didn't get the quite the same movement but in theory it looks like I'll be able to dial that shot in and have in the bag.

Nice!  Shot of the week for me and it didn't even hit the green, but I learned a neat little shot to keep low with a cut that goes about 165 with a very repeatable swing...

PS,  I couldn't go over the trees and the smart play may have been to pitch right of the trees leaving about a 40-50 yard approach to get up and down for par -  Where's the fun in that? - more fun going through the trees!!!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I played poorly today, but holed-out twice from off the green.   That don't sukk!!   it never does!  LOL

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Best shot for me this week was on the 3 hole par 4 at my local. Elevated tee down in a tight dog leg left lots of trees running both side of the fairway up to a elevated green. Driver off the tee 240-250 yard but sliced into the trees on the right hand side. Manged to find my ball it was on dry mud on a down hill lie with a gap in the trees right at the pin. The branches from the trees where about 3-4 foot from the ground. Pulled out my DHY 21 degree took a good swing at it it came of the face like a bullet and ended up on the first cut around the green left hand side chip and putt for par. Couldnt have been more happy with the way it turned out. If only i kept that driver in the fairway could have been on for birdie chance

It's not a single shot, but after taking lessons all winter, Im starting to hit greens on approach shots. Still clunking intermittingly but hitting that green from 130 yards and in, is a great feeling

• Upvote 1

My second shot to the par 5 11th was hands down the best shot of the round yesterday. I had 225 to the pin after a perfect drive down the center of the fairway. It was my first shot into a green with my new Taylormade SLDR S hybrid and I don't think I will ever hit a better shot with it. Before the ball even landed I said to my dad I'm so happy I bought this. It landed 6 feet from the hole and I made the putt for eagle, which was only my 3rd ever. I have a new favorite club B-)

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

Two courses this weekend

1st - Left my approach shot to a 409 Par 4 pin high, but missed to the right in the tight trap.

On a very shallow bit of barely raked stuff over wet hard pack, gotta clear about a 4 foot front.  Difficult shot really as a result of the sand conditions.  Very short shot needed to a rather slopey green.  Shot is just on, and aim about 5 feet to the right to take the slope down.

Landed just on and watched the roll out to about 3 feet just above the hole.  It just rolled and rolled and rolled.

Dicey shot, great result.

yes, missed the putt, refused to take a lesson from watching the roll out and didn't read the break correctly.

2nd course - last hole, 175 from a clean lie in the wrong fairway ; )      6i right to the middle of the green with the slight draw I needed to stay safe from a big tree.  Been getting great contact with my new irons.  Just happy to get a simple GIR from that distance.  30 foot putt took two.  Glad to finish in regulation rather than having to get up and down like I've been forced to do lately.  Sometimes the simple things make the best shot of the round

Bill - 

I was putting on the 3rd hole par 4 389 yards at a new course in my area (first round of the year). I have a huge downhill putt, maybe 35 feet, to save par but I completely mis-read the slope and the ball ends up almost off the green, barely any closer to the hole. I line up again and sink the uphill putt for bogey.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Round was going south and I had been duck hooking driver for about 5 holes. On 15 (550 yard Par 5) I hit a laser 290 yarder to the right center of the fairway. 250 to the green with water on the left meant a layup (duck hooking, remember), so I hit a perfect 175 yard 6 iron, gap wedge to 12 feet, and lipped out the birdie. Even though it was only a par, hitting 3 pretty solid shots as my round was disintegrating was nice. Then I tripled 17 and quadrupled 18 :-O

Round was going south and I had been duck hooking driver for about 5 holes. On 15 (550 yard Par 5) I hit a laser 290 yarder to the right center of the fairway. 250 to the green with water on the left meant a layup (duck hooking, remember), so I hit a perfect 175 yard 6 iron, gap wedge to 12 feet, and lipped out the birdie. Even though it was only a par, hitting 3 pretty solid shots as my round was disintegrating was nice. Then I tripled 17 and quadrupled 18

Don't feel bad - same thing happened to me Saturday - it was going great and then the duck hook just showed up and wouldn't go away.  In my case I was lucky only 2 holes remained.

I'm heading to the range to figure it out now so i can correct it faster when it happens in 'real life'

Bill - 

Don't feel bad - same thing happened to me Saturday - it was going great and then the duck hook just showed up and wouldn't go away.  In my case I was lucky only 2 holes remained.

I'm heading to the range to figure it out now so i can correct it faster when it happens in 'real life'

Thanks. I think as I tire throughout the round, it's a struggle to turn my hips fully. When I don't, I overswing and close the club face big time. Your problem may be different.

I think on the last two to three holes due to fatigue I'll start teeing off with my 5 iron and play nothing but irons for the rest of the round. I lose my timing for my longer clubs. The shorter ones seem a bit more forgiving.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

#14 approach Glenwood ... 195 yds out - can't see green - terrain is elevated.     Striped it - totally blind approach - rolled up pin high.     total luck, but at least it was executed well.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"