IGNORED

FlightScope Mevo - Portable Launch Monitor for the Everyday Golfer

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I'll be ordering several this Friday. If you'd like to get in on them, check out the topic in the Locker Room forum, or send me a PM for pricing.

Pricing will be a bit less than the retail price.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks good. I will send you a PM.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I definitely will be ordering one. Really looking forward to improving my distance wedge game, speed practice and using it for general equipment testing. Can't wait!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
15 hours ago, mvmac said:

I definitely will be ordering one. Really looking forward to improving my distance wedge game, speed practice and using it for general equipment testing. Can't wait!

Plus you'll get good yardages on your downhill range (the Mevo calculates to a level landing area).

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...

Charging mine. . .

Can't wait to use it on the range tomorrow.

My irons game really sucks, and I wonder how most people start using it for approaches? Are people looking at carry and direction only and trying to fine tune their swing to get the most consistent distances or trying to max out their distances in hopes that their distances will be consistent in that way?

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Will have to figure out how to record video and use Mevo at the same time, will probably bring iPad and iPhone.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Will have to figure out how to record video and use Mevo at the same time, will probably bring iPad and iPhone.

Use the Mevo to record the video. 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

Use the Mevo to record the video. 

OK. It does high frame rate?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

19 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

OK. It does high frame rate?

Yes, you can set it to slow motion.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

17 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Yes, you can set it to slow motion.

Thanks, I just downloaded the app and see the option. Gonna test it out tomorrow, hopefully can get it working somewhat properly. Might need to buy more of those metallic dots as the balls I'll be using are range balls. Will take a photo of the range balls as they already have markings for a simulator there, but thinking those markings might be different than the dot required by Mevo. There is a TV in the stalls, I hope there's no interference.

It's heavy, got some stuff packed in there. 

Steve

It's supposed to completely shut down after a minute, but the blue LEDs keep blinking after I shut down the application and eject it from the task list, they go on for more than a few minutes and just keep blinking. Is this normal? I feel like this is just draining the battery when I just want it to turn off.

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Lihu said:

It's supposed to completely shut down after a minute, but the blue LEDs keep blinking after I shut down the application and eject it from the task list, they go on for more than a few minutes and just keep blinking. Is this normal? I feel like this is just draining the battery when I just want it to turn off.

It turns itself off, yes, after a minute or so.

The battery lasts four hours. Turning off after a minute is not reducing your battery life much.

Do the videos get recorded to the camera roll so you can export, upload to YT, etc...?

Steve

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Do the videos get recorded to the camera roll so you can export, upload to YT, etc...?

Yes.

Not with the data overlaid, though.

• Informative 1

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Thanks, I just downloaded the app and see the option. Gonna test it out tomorrow, hopefully can get it working somewhat properly. Might need to buy more of those metallic dots as the balls I'll be using are range balls. Will take a photo of the range balls as they already have markings for a simulator there, but thinking those markings might be different than the dot required by Mevo. There is a TV in the stalls, I hope there's no interference.

It's heavy, got some stuff packed in there. 

Unless you are indoors, you don't need the dots. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 hours ago, iacas said:

It turns itself off, yes, after a minute or so.

The battery lasts four hours. Turning off after a minute is not reducing your battery life much.

That's what I was expecting, but I think my attempts to turn it off put it in some weird ping mode for Bluetooth. I finally connected again the it shot down afte a minute.

I was all set to take a ton of data taking my time setting it up,  carefully measuring distances and leveling it.

Got one shot that I uploaded with my LW. Still figuring out how to share the screens.

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

@DeadMan did you sort out your net issues?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!