IGNORED

Goals for 2008

FIJIGolf23
Note: This thread is 5651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost Ball's goals are to shade about 4 strokes off the game in 2008

FIJIGolf23 chuckles every time he sees Lost Ball post due to 3rd person referencing.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I've been stuck in a rut at 13.3-13.6 index for going on 5 years now. My goal is simple... bring it down!!

In order for me to do this I have to take practicing more seriously. I'm on the right path now, as I just took a lesson to work out bad habits with my swing. I will also have to play more than 1-2 times per month. This will not be a problem since I am motivated to get better - and nothing beats being on the course.

Last, I want to win some of my club tournaments! I've only taken 1 in my five years of being with the club. That is unacceplable for me.

It's going to be a good year, I can feel it!!

Driver: 454 Comp 10.5* Stiff
3-Wood: Warbird Strong 3 Stiff
Irons: I10, 3-PW, white dot, stiff
Wedges: Tour-W 54/14 and 60/10
Putter: Anser 2Ball: Pro-V1

I only have two goals this year. 1. To drop at least one stroke off my handicap. 2. Every time I hit a poor shot, to stop take a deep breath and focus on making the best decison and response I can on the next shot.

I noticed last year when playing captain I often really grinded on my next shot after a poor shot, with good success. Maybe because I hate letting down a partner.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

my main goals are:
hit more fairways per round
hit more greens per round
lower my putting stat
increase driver distance

like everyone else i also want to shoot lower scores.

In my Ogio bag I have:
Ball: Prov1 or Prov1x One Platinum
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54 58
Irons: 690CB 2-PW
Putter: Newport 1.5Woods: R7 (15deg) launcher comp (19deg)Driver: R7 SuperquadShoes: Sp8 TW Tour"Out here on tour its not how you mark your golf ball, its how you mark your...

I was watching TGC or as it was today "The Infomercial Channel" and they had on the Practice Like A Pro video series. I respect Bob Rotella a lot and think he would only put his name on something that was quality. Has anybody had any experience with this system? I'm sure the drills are not revolutionary, but I would have an easier time getting to the course an extra 20 minutes early if I had a locical plan to follow.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Continue rounds quantity (and quality) from 2007
  • Qualify for State Pub Links

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

Work hard on the short game, get a few lessons and things should fall in to place.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

My goal is to get noticed this summer. Last year was my first year playing competitive golf and I never had a solid finish in a tournament. THis year, my game is much sharper and I believe I should be able to find my way into the top 10 of any tournament I play in. I also would like to make a couple of outstanding finishes in order to get noticed by colleges.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

My goals for 2008 is:

1. Eagle.
2. Singel hcp.
3.Improve putting, less then 30 putts pr. round
4. Play on at least 10 different courses.
5. More GIR
6. At least 9 pars pr.round.

Laws of golf :
LAW 3: Brand new golf balls are water-magnetic. Though this cannot be proven in the lab, it is a known fact that the more expensive the golf ball, the greater its attraction to water.

LAW 8: Topping a 3-iron is the most painful torture known to man.
In my stand bag:Driver: HiBore...

Great topic.

Goal setting is a good idea because if you aim for nothing, you will hit it every time.

Since I just picked up golf again after 6 years of not playing, here are my goals:

1. Determine my average distances for all clubs.

2. Establish a handicap so I know where I stand.

3. Track statistics for every round, (fairways hit, GIR, putts, etc.)

4. Finish the year with a lower handicap than I started with.

my goals for this year:

1. Practice more, on the range and on 100 yards in.

2. Get consistant with my swing. My short game is usually pretty steady, but I can go through some serious funks with my swing.

If I can pull thes two off then I should be able to work on number 3:

Drop Handicap by 6 strokes - (be at a 13 )

Onward and downward!

Classic 290 10.5 Miyazaki C. Kua 43 R

AMP 15 Aldila RIP F

Baffler Rail H 17 & 22 Fujikura Motore S

S2 Forged 5-GW Nippon NS Pro 900xh R

SM 54 & 58 Vokey Nippon 105T W

Studio Style Newport 1.5

My goals:

1- Get my handicap down to a 5.0. I started playing again last spring after a 4 year layoff. Went from a 12 to a 9.5 by the end of the year. Hoping another jump is in the cards this year.

2- Improve driving accuracy. Length is not a problem, but accuracy is. OBs and just all around bad drives kill my score. NoVa has a lot of tree lined courses that emphasize accuracy over length.

3- Get 3 putts dow to 1 per round. Probably average between 2 and 3 now.

4- Improve my attitude. Don't let one bad hole get in my head and stay there for several more holes, where it can affect my play.

5- Play better in tournaments. My scores are generally better in casual rounds vs. tourney rounds.

in 2008 it will be my 41st year of playing, and it would be great to get my first hole in one.
winning a major jackpot in vegas after the hole in one would complete my day!!!!

getting real for a second, i just want to continue to have fun, and if time allows, try to work on my chipping around the greens from 40 yards and in.
if i wasn't a great putter, than my handicap would be 5 shots higher. so>>>> hit more greens, and the handicap will take care of itself. i bought a 73 degree soft feel wedge over this winter, and maybe it will work, or end up in my garage. who knows??? happy new year everyone!!

My goal is to break 75. Got to 76 three times last summer, and felt it could have been lower. A handicap around 5 would be a definate goal also.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

One of my 2008 goals is to eliminate the push (thus my username). I must learn to release the club every time...even the putter. More fairways hit and more GIR would lesson the pressure of all those long par putts, too.

1-Bring handicap down to 6. (I was able to shave off 3 last year so I figure that I should raise the bar a little)

2-Improve on putting.

3-Get my lower body involved in my swing more. I hope to achieve this by focusing on starting my through swing with my hip turn as opposed to using all arms in my through swing. I also hope that my ball striking is improved with this focus.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Note: This thread is 5651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!