IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

• Administrator
Hit a drive on 18 345 yards or so. Left myself with about 40 to a pin on a 389-yard hole. Perfect little draw. Beautiful.

My driving has been so-so this week, so that shot wins out for me this week.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I pushed my tee shot right into tall heather. My opponent was in the fairway and I had a one shot lead. I had a decent lie and was able to get the club on the ball. I had 90 to the pin and stuck it to 5 feet. He came up short of the green and chipped 15 feet past. He missed his par put and barely made bogey. I, of course, lipped out my bird after putting lights out all week. I did roll in a 15 footer for bogey on number one to tie.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Best hole of the summer - number 4 (13) on the back nine at Fish Creek . It was playing about 565. Hit my drive down the middle 320, and then a 5-wood 245 to about 8 feet from the pin. Made the putt, against my expectation. It's my only natural eagle on a 500+ yard hole that I can remember. Totally screwed the next hole, but man, nothing could knock me off my cloud for the rest of the back. :)

Congrats on the Eagle kgk. I think my best shot this week would have to be on the 2nd hole from about 90 yards out. I hit a SW to about 10 feet. But the best part of the whole shot was that it had enough backspin that it spun back towards me, and on most of Alaskas crappy greens doing that is not common at all.

In the Bag:

Wilson Fat Boy Driver
Callaway Steelhead 3 & 5 Wood (Steel Shaft)
3 & 5-SW Callaway X-1452 degree WedgeAdams Golf 60 Degree WedgePing B60 PutterOther Optional Clubs:Callaway Steelhead 1 WoodCleveland 60 degree wedgeAdams Golf 56 Degree WedgesWilson Blackjack PutterBall: ...

This past weekend in our Interclub matches I had a few good moments. On #11, a flat 467 par 4, I killed my drive to 157, stiffed an 8-iron to 10 feet and rolled in the putt. I'm usually happy with par on that hole...birdie doesn't happen often.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator
I birdied the 7th at Lake View recently - the first time I've ever done so. The 7th was the last hole I'd never birdied, but I didn't hit any particularly super shots. Just a 3/4 hybrid to 20 feet and a putt that curled in the right side of the hole.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
I birdied the 7th at Lake View recently - the first time I've ever done so. The 7th was the last hole I'd never birdied, but I didn't hit any particularly super shots. Just a 3/4 hybrid to 20 feet and a putt that curled in the right side of the hole.

Oddly enough, I birdied #7 again today. When it rains, it pours, I suppose...

My best shot of the week was the drive I hit on the 18th tee yesterday. About 330 yards (18 is a tad downhill at my course) and to within about 20 yards of the front of the green. Perfect little draw just as I envisioned. Fairways weren't hard hard hard either. I missed the birdie putt from 10 feet (played a chip and run as the pin was all the way back instead of a pitch).

Had an awesome shot yesterday for me at least.

I was playing on Hank Haney's Mckinney course and we were behind a very slow couple. We sat on the tee box for about 15 minutes on a par 3 waiting for them to finish. They were the slowest couple I have ever had the misfortune of playing behind. After they finished I teed up and was thinking I was going to hit a crappy shot as I had lost my momentum. The hole is 200 yards with a huge bunker in front of the green. I hit a beautiful 4 iron that was heading right to the middle of the green when it came up 10 feet short and landed directly in the bunker. I couldn't go up and over the wall of sand to get on the green so I had to pitch out sideways. That left me about 20 yards from the pin but off the green. I chipped it in for par. It felt great.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

Played in our league end of the year tourney this past weekend. The conditions were hard, fast and windy. Felt like I was in the Open.

Anyway, we were playing a short dogleg par 5 and on my 2nd shot I had 150 yards into a peninsula green with water long, right and left. The wind was blowing dead into my face around 30 mph and the pin was tucked back left. I pulled a 5 iron, aimed at the right side of the green and took a 3/4 punch swing at it. Had a perfect ball flight into the wind with a slight draw. The wind pushed the ball left and landed about 20 feet from the pin. Missed the putt, but I was still pumped over the shot.

