IGNORED

2017 Newport Cup Applications Accepted Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 2435 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's like watching Shell's wonderful world of golf.

Well done @DaveP043 well done.

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

Ditto - loved it

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10 hours ago, coachjimsc said:

That was my inspiration, just to do something a little different from what you and the other applicants have done.

10 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Love it, @DaveP043.  The old-school "sketch" yardage book is very cool.

That's actually a pretty useful yardage book I developed on my own, at a time when the course didn't have one.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

11 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

At long last, I've completed my vlog

Just to be a little different, I added voice-over in my best announcer voice.  And to consolidate, I've quoted my previous posts, I think its all together here.

Great job Dave.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

@DaveP043, great work as usual.

OT: Can't wait to play the course again in May. On a side not, you oughta do a general vlog of holes #2, #6 and #12  or as I nicknamed them - Alps, Topsy Turvy and Fortress respectively just to give folks a taste of rest of the landscape...lol!

Vishal S.

13 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

At long last, I've completed my vlog

Just to be a little different, I added voice-over in my best announcer voice.  And to consolidate, I've quoted my previous posts, I think its all together here.

Jeff Bridges would be so proud!:-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

28 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@DaveP043, great work as usual.

OT: Can't wait to play the course again in May. On a side not, you oughta do a general vlog of holes #2, #6 and #12  or as I nicknamed them - Alps, Topsy Turvy and Fortress respectively just to give folks a taste of rest of the landscape...lol!

I'll try to add to the vlog, as you suggested.  I can see #2 and #12, but 6 is a moderately long par 3 without any real wackiness.  Are you sure that's the one you're thinking of?  Maybe 4, the first par 3 on the front, up the hill with the terraced green and blind tee shot?

26 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

Well done @DaveP043.  If you ever stop in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area on your way to Pinehurst, let me know.  :-)

Thanks, I'll  keep that in mind.  As I'm sure you understand, when we're on-route we're usually pretty anxious to get "home", no matter which direction we're headed, so we rarely even think about stopping anywhere.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

40 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'll try to add to the vlog, as you suggested.  I can see #2 and #12, but 6 is a moderately long par 3 without any real wackiness.  Are you sure that's the one you're thinking of?  Maybe 4, the first par 3 on the front, up the hill with the terraced green and blind tee shot?

Thanks, I'll  keep that in mind.  As I'm sure you understand, when we're on-route we're usually pretty anxious to get "home", no matter which direction we're headed, so we rarely even think about stopping anywhere.  

Ahh, yes you are right, actually #4 is what I was thinking of!! But yeah, that will be cool!

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

22 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Ahh, yes you are right, actually #4 is what I was thinking of!! But yeah, that will be cool!

23 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

#4 is a pain in the rear.  

Spoiler

On a side note, I just told Cord I would play the Stoneleigh Member Guest! :beer:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 3 weeks later...

Any April applicants?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Any April applicants?

Should I take this as a request for me to do another application video??   Ha ha ha - I suspect no one wants to sit through my sequel so everyone is safe for the moment.  ;-)

Brian Kuehn

I'm hoping to get my application in this month. The hold up is finding a time to get out to a course and do the on course portion.

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I believe at least from the east coast side there are still three applicants available with vids done to choose from..

I haven't met Dave (@NCGolfer) or Brian (@bkuehn1952) but have played with Jerry (@jsgolfer) many times now and know if chosen he would be an absolutely solid pick. A very seasoned competitive player not lacking either in distance, accuracy or touch. Judging from my round with him couple of weeks ago, seems to be in solid form this year already.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Upvote 1

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 2435 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!