Sign in to follow this  
jacobo

Waterproof Shoes

Note: This thread is 1394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 posts / 1540 viewsLast Reply

2 hours ago, jacobo said:

Does anyone have some recommendations on some water proof golf shoes? I'm looking to spend under 125 but will go up to 150 if it's worth it. Thanks in advance!

I own two pairs of Ashworth Kingston shoes.  Waterproof, with replaceable spikes, relatively light weight for this type of shoe, and very comfortable, at least for my foot.  Unfortunately, they're doscontinued, but you can find them through resellers like 

https://www.tgw.com/ashworth-golf-shoes

and others, for significantly reduced prices.

thumb.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I own two pairs of Ashworth Kingston shoes.  Waterproof, with replaceable spikes, relatively light weight for this type of shoe, and very comfortable, at least for my foot.  Unfortunately, they're doscontinued, but you can find them through resellers like 

https://www.tgw.com/ashworth-golf-shoes

and others, for significantly reduced prices.

thumb.jpg

Thank you very much! I'll look into those

8 minutes ago, jacobo said:

Does anyone have some recommendations on some water proof golf shoes? I'm looking to spend under 125 but will go up to 150 if it's worth it. Thanks in advance!

I always look for a good warranty.  I tend to purchase FootJoy and will only look at models with a 2 year waterproof warranty.  From prior experience, FootJoy is very good about honoring warranty claims for water leakage.  Of course, the fact that I have had to turn in leaking shoes may be taken as a knock on FootJoy.  I walk, however, a lot, 100+ rounds a year.  So my FootJoys get a workout in all kinds of nasty weather.

3 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I always look for a good warranty.  I tend to purchase FootJoy and will only look at models with a 2 year waterproof warranty.  From prior experience, FootJoy is very good about honoring warranty claims for water leakage.  Of course, the fact that I have had to turn in leaking shoes may be taken as a knock on FootJoy.  I walk, however, a lot, 100+ rounds a year.  So my FootJoys get a workout in all kinds of nasty weather.

I'd also recommend Footjoy, I've owned a few pairs of DryJoys over the years, and never had any of them leak, even well after the warranty period.  Unfortunately, the price for those shoes is pretty steep.  The Ashworth shoes are also guaranteed waterproof for two years, but if Ashworth is getting out of the shoe market, I don't know how well they'll respond to claims against the warranty.

My vote is for the Contour model of FootJoy. I have been buying the various iterations for about 15 years and not one has been leaking, yet I walk a lot (2/3 to 3/4 of my 100+ rounds per year), in all kinds of weather. Replace the spikes when they wear out and get a few years worth more out of them. I have never paid more than $100 for a pair, usually around $70 to $90 depending on sales, etc...

59 minutes ago, David in FL said:

FootJoy.  If there're any better, I haven't found them yet...

Couldn't have said it any better! I have NEVER had a pair of FootJoys leak. Bought a pair of Contours in late 2015 at an end of season "stock liquidation" sale for about 60 bucks! Hard to beat.

@jacobo I've owned several pairs of leather, waterproof shoes, by several different brands (Nike, FJ, Adidas, Callaway).  There are a lot of options, I always just go with the leather shoe that fits the best at the time.  Currently, the Nike Lunar Control fit me the best, and that's what I've gone with the last few years.  The FJ FreeStyle was a very close 2nd this time around though.

Hopefully the hyperflex model you picked up work out to be the right shoe.

7 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

Anyone remember these from when they were kids ? I wonder how they would work over some light weight golf shoes. I'm serious.

812WqWp6VoL._UX395_.jpg

I remember seeing these with golf spikes attached, from way back in the day.  

16 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I remember seeing these with golf spikes attached, from way back in the day.  

That I don't remember. These were thing floppy things that went over any shoe but made them pretty much totally waterproof. Also cheap. 

I have a fancy pair of leather golf shoes that are supposed to be waterproof. The galoshes might be a good backup. 

The only place I'd really need this much waterproofing is an annual  March event in Portland OR. But then again, the conditions are so generally miserable there I've started opting out.

Look at FJ Dryjoy Tours on sale.  You can generally find them somewhere on sale.  I just hit a couple of online golf sites and found them for $99 (plus shipping).  They are 2 year waterproof.  I have Dryjoy shoes that are 6 years old and still wear them and they keep my feet dry.  Granted, I have numerous pairs of Dryjoy shoes and do not wear the same pair every time I play.  But, they are great waterproof shoes.  

Amazon has Adidas Tour 360 Boost, FootJoy Hyperflex and DNA all for around $100 depending on color and size. I would rank them in that order, although if you wanted to switch the DNA and Hyperflex based on ease to keep clean, that'd be fair.

They're a little hard to find now, but the TW '13 golf shoes kept water from getting inside than any golf shoe I've ever owned. Even to this day. They can probably be had in the $75 range these days. 

tw13.jpg

Edited by Groucho Valentine

Note: This thread is 1394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!