Jump to content
patbrost

Any WI Golfers on Here

47 posts / 21255 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

On 2/3/2017 at 2:18 PM, patbrost said:

Looking for NW WI golfers?  

I have not played that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2017 at 2:18 PM, patbrost said:

Looking for NW WI golfers?  

I have not played that one

1 minute ago, Maddmaxx63 said:

Well you should try it in the spring 

thanks I will put that on my list of courses to play. I used to play golf every summer with a cancer card that gave discounts on 30 wisconsin courses and we would travel all over wisconsin. It was really fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maddmaxx63 said:

Well you should try it in the spring 

I will put it on my list

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually there are several great courses in a small area here. Turtle back up in rice lake is nice and voyager village country club  near spooner is very nice. And I’m sure there are other recommendations others will make. A person can hit a few in a weekend and not venture more than 20+ miles from there hotel 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play weekends just in the border from the Twin Cities all over around highway 94 north and south an hour each way LOTS of great courses, I can provide a list.  and even farther up north like Spooner and Turtleback as someone mentioned.  Siren National is a real gem.  Cumberland and Turtleback are nice.  Not impressed with Spooner.  I plan to drive a lot more and find more new courses to play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, Maddmaxx63 said:

Actually there are several great courses in a small area here. Turtle back up in rice lake is nice and voyager village country club  near spooner is very nice. And I’m sure there are other recommendations others will make. A person can hit a few in a weekend and not venture more than 20+ miles from there hotel 

 

there are indeed great courses in Wisconsin and if you have noticed we are getting more pro tournaments here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, patbrost said:

1. Troy Burne

2. Turtleback

3. New Richmond

I find Troy overrated.  New Richmond is a nice traditional type course.

Here's a list from another thread - it's a little out dated, I could add more - sorry some of these spill over into MN

Top Level Courses:

  • Troy Burne (played it, very nice)
  • StoneRidge (haven't played it, heard it's also top)
  • White Eagle (my favorite)
  • St Croix National (my other favorite - difficult, lots of different challenges, elevation changes)

very nice courses:

  • Siren National
  • Cumberland
  • Turtleback
  • Logger's Trail
  • Prestwick
  • Eagle Valley
  • River Falls
  • Clifton Highlands
  • New Richmond
  • Bristol Ridge
  • River Oaks
  • Oak Marsh
  • Mississippi Highlands

Playable Averageish or easy or simply just a goat/dog track but fun and cheap

  • Pheasant Hills
  • Badlands
  • Amery
  • Clifton Hollow
  • Spring Valley
  • Kilkarney
  • Hammond Town course (9 hole, but good for a quick few)
  • St Croix nat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

I find Troy overrated.  New Richmond is a nice traditional type course.

Here's a list from another thread - it's a little out dated, I could add more - sorry some of these spill over into MN

Top Level Courses:

  • Troy Burne (played it, very nice)
  • StoneRidge (haven't played it, heard it's also top)
  • White Eagle (my favorite)
  • St Croix National (my other favorite - difficult, lots of different challenges, elevation changes)

very nice courses:

  • Siren National
  • Cumberland
  • Turtleback
  • Logger's Trail
  • Prestwick
  • Eagle Valley
  • River Falls
  • Clifton Highlands
  • New Richmond
  • Bristol Ridge
  • River Oaks
  • Oak Marsh
  • Mississippi Highlands

Playable Averageish or easy or simply just a goat/dog track but fun and cheap

  • Pheasant Hills
  • Badlands
  • Amery
  • Clifton Hollow
  • Spring Valley
  • Kilkarney
  • Hammond Town course (9 hole, but good for a quick few)
  • St Croix nat

thanks I have played some of them

thanks I have played some of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should have a golf weekend to get over to Wisconsin some time, but there's enough good courses near me that I haven't been to that I probably should knock those out first...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, amished said:

I should have a golf weekend to get over to Wisconsin some time, but there's enough good courses near me that I haven't been to that I probably should knock those out first...

yes, you usually do not have to travel far to find good courses

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm within an hour of two courses that bounce on and off Golf Digest's top 100 public courses in the nation, have only played one of them (this year) and look to play the other probably next year.  Also playing three of the top 100 by taking a four hour golf weekend trip with a couple of buddies this weekend (Wilderness at Fortune Bay tomorrow!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I read that Kettle Hills in Richfield is opening this weekend, I think it was the 9-hole and half of their valley course for the second nine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be awhile for me as well. I’m dealing with a sore left rotator cuff issue in my left shoulder area. Blame it on pull starting a snow blower that refused to start. 

 

I had my swing trainer whip ball device out in the back yard and I had to let go with my left hand just past the bottom of the swing. Probably going to scare some people on the driving range if I have to do this while hitting a ball.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...