IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Best shot of the week occurred for me in a scramble I played in Saturday.  Last week I had been practicing with my wedges to a pin that was 88 yards  away -- on the range.  I would hit 3 of 5 within a very close proximity to the hole.  So on Saturday we are 88 yards to the pin on the par 4 first hole.  I pull out the club and sure enough hit the shot to 3 feet!!   Just reminded me that "practice pays off!!"

Wonder what distances I should be practicing this week! I am thinking a 7 - iron bump and run from 30 yards!!  LOL!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My best shot of the week was this morning- I drove the green on a 296 yard par 4. 

My normal tee shot would be about 220-230.   This morning, we were playing from the forward tees, and on (I think) the 3rd or 4th hole, it was a 296 yard par 4, and I drove just to the very front of the green.   I had about a 15 footer for eagle, but I missed it and tapped in for birdie.  

For some reason, I hit some very long tee shots today.  I was using a Kirkland ball for the first time, but that probably didn't have anything to do with it. 

I appreciate y'all letting me brag about it.  For me, it was a hell of a shot. 

Edited by Marty2019

While golfing at Lake Jovita CC today, my playing partner birdied all four par 3's on the south course.
Fun to watch, fun to be golfing with him.
He made the putts from 18ft, 12ft, 10ft & 4ft.

I was able to top one of his birds. :-)

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• 4 weeks later...

5 Iron, 175 yards, 4th hole at Pine Dunes Golf Course. Played a 3/4 punch shot to try and run the ball up the firm fairway onto the green and it dropped for an eagle. 

Overall a frustrating day. Started out birdie, bogey, par, par, then downhill. Shot 91, but finished strong.  

18th hole: my tee shot lying 195yds out for my approach on a longer Par 4.  Pulled out my 5W (200-210 club) since the hole & green was on a steady uphill slope from the fairway. I've owned this club about 2wks and hit twice on the course. I needed to Par this hole to beat my buddy.  The ball was above my feet, so I choked down on the grip a little and flew it 185yd to the green, sticking and holding the GIR. Two putts later and I took home the trophy. One of my better shots in a long time. A good way to end a bad round.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• 3 weeks later...

Played Cimarron in Palm Springs last Monday.  On 15, I dribbled my drive just past the red tees and to the left - lost in the tall grass with the snakes.  Since there was no chance of finding it, I was forced to take a drop and a penalty where it crossed into the hazard.  I am now about 195 yds from the pin - hitting (my third shot) into the wind on a par 4.  Made perfect contact with my M2 3 wood on an uphill lie from the rough, and sent the ball sailing right at the flag.  My brother in law shouted "where the hell did that come from?! (because at this point I usually get too pissed to execute to decent follow up shot).  The ball hit the green and rolled to about 12 feet behind the flag.  Drained the putt to make par - and get the skin!

• Upvote 1

Best shot I had was during a solo practice round (isn't it always the way)...

-links style course par 5 -525yard(slight dogleg right)  ball landed 5 meters off the huge line of pine trees to green 230-240yards away ...3w drive off hard base missing overhang pine branch by inches ...tracked the line of pines to land just in front of hard slight uphill green to roll to within a few feet of hole ... http://www.cromwellgolf.co.nz/golf-course/hole15.html

love when the big distance shots come off ....

Edited by NZ Golfer

Go Foxy Go

• 4 weeks later...

We were playing a 2-man best ball yesterday.  It was quite a match with no team up by more than 1.  A couple holes halved with birdies.  The match was all square going into #18, a par 5 with a few hazards to negotiate.  My partner and one of the opponents hit their tee balls into lateral hazards while I and the other opponent put our shots into a fairway bunker.  There was a considerable lip to negotiate and then a cross water hazard so I hit out left to an area short of the hazard, leaving me around 140 yards.  My opponent in the bunker did the same.  The other two eventually played themselves out of the hole so it was just the two of us.

The wind was gusting to 30 mph (right to left and into us) and our angle to the green was not the best.  Water all along the left with the pin tucked back left.  My opponent hooked his ball into the hazard.  It was my turn.  I had to clear the cross hazard, avoid the water all the way to the hole on the left and a bunker in front.  I played to the right front edge of the green and the wind & slope took the ball to the back left of the green, 5 feet away.  Missed my birdie but we won the round (and milkshakes afterward!).

A lot of these stories end with me dumping my ball into a pond or bunker.  This time I performed well.  😉

Edited by bkuehn1952
add tag line
  • Like 2

Brian Kuehn

• 1 month later...

Friday I'm playing with a couple neighbors...

We get to a 340 yard Par 4. I push my drive right into the trees. Find my ball in the rough, and I have enough of an opening to hit a normal shot from 90 yards out. Grab my 56, but change my mind and go to the 52 instead. Hit a picture perfect shot that bounces once and lands in the cup for my first Eagle!

• Like 1
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• 4 weeks later...

Best shot of the week for me was after fluffing a drive only 150 yards on a par 5, I hit a 5 wood 280 yards to about 10 foot from the green leaving me an easy up and down for birdie👍

This past Saturday, on a short downhill par 3, I dropped the ball within 1 ft of the cup and it just stayed there.

Always remember, the same country that invented golf and called it a game, invented bag pipes and called it music.

• 1 month later...

203 yard par 3 from the tips, downhill and surrounded by bunkers. Hit a 3H with a nice draw to 5 foot. Missed the birdie putt but was happy with par nonetheless.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Approach shot on a long par 4 that I never get a GIR. 190, over water with a 3H to 20 feet. The greens were soft due to rain. The ball was just 2 feet from its pitchmark. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Saturday at a MidAm, 180 yards par 3. Strong rigth to left wind and a bit against. 5 iron, low ball fligth with draw. Landed 3 feet before the hole and roll 3 feet past the hole, it almost went in, I got really scared, the ace would cost me a LOT in drinks. I was happy with just a birdie.  

Coming up to a par 3 that usually plays 180 yards a tad uphill our tees were moved back to the tips. So the hole played 202 yards a bit uphill. So I said to myself just play it like a super short par 4. Took my 4 iron and slamed a fade on the green. 2 putted for par. 

• 3 months later...

Yesterday I shot my first eagle ever!! Par 4 stroke index 1... Just made my day!

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade RBZ TP  10.5*, 3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP 15*, Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 22*, Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5- 53*, Wedges: Cleveland RTX 56* & 60*, Putter: Odyssey Versa #7, Ball: Pearl Golf Pure Pro

Bags: Pearl Golf Liberty Stand Bag & Titleist StaDry Cartbag

It was a small miracle that I played this past weekend.  January is rarely a golf month here.

Saturday found me slogging around a local course.  It was so wet that every drive plugged or hopped back.  On the 4th hole, typically driver and short iron, I managed to find the green with my 3 hybrid, 20 feet or so from the hole.  I made a firm stroke on the very slow green (flag still in, of course).  Darned if it didn't go in for the first birdie of 2019.

Brian Kuehn