IGNORED

2017 Newport Cup Applications Accepted Here!

Note: This thread is 1459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost 65 years in the making, never before released to the public ... let me be the first to introduce the current front runner for the 2018 Academy Award for "Documentary (Short Subject)":     

Wish I had a little more time. I definitely have a better appreciation for all the film makers out there. My lighting sucks...lol. Thank you to @NCGolfer for being the first one to post. Sho

At long last, I've completed my vlog Just to be a little different, I added voice-over in my best announcer voice.  And to consolidate, I've quoted my previous posts, I think its all to

Posted Images

10 hours ago, coachjimsc said:

It's like watching Shell's wonderful world of golf.

Well done @DaveP043 well done.

That was my inspiration, just to do something a little different from what you and the other applicants have done.

10 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Love it, @DaveP043.  The old-school "sketch" yardage book is very cool.

That's actually a pretty useful yardage book I developed on my own, at a time when the course didn't have one.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

At long last, I've completed my vlog

Just to be a little different, I added voice-over in my best announcer voice.  And to consolidate, I've quoted my previous posts, I think its all together here.

Great job Dave.

@DaveP043, great work as usual.

OT: Can't wait to play the course again in May. On a side not, you oughta do a general vlog of holes #2, #6 and #12  or as I nicknamed them - Alps, Topsy Turvy and Fortress respectively just to give folks a taste of rest of the landscape...lol!

13 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

At long last, I've completed my vlog

Just to be a little different, I added voice-over in my best announcer voice.  And to consolidate, I've quoted my previous posts, I think its all together here.

Jeff Bridges would be so proud!:-P

28 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@DaveP043, great work as usual.

OT: Can't wait to play the course again in May. On a side not, you oughta do a general vlog of holes #2, #6 and #12  or as I nicknamed them - Alps, Topsy Turvy and Fortress respectively just to give folks a taste of rest of the landscape...lol!

I'll try to add to the vlog, as you suggested.  I can see #2 and #12, but 6 is a moderately long par 3 without any real wackiness.  Are you sure that's the one you're thinking of?  Maybe 4, the first par 3 on the front, up the hill with the terraced green and blind tee shot?

26 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

Well done @DaveP043.  If you ever stop in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area on your way to Pinehurst, let me know.  :-)

Thanks, I'll  keep that in mind.  As I'm sure you understand, when we're on-route we're usually pretty anxious to get "home", no matter which direction we're headed, so we rarely even think about stopping anywhere.  

40 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'll try to add to the vlog, as you suggested.  I can see #2 and #12, but 6 is a moderately long par 3 without any real wackiness.  Are you sure that's the one you're thinking of?  Maybe 4, the first par 3 on the front, up the hill with the terraced green and blind tee shot?

Thanks, I'll  keep that in mind.  As I'm sure you understand, when we're on-route we're usually pretty anxious to get "home", no matter which direction we're headed, so we rarely even think about stopping anywhere.  

Ahh, yes you are right, actually #4 is what I was thinking of!! But yeah, that will be cool!

Edited by GolfLug

22 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Ahh, yes you are right, actually #4 is what I was thinking of!! But yeah, that will be cool!

23 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

#4 is a pain in the rear.  

Spoiler

On a side note, I just told Cord I would play the Stoneleigh Member Guest! :beer:

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Any April applicants?

Should I take this as a request for me to do another application video??   Ha ha ha - I suspect no one wants to sit through my sequel so everyone is safe for the moment.  ;-)

I believe at least from the east coast side there are still three applicants available with vids done to choose from..

I haven't met Dave (@NCGolfer) or Brian (@bkuehn1952) but have played with Jerry (@jsgolfer) many times now and know if chosen he would be an absolutely solid pick. A very seasoned competitive player not lacking either in distance, accuracy or touch. Judging from my round with him couple of weeks ago, seems to be in solid form this year already.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Upvote 1

• iacas unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 1459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!