IGNORED

2017 Newport Cup Applications Accepted Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 2460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

I believe at least from the east coast side there are still three applicants available with vids done to choose from..

I haven't met Dave (@NCGolfer) or Brian (@bkuehn1952) but have played with Jerry (@jsgolfer) many times now and know if chosen he would be an absolutely solid pick. A very seasoned competitive player not lacking either in distance, accuracy or touch. Judging from my round with him couple of weeks ago, seems to be in solid form this year already.

And off the top of my head, I think that we have 2: @Wanzo and @phillyk.  (We also have half a Hepp, but he's not that big of a guy, so half of him isn't going to cut it.)

Looking forward to the possibility of either of those guys joining our team; both look like very good choices to me. :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

And off the top of my head, I think that we have 2: @Wanzo and @phillyk.  (We also have half a Hepp, but he's not that big of a guy, so half of him isn't going to cut it.)

Looking forward to the possibility of either of those guys joining our team; both look like very good choices to me. :beer:

And then I'm the floater out there on the purple team if I can just figure out where the next job will take me.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

11 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Im crossing my fingers, I'd love to be a part of the team!

• Upvote 2

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Looking forward to seeing some new submissions from our West Coast candidates :-)

44 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Yep that's what I'm seeing as well. 

(Half a Hepp lol)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

(We also have half a Hepp, but he's not that big of a guy, so half of him isn't going to cut it.)

Half o'Hepp all you'll get until it stops raining every time I try to do my vlog. 

This winter we are approaching 50 inches since October so it has been a wet one. Hopefully soon.

• Upvote 1

Michael

3 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

And then I'm the floater out there on the purple team if I can just figure out where the next job will take me.

I still have my money on that island in the middle of the Mississippi River!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

19 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I believe at least from the east coast side there are still three applicants available with vids done to choose from..

I haven't met Dave (@NCGolfer) or Brian (@bkuehn1952) but have played with Jerry (@jsgolfer) many times now and know if chosen he would be an absolutely solid pick. A very seasoned competitive player not lacking either in distance, accuracy or touch. Judging from my round with him couple of weeks ago, seems to be in solid form this year already.

Thank you V.  It would be awesome to get selected for the winning team. :dance: Hope my good play continues.  Looking forward to seeing your v-log as you round your game into shape for the summer.  See you in a couple weeks, course is coming into shape.  :beer:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

38 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Thank you V.  It would be awesome to get selected for the winning team. :dance: Hope my good play continues.  Looking forward to seeing your v-log as you round your game into shape for the summer.  See you in a couple weeks, course is coming into shape.  :beer:

Are you moving to the west coast? :-P

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
2 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Are you moving to the west coast? :-P

Let's try to keep this topic (thread) about the applications.

You can quote and respond to posts in other topics pretty easily.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Were there no April selections? Did I miss it?

Its in the selections thread:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

15 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Its in the selections thread:

Whoops.. thanks! Few days away from home and am loosing my marbles.. ha ha.

Vishal S.

On 2/18/2017 at 9:14 PM, Wanzo said:

Attention Captain Mike, @mvmac

I will add the course vlog as soon as I can, but like Erik recommended I thought I would go ahead and post what I could to show that I'm really interested in being considered for the good guys' team (west).  I'll be sure to add the celebration when I record the 3 holes.  Go team west  

Shoe size: 10.5

shirt size: medium all brands

pant size: 30/30

p.s.  The camera adds 10 (or more) lbs in that slow mo swing  

Here's part 2, the vlog. Somehow I missed editing in my pitch shot on the last hole.  

@Wanzo your vids are gone. Are you still applying for NC? Hope so..

Edited by GolfLug
  • Upvote 1

Vishal S.

Well Gents, I'm going to have to take my hat out of the ring.  Unfortunately, I have a priority at work which is highly unlikely to be wrapped up by mid-Oct.  I wish you all the best in NC, and hope I will be able join you in 2019!

@mvmac I appreciate the consideration.

On 5/1/2017 at 9:08 PM, GolfLug said:

@Wanzo your vids are gone. Are you still applying for NC? Hope so

I feel bad about that. I accidentally deleted them from my YouTube when I was cleaning up some stuff and I'm trying to locate the originals to re-upload. That said, I would like to at least play enough times to get a legit hdcp before being considered. So I am working on playing some in the month of may. I've been traveling for work and weather has not cooperated when I've had time. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

• 2 weeks later...

Are the teams full yet?  I've been traveling like a mad man the last few weeks for work and haven't gotten a chance to do the VLOG yet I don't even know how I'm going to do it honestly guess I can get a buddy to film me without giving me a rash of shit for it.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

• Administrator

We each have three people left to pick. The end of the next three months.

February, March, April, May, June, July. Last day of each we choose people.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!