IGNORED

FlightScope Mevo - Portable Launch Monitor for the Everyday Golfer

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

38 minutes ago, daryln said:

Not off to a good start with this thing.  Arrived yesterday.  Using Samsung S8, able to pair bluetooth but it loses connection when 3 feet away.

I had the same problem with my S8. I left the phone next to the Mevo and it was fine.

I didn't have app crashes, though. Just some issues with Bluetooth and not finding my Mevo, but once it stopped dropping connectivity I had no problems with it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the info.

Should have said I'm a long term lurker, new subscriber.  Love the site.  Got into golf last summer.  I was hoping to have the mevo mounted on a tripod to get decent video for a my swing thread.  With it closer to the ground, it stays connected.  There's a lot of activity on the samsung forums about bluetooth issues with the S8.  And I have one of the earlier ones as I got it when it first came out.

I played with the settings and looks like it's related to slo mo.  Crash happens on 2nd capture if slo mo is enabled with front or rear camera.  Once I disabled slo mo, I was able to capture multiple swings.  I'll submit a ticket.

1 hour ago, daryln said:

Thanks for the info.

Should have said I'm a long term lurker, new subscriber.  Love the site.  Got into golf last summer.  I was hoping to have the mevo mounted on a tripod to get decent video for a my swing thread.  With it closer to the ground, it stays connected.  There's a lot of activity on the samsung forums about bluetooth issues with the S8.  And I have one of the earlier ones as I got it when it first came out.

I played with the settings and looks like it's related to slo mo.  Crash happens on 2nd capture if slo mo is enabled with front or rear camera.  Once I disabled slo mo, I was able to capture multiple swings.  I'll submit a ticket.

I don't even bother with the video capture mode of the Mevo app, so I've never tried setting up my phone to record my swing while running Mevo. I set it to data only. It probably would drop the Bluetooth connection, too.

Welcome to TST, BTW. Glad you decided to join in the discussion.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
6 hours ago, daryln said:

I was hoping to have the mevo mounted on a tripod to get decent video for a my swing thread.

Well, you can just record video with your phone (I assume you meant that instead of the Mevo on the tripod). Just do it separately. I don't use the video mode of my Mevo very often at all.

There's a lot of activity on the samsung forums about bluetooth issues with the S8.  And I have one of the earlier ones as I got it when it first came out.

So it may be the phone and not the Mevo.

Good.

Also, there's this "Club" you may want to join:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Mevo used in Long Drive event

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 10.24.23 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Really excited about getting my mevo. Haven't bought myself anything since I bought my irons awhile ago.

So far I have not been techy about my golf game at all. I'm hoping to use it primarily to find my yardages, and discover if there are any bad gaps. Would also be really fun to see if I can try and hit certain yardages with my wedges so I can better develop my tweener shots.

My dad is also pretty excited about this. On that note I'm wondering if anyone knows if the mevo supports multiple profiles?

9 minutes ago, bm85 said:

Really excited about getting my mevo. Haven't bought myself anything since I bought my irons awhile ago.

So far I have not been techy about my golf game at all. I'm hoping to use it primarily to find my yardages, and discover if there are any bad gaps. Would also be really fun to see if I can try and hit certain yardages with my wedges so I can better develop my tweener shots.

My dad is also pretty excited about this. On that note I'm wondering if anyone knows if the mevo supports multiple profiles?

Haven’t tried it, but the software looks like it should.

I just name the sessions based upon the user. So far, I have 8 or 9 people who’ve tried it. All it does is mess up the average drive stat on the dashboard. It’s not like game golf or arccos.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

24 minutes ago, Lihu said:

All it does is mess up the average drive stat on the dashboard.

I don't get the point of that stat anyway.

Bill

My Swing Thread

6 hours ago, bm85 said:

Yes. Simply install the Mevo app on two different phones with different FlightScope usernames.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Administrator
6 hours ago, bm85 said:

Just use your phone for one, and use his phone for another. You can each have your own account.

Oops, yeah, like @xpavlic4 just said.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@iacas, @mvmac, would appreciate your takes on this:

I was just rewatching James Ridyard's short game secrets videos and his Approach Wedges section suggests a launch angle with wedges of 35* at maximum. My wedges are currently looking like this:

image.png

I seem to typically launch them much higher than he would recommend. Would this be something worth working on? GW = 51*, SW = 56*

Thanks!
Ben

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

What kind of balls were you hitting?

2 hours ago, iacas said:

What kind of balls were you hitting?

Srixon range balls - whatever their standard is. 

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

I'd really like to have one of those systems like that used at some of the golf stores (Pro Golf Discount, etc.) that not only provides flight data, but can also allow you to play a simulated round at courses around the world - like ones I'll never play.  I just completed a shop/RV garage at our place in Montana with plenty of room for a practice area.  Anyone have such a system?

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

11 minutes ago, b101 said:

Srixon range balls - whatever their standard is. 

Srixon makes a few types of range balls. They have 2 piece range balls as well. If it's the "Limited" flight one piece then you'll definitely lower your smash factor.

https://sites.google.com/site/paulleygolfsalesrep/srixon-range-balls

If it says "Premium", then you're lucky. :-)

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Srixon makes a few types of range balls. They have 2 piece range balls as well. If it's the "Limited" flight one piece then you'll definitely lower your smash factor.

The 2 piece ones, I think. Look like this:

CD6nkxsWgAA0Ae9.jpg

1 minute ago, b101 said:

The 2 piece ones, I think. Look like this:

CD6nkxsWgAA0Ae9.jpg

Doesn't say "Premium" on them, so I don't know.

A failsafe test is to get an ex-long drive competitor (or current one), watch him make phenomenal drives that he states he couldn't have hit any better and notice that the smash factor is never higher than 1.38. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

31 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Doesn't say "Premium" on them, so I don't know.

A failsafe test is to get an ex-long drive competitor (or current one), watch him make phenomenal drives that he states he couldn't have hit any better and notice that the smash factor is never higher than 1.38. :-D

Well, mine's normally pretty good and I can't get above 1.44. At my last fitting, I averaged 1.50.

Not sure whether this affects launch angle though? I also remember some early reviews saying that the Mevo over-stated launch though

Note: This thread is 1489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!