IGNORED

2017 Dubai Desert Classic

65ross
Note: This thread is 2625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

38 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

We were watching part of it last night and my wife says (about Tiger) "he looks old". To which I replied, "he is our age, sweetheart".

My wife and I were having lunch and there was flat screen close to us showing Tiger being interviewed. She looked at him and said he did not look well. That he looked tired. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Patch said:

My wife and I were having lunch and there was flat screen close to us showing Tiger being interviewed. She looked at him and said he did not look well. That he looked tired. 

Well, in all fairness, he did swing the club an awful lot of times! ;-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

His ball striking was really no worse than other players. What was glaringly obvious was his inability to putt. Back issues, real or perceived, do no affect the ability to make a three foot putt.

I wonder if golf channel is getting ideas from this forum...

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/woods-battling-back-pain-dubai/

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
1 hour ago, chspeed said:

I'm hoping he's OK, but would still be on the WD side of the bet.

I said I'd take that bet. What's the wager? $20?

25 minutes ago, Ping said:

His ball striking was really no worse than other players. What was glaringly obvious was his inability to putt. Back issues, real or perceived, do no affect the ability to make a three foot putt.

No, I think it was worse.

And putting with lower back pain issues is actually one of the things that, oddly hurt worst. Bend over and stay that way for awhile and even a healthy lower back will start to feel it. This limits how much he can practice his putting.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

49 minutes ago, Ping said:

Back issues 100% affect putting. I have lightning bolt pain down my left leg when I stay bent over for too long; it makes it very difficult to practice putting, and should it flare up on the course, it's nigh-impossible to focus on anything else. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I said I'd take that bet. What's the wager? $20?

You got it. $20 he doesn't finish R2.

ps: this isn't some FBI entrapment for online sports gambling is it? ;)

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Just now, chspeed said:

You got it. $20 he doesn't finish R2.

$20, but what you said originally. You don't get to change the terms later on.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

$20, but what you said originally. You don't get to change the terms later on.

Later on would be after the bet! What you're worried he'll quit on 15?

• Administrator
Just now, chspeed said:

Later on would be after the bet! What you're worried he'll quit on 15?

Not really. But you said "I bet" and then laid out the terms: WD by the middle of round two.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, chspeed said:

Ha ha! Ok, I was hedging a bit. :-D

Finishing R2 is where I'd put money. You in?

I'd win, but no… I'm not in on the principle of the thing. I don't bet against people who change their bets.

You said you'd bet he WDs by the middle of round two, I called your bet, you replied to someone else and said that you would still be on "the WD side of the bet," I again replied to say I'd take that bet, and now you're changing things.

I'm sure someone else will take your bet about the full round. I'm out on principle.

Only way I'm back in is if it's my $20 PayPal to you versus your 1-year Supporter membership.

Really? Wow, you're taking this WAY too seriously. Trust me (even though you obviously don't), I wasn't trying to welsh you out if $20. And lecturing me (or anyone else who's listening) on ethics for a silly bet is, frankly, silly.

Forget the bet. Im happy to support sandtrap and will donate the $20 because I think it's a great resource.

Oh, and tiger won't finish :beer:

• Upvote 3

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, chspeed said:

Really? Wow, you're taking this WAY too seriously. Trust me (even though you obviously don't), I wasn't trying to welsh you out if $20. And lecturing me (or anyone else who's listening) on ethics for a silly bet is, frankly, silly.

Nah, I'm not. :-)

I also don't really care about $20, especially since I'd have won it. I was going to tell you to buy a box of Snells for yourself when I won.

I was having (and poking) a bit of fun in asking you to honor your original bet/statement, while simultaneously pointing out that even you don't believe your original statement. Clearly the "fun" didn't come through. You weren't lectured, though, so really chilllll, maaaaaaannnnn. It was a brief (and from my end fun or at the worst slightly teasing) back-and-forth. I'm sorry on my end that it didn't come through that way.

1 hour ago, jbishop15 said:

Back issues 100% affect putting. I have lightning bolt pain down my left leg when I stay bent over for too long; it makes it very difficult to practice putting, and should it flare up on the course, it's nigh-impossible to focus on anything else. 

Yes, you are correct...I should have worded my post differently. Back issues will/can affect all aspects of the game. I have been plagued with back issues over the years.

My point is that the announcers zeroed in on "new equipment", "jetlag" and "stepping gingerly" (alluding to his back) when trying to identify a reason for Tiger's poor play.

The fact is that he couldn't make a putt...

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Nah, I'm not. :-)

I also don't really care about $20, especially since I'd have won it. I was going to tell you to buy a box of Snells for yourself when I won.

I was having (and poking) a bit of fun in asking you to honor your original bet/statement, while simultaneously pointing out that even you don't believe your original statement. Clearly the "fun" didn't come through. You weren't lectured, though, so really chilllll, maaaaaaannnnn. It was a brief (and from my end fun or at the worst slightly teasing) back-and-forth. I'm sorry on my end that it didn't come through that way.

Totally cool, and I felt the exact same way - we were just horsing around. Sorry, I misread the post - humor and teasing doesn't always come through in text.

Anyway, all good! We can keep teasing each other after the WD :-P

And I reiterate - sandtrap is awesome. Thanks @iacas for all your work on it.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Ping said:

The fact is that he couldn't make a putt...

To get back to the original post, his ballstriking was quite costly too. It wasn't just his putting that had him shooting 77.

Just now, chspeed said:

Totally cool, and I felt the exact same way - we were just horsing around. Sorry, I misread the post - humor and teasing doesn't always come through in text.

Anyway, all good! We can keep teasing each other after the WD :-P

And I reiterate - sandtrap is awesome. Thanks @iacas for all your work on it.

Okay, glad we could clear it up. If we were talking real money, I might have been more serious. Real money is more than a car payment.

I read on GC this morning that Tiger missed his private flight to Dubai (I thought he had his own plane??) and had to fly commercial. Probably couldn't have helped his back stiffness.

Hindsight is 20-20 I know but flying halfway across the globe on a back to back week and two weeks into a comeback doesn't seem like the smartest thing for the body.

Note: This thread is 2625 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!