IGNORED

2017 Newport Cup Applications Accepted Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 2452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Assuming the weather remains fair, I ought to have my application video filmed on Friday and posted this weekend. Hopefully stating my plans doesn't end up jinxing them.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well done potentially future teammate. Extra points for doing this with the captain taking the video. 

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

• Administrator

Errybody know dat's Big D Bee.

Dave joined my college kids on a few of their spring break rounds. Good to have him!

Oh, and if I never hear "Buckets" again it'll be too soon. :-)

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

43 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

Added Part two to my original post to add a par 4 and par 5.  Thanks to @iacas and his team for the camera work.  Here it is:

Love the red shirt ;-)

21 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

Extra points for doing this with the captain taking the video. 

Yep.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Love the red shirt ;-)

He's trolling you. Plain and simple. ;-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, mvmac said:

Love the red shirt ;-)

Yep.

The blue visor is a mainstay.  Sorry.  I have to buy one every year since I wear it so much.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

@Pretzel, you got game! That was the biggest sand trap I've ever seen on that first Par 5! You should screenshot that scene and convince Erik to use that for a background on the TST homepage :content:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

@Pretzel, you got game! That was the biggest sand trap I've ever seen on that first Par 5! You should screenshot that scene and convince Erik to use that for a background on the TST homepage :content:

Ha ha, it was a big sand trap but definitely not the biggest I've encountered. That honor belongs to the trap along the left side of Saddleback Golf Club's first hole, which measures 80 yards long! That said, it's definitely not a small bunker and seems to manage to trap my golf ball more frequently than I'd like.

Saddleback Bunker.png

As for the "old farts" mentioned in the video, I stand by my statements and hope that the selection committee works to ensure a broad and diverse team that spans all ages. :-P

• Administrator
On 2/9/2017 at 3:53 PM, iacas said:

Note: Not listed here but very important is the amount an applicant posts. We want to get to know people before we meet them at the Newport Cup. That's part of what made 2015 so successful - we already felt like friends because we already were, and we'd gotten to know everyone already. Someone with five to ten posts per week is unlikely to be chosen.

I added that to the first post.

I'll tag everyone on the East Coast team "potential" list as a reminder of this.

@saevel25, @bkuehn1952, @SavvySwede, @k-troop, @jamo, @RandallT, @jkelley9, @billchao, @NCGolfer, @JxQx, @cipher, @jsgolfer, @jbishop15, @DaveP043, @CarlSpackler, @georgep, @GolfLug.

I know some of you very well, but that doesn't count - get to know everyone else, please, and do that by posting.

Also… it's never too late to apply (until after July 30, I guess). So if you want to be considered for the eventual winning East Team, please let me know.

On 3/18/2017 at 4:54 AM, Pretzel said:

Alright, I finally got it all put together. I apologize for the change between vertical and horizontal video and the black bars, I'm still not sure why movie maker added black bars to horizontal video. I also noticed I've fallen into my usual spring habit of hitting every shot with a stance between 10 and 30 degrees closed, so that ought to be sorted out well before October and increase my consistency in the process.

I would have worn red, but I realized when heading out to golf that I had worn my last clean red shirt on Wednesday. Hopefully my color choice and filming transgressions may be overlooked and forgiven.

• Shoe Size: 11-Wide in Footjoy sizing. I, unfortunately, can't wear the light and narrow shoes like the DNA since they're not wide enough for my fat feet.
  • Pants Size: I wear pants sized anywhere between 30/32 and 32/34 (Waist/Length)
  • Shirt Size: I generally fit best in size medium shirts (my favorite fitting shirt is a PING medium)

Not an actor but...

ed sheeran.jpg

• Upvote 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Well done @Pretzel, that was fun to watch.

I feel, though, that I now need to explain myself for my morning showering, lest I be thought of as gross by my teammates.  If I feel dirty in the evening, I'll shower before bed.  When I go to karate class on Mondays and Wednesdays, I always shower afterwards, and when I play hockey on Thursdays I shower afterwards.

But no matter how late that shower occurs, I still have to shower in the morning; partially to help loosen up my old fart back, and partially to get rid of my "sleep film." :beer:

But, seriously, great video.

10 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Not an actor but...

ed sheeran.jpg

I will say I definitely need a haircut. It's been several months since my last one, and I tend to get lazy and put it off as long as I can since I usually wear a hat most days.

At least I'm assuming the picture is a reference to the hair hidden underneath my hat.

6 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I feel, though, that I now need to explain myself for my morning showering, lest I be thought of as gross by my teammates.  If I feel dirty in the evening, I'll shower before bed.  When I go to karate class on Mondays and Wednesdays, I always shower afterwards, and when I play hockey on Thursdays I shower afterwards.

But no matter how late that shower occurs, I still have to shower in the morning; partially to help loosen up my old fart back, and partially to get rid of my "sleep film." :beer:

Alright, that's fair enough. I just find it crazy how some people go out and play golf or are outside in the hot sun all day and then just go to bed like that. They're just stewing in sweat all night like that.

12 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I will say I definitely need a haircut. It's been several months since my last one, and I tend to get lazy and put it off as long as I can since I usually wear a hat most days.

At least I'm assuming the picture is a reference to the hair hidden underneath my hat.

Alright, that's fair enough. I just find it crazy how some people go out and play golf or are outside in the hot sun all day and then just go to bed like that. They're just stewing in sweat all night like that.

Yes! At least you have all your hair, unlike me. :-P Plus he's wicked popular with women of all ages, so I didn't think you'd mind! 

I always shower after playing golf. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 2/9/2017 at 11:45 PM, mvmac said:

Thanks for posting @iacas

This is going to be a lot of fun to watch the videos that come in. 

Paging my guys to make sure they see it.

1. @Golfingdad 
 2. @mchepp 
 3. @tristanhilton85 
 4. @Pretzel 
 5. @phillyk 
 6. @kpaulhus 
 7. @Wanzo 
 8. @DeadMan 
 9. @shortstop20 
10. @Denny Bang Bang 
11. @Club Rat 
12. @Yukari 
13. @Big C 
14. @Lihu

@1badbadger is interested so I'll add him to the list.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

9 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Yes! At least you have all your hair, unlike me. :-P Plus he's wicked popular with women of all ages, so I didn't think you'd mind! 

I always shower after playing golf. 

No, I don't mind at all, I just personally wish it wasn't so unruly! If I didn't wear a hat or cut my hair shorter, I probably would be the guy with a 15 minute hair care routine to try and tame the beast. There's always at least one or five chunks that decide to stick straight out at some odd angle.

Note: This thread is 2452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!