IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

saevel25
Note: This thread is 2098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My department is seeing it Monday late afternoon at the Arclight.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

We are now seated.

Not even close to sold out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Birdie. I’ll sleep on it before awarding it an eagle.

The only thing I’ll say is that Chewbacca may or may not eat a Porg.

And the movie starts slow but picks up the entire time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Deleted because spoilers.

SPOILERS!!! :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

220m domestic BO weekend compared to TFA's 247 is pretty good, considering longer run time, negative word of mouth (high 50s RT user score), snowy weather out east.

3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

SPOILERS!!! :-P

Oy, thought this was a spoiler thread. :-\

It has its problems, but it was really friggin' good. Saw it twice and mulling it over all weekend.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Just now, nevets88 said:

220m domestic BO weekend compared to TFA's 247 is pretty good, considering longer run time, negative word of mouth (high 50s RT user score), snowy weather out east.

the Rotten Tomatoes score is strange. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/16/star-wars-the-last-jedi-cinemascore-revealed

Cinemascore is basically exit polling at the theatre at opening night. The Last Jedi got an A rating. 

I think there might be some seriously trolling going on at Rotten Tomatoes with those audience ratings. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/16/star-wars-the-last-jedi-cinemascore-revealed

Cinemascore is basically exit polling at the theatre at opening night. The Last Jedi got an A rating. 

I think there might be some seriously trolling going on at Rotten Tomatoes with those audience ratings. 

Yeah, have been taking RT numbers with a grain of salt for awhile now.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

The more I think about this movie, the more I really like it. I plan on seeing it again soon. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

43 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

A lot of Star Wars ultra fans apparently hate the movie, so I would guess it's a determined bunch of those that are tanking the RT rating.

I saw yesterday morning. I liked it, but my only complaint was that it was about 15-20 minutes too long. It could have used some tighter editing to pull it all together quicker, but it's a minor complaint. Looking forward to seeing it again (likely when it comes out on blue ray) to really solidify what happened and the arc of the movie. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Just now, DeadMan said:

A lot of Star Wars ultra fans apparently hate the movie, so I would guess it's a determined bunch of those that are tanking the RT rating.

I saw yesterday morning. I liked it, but my only complaint was that it was about 15-20 minutes too long. It could have used some tighter editing to pull it all together quicker, but it's a minor complaint. Looking forward to seeing it again (likely when it comes out on blue ray) to really solidify what happened and the arc of the movie. 

Tell that to my best friend who is a Star Wars fanatic. He's grew up watching those movies all the time, and read all the novels that came out. He hated the Force Awakens and really liked this movie. 

I wouldn't say that it is a generalization that people who are ultra Star Wars fans are going to hate it. I don't really pay attention to Rotten Tomatoes anyways. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

You have the song you love immediately and you listen to it over and over, but a couple of months later, it's still a "just" a great song, but it's not as good as the song which on initial listens is like what is this, then a little later, you totally get it and it's genius and months later it's still genius, not just great. TLJ is somewhere towards the latter song, but not quite there.

Steve

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Tell that to my best friend who is a Star Wars fanatic. He's grew up watching those movies all the time, and read all the novels that came out. He hated the Force Awakens and really liked this movie. 

I wouldn't say that it is a generalization that people who are ultra Star Wars fans are going to hate it. I don't really pay attention to Rotten Tomatoes anyways. 

You missed my point. There's a vocal portion of fans that hated this movie (check out reddit or twitter, this is some real vitriol out there). And I bet that portion is tanking the RT score.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

26 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

You missed my point. There's a vocal portion of fans that hated this movie (check out reddit or twitter, this is some real vitriol out there). And I bet that portion is tanking the RT score.

Yeah, some of it was tradtionalist, some misogynist. And Russian bots :-P

Steve

This movie definitely left me with a different feeling than any other Star Wars has.

Im no ultra fan but definitely a fan.  I think you have to see it and then react.

I don’t know if we are open to further discussion of detail or not.  I avoided everything related except one trailer before viewing so I had no idea what to expect.  It was stimulating for sure!

Note: This thread is 2098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!