mvmac

FlightScope Mevo - Portable Launch Monitor for the Everyday Golfer

295 posts / 48797 viewsLast Reply

I discovered something interesting by accident the other day. I accidently let my app set to GW when I was hitting drivers, and got some, um, interesting results:

Mevo GW.png

Then I switched it to driver and got this:

Mevo Driver.png

I was using it primarily to check my launch angle with my driver to make sure I am still hitting up on it. But those initial numbers were really strange, until I figured out that I had it set up incorrectly. I threw a few dots on balls with the GW to see if it got the spin rate to be more accurate. I didn't see much of a difference. Bottom line, it looks like the spin numbers are, at least in part, based on assumptions.

For what it's worth, I was hitting at a driving range outdoors.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Because of the sampling rate, I can see how giving the data a range of values might make sense. I think the Mevo also looks within a certain "window" for other bits of data, too. That's why @saevel25 doesn't always register shots on the SkyTrak, too. It too is looking within a "window" for certain conditions.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Because of the sampling rate, I can see how giving the data a range of values might make sense. I think the Mevo also looks within a certain "window" for other bits of data, too. That's why @saevel25 doesn't always register shots on the SkyTrak, too. It too is looking within a "window" for certain conditions.

Yeah, that was my thought, too, when I figured out what was going on. I was sharing just to share. I've been pretty good about having the right club selected in the Mevo app, given that I just figured this out now.

This might be something I need to purchase.  I have been kicking the idea back and forth, but I think its time to just do it.  This will make windy days at the range up here in North Dakota much more worthwhile since I can get a "true" distance from the Mevo, even if the shot is into the wind.  I'm really surprised at how accurate the reviews are saying this little guy is for how cheap it is.  

I just started using my Mevo and wondered if the myFlighscope upgrade (i.e. Bronze) will give me additional functionality related to Statistics? Currently myFlighscope Statistics is empty even though I have lots of Mevo data under my myFlightscope account (in the Data section).

18 hours ago, arneme said:

I just started using my Mevo and wondered if the myFlighscope upgrade (i.e. Bronze) will give me additional functionality related to Statistics? Currently myFlighscope Statistics is empty even though I have lots of Mevo data under my myFlightscope account (in the Data section).

It looks like you should get access to the statistics with simply a free account. I would contact support to see if there is a problem with your account.

My friend just brought me my Mevo from Japan, they imported it from US so the price was like 900 usd but heck I just want to have a new toy.

Test it a little bit today but the conditions were not perfect. I were hitting range balls on mats and hitting it from the 2nd floor down. And I’m not so sure placing the Mevo on the back of the mat was enough for 4 feet. Will set it up more carefully next time.

Quick thoughts.

Connection was good, no complain here.

Irons were good too I think, my 7i went from 146 yards to 160 yards depending on how Well I hit it. 

The driver was much more inconsistent. My best drive was 101 mph head speed, 2842 rpm, smash factor 1.39 only carry 220 yards? I thought it should be at least 230,235 yards?

Will try it more carefully next time.

6 hours ago, Binh Nguyen said:

The driver was much more inconsistent. My best drive was 101 mph head speed, 2842 rpm, smash factor 1.39 only carry 220 yards? I thought it should be at least 230,235 yards?

Nope:

image.png