I pictured the shot in my head as I was going through my pre-shot routine and the actual one couldn't have looked more like it. Those are the shots that keep you coming back.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

My three wood was my friend off the deck yesterday. I hit an almost great drive on the 8th hole. The ball settled right next to and behind a tree. I used a three iron for a little chip onto the fairway and the smoked my three wood very close to the green from something like 220+ yards. Made par. That was fun.

The key was that I was swinging so easy, with a smooth transition from backswing to swing.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Played in an outing on Saturday - shotgun start. Second hole (for us) played at about 160 into a fairly stiff breeze with the pin back right.

Slightly elevated green protected by a bunker across the entire front with trees left and trees a little right. Hit a high cut with a 6-iron to about 10 feet. Doesn't sound that good but it held up against 119 other golfers.

Turned out it was good enough though I still don't believe it.

Rick

• Administrator

I put two wedges on the first two par 4s to less than three feet combined today. Back-to-back tap-in birdies to start your day rank right up there.

I may have to say that my 295-yard cut drive on the uphill 18th was the best, though. Only 10 yards of that was roll, and I shaped the shot just like I had pictured in my mind to fit the contours of the hole. I put the ball from 65 yards to ten feet but lipped out the putt.

Okay so last week I was playing this little rinkety dink par 68 course down the road from my house. The fairways are terrible and really hard packed red dirt in spots with sparse grass. But it's cheap and I am a student...anyhoo..I was about 105 yards away on a par 4 dogleg left. It was my second shot..took out my wedge ..I topped it... it went to the left hit this embankment kicked right...and I swear... rolled to the green and into the cup. The only witness was my dog (she gets to go with me...another reason why I go to this course).
A great moment indeed. I figured I deserved it because that course is so unfair anyway!
The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

There's a short par-5 at a course near home. 496 from the tips and I hit a drive 310+. I hit it further than I ever have from the white tees... I think using a ProV1 gave me an extra 20+ yards.

UPDATE: Right... I laid up with a seven iron (code for hit it thick) chipped on and two putted for par.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
There's a short par-5 at a course near home. 496 from the tips and I hit a drive 310+. I hit it further than I ever have from the white tees... I think using a ProV1 gave me an extra 20+ yards.

Just for completeness, what happened the rest of the way in from there?

Should you change that "just scream at impact" now?

I played yesterday and had a great day. I managed to get my first eagle ever.

It's was a par 5 about 527m(goes about 300m until it dog legs hard left). Pulled out my new Cleveland Launcher 460 and blasted it beautifully down until where it starts turning. Pulled out a 3iron(hybrid) and hit it sweetly and dropped it about 2m from the pin. For once my putter didnt let me down and i dropped it for 3.

HOLED A SHOT FROM 135 YARDS TODAY

Par 4, tee shot was short but in the fairway. Conditions were pretty dry so i was expecting some roll and i happened to be correct. Perfect trajectory, slightest draw, and bounce-bounce-roll into the cup. First eagle ever and first hole-out from off the green. I've gotten so close to chipping or pitching it in so many times and somehow i manage to hole it from 135 yards. Pretty amazing shot... too bad i couldnt complete my round =/ oh well. at least i know how it feels to hit a pro shot =P
Rich Lee's Artillery
---------------
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5° Aldila NV 65-S
3-Wood: Titleist 980F 15° TTDG S300
Hybrid: dunno yet...Irons: 3-PW+GW Titleist 704.CB TTDG R300Wedges: (subject to change)Putter: White Hot XG #11Ball: Titleist ProV1Handicap: 10and i2!ch = RICH

• Administrator
I had two today.

On the ninth at my home course, I hit a drive very solidly but it didn't draw, so I found myself under a large willow type tree. I had 119 to the pin and it was nestled right on the corner of two slopes (one big one sloping back to front, another left to right). The highest shot I could hit out was an 8I, I figured, and it hit two feet right of the pin and stopped four feet away. I buried the very tricky, fast putt for a birdie.

On the 16th, I was about 120 yards from the pin, which was in a tough-to-reach back-right location. I hit a skidder 9I, as I call them, that started center of the green and peeled off back right. It was uphill, so I can't tell what happened, but the ball mark was 10 feet short of the cup, so it probably took that one hop and then just died... two feet from the cup. Buried it for a birdie too.