IGNORED

2017 Newport Cup Applications Accepted Here!

Note: This thread is 1459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll do a quick :offtopic:In my area, we've had flurries the last week with temperatures at night around freezing and highs during day of 40-43 and raining or drizzling constantly.  So not ideal golfing weather, but we are setting up an AboutGolf simulator in our shop.  That'll be good to go in a week or so and I'll start my practicing! :)  This winter has sucked around here though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost 65 years in the making, never before released to the public ... let me be the first to introduce the current front runner for the 2018 Academy Award for "Documentary (Short Subject)":     

Wish I had a little more time. I definitely have a better appreciation for all the film makers out there. My lighting sucks...lol. Thank you to @NCGolfer for being the first one to post. Sho

At long last, I've completed my vlog Just to be a little different, I added voice-over in my best announcer voice.  And to consolidate, I've quoted my previous posts, I think its all to

Posted Images

I may have to do a quick tour of my place during my video. I think the tour will only add about 30 seconds to the video, and only if I go really in-depth. We'll see. I'm considering doing the interview questions this evening and following that up with the vlog later.

• Administrator
Just now, Pretzel said:

I may have to do a quick tour of my place during my video. I think the tour will only add about 30 seconds to the video, and only if I go really in-depth. We'll see. I'm considering doing the interview questions this evening and following that up with the vlog later.

I prefer them to just be in the same video (or at least the same post), FWIW. Please don't just post one and then 30 posts later, the other part. Your application isn't in until they're both ready anyway.

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

I prefer them to just be in the same video (or at least the same post), FWIW. Please don't just post one and then 30 posts later, the other part. Your application isn't in until they're both ready anyway.

Alright, then I'll wait.

5 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

Just to throw it out there...through Feb 28th I've played 16 rounds in 2017. Its 55* and sunny the next 4 days. Will probably add 3 more rounds to that total. 

Got you beat, I'm already at 20.  :banana:

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

We're a third way through March without a single application :-(

I'm hoping to get mine in this month. I should get the interview portion filmed soon. Getting the vlog might be tough by the end of the month, but I will try.

43 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Almost 65 years in the making, never before released to the public ... let me be the first to introduce the current front runner for the 2018 Academy Award for "Documentary (Short Subject)":

bkuehn's 2017 Newport Cup application

That was very entertaining!  My favorite parts were the explanation of the "white stuff" and moving the ball out of the divot.  You seem like someone that would be fun to play a round of golf with, good luck!

@bkuehn1952, great application! Played Fox Hills once way back in 2005, when I used to live there. I visit Plymouth once every few months - our corporate sales office off of Sheldon Rd. Hope to meet you someday..:-)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@bkuehn1952, great application! Played Fox Hills once way back in 2005, when I used to live there. I visit Plymouth once every few months - our corporate sales office off of Sheldon Rd. Hope to meet you someday..:-)

Thanks.  Absolutely let me know if you visit the home office.  There are lots of nice courses in the area and it will be my treat. As you can see, Michigan has golf 12 months a year (ha ha ha!).  And who knows, maybe we will be teammates come October! 

Man, oh, man! That was hilarious, the divot kick, the "white stuff", the "relieving in the trees", the celebration (putter drop!).  You are a hoot.  And thanks for saying you want to be my teammate. I now have to do something about applying, lol. We wouldn't be on the same team as I am in California and support the red team all the way. But, it would be fun to meet you Brian.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Outstanding effort, and great dedication to go out on the course in the cold weather.  One reminder, post your sizes for the stuff, just to make the entry complete.  I'm sitting here in Virginia tonight, waiting for our yearly "blizzard" to start.  They're talking as much as a foot of snow, which will paralyze the area for a few days, but we still might get some golf in on the weekend.

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Outstanding effort, and great dedication to go out on the course in the cold weather.  One reminder, post your sizes for the stuff, just to make the entry complete.  I'm sitting here in Virginia tonight, waiting for our yearly "blizzard" to start.  They're talking as much as a foot of snow, which will paralyze the area for a few days, but we still might get some golf in on the weekend.

Yes, please. Post them separately so I can merge the two posts, @bkuehn1952.

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I'm sitting here in Virginia tonight, waiting for our yearly "blizzard" to start.  They're talking as much as a foot of snow, which will paralyze the area for a few days, but we still might get some golf in on the weekend.

OT, but I worked in Richmond for nearly two years, and about 2" of snow would send everyone into a panic...they'd send people home from work for two days.  It was crazy.

@bkuehn1952 - great stuff!  Hilarious.

22 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Shoe Size: 9.0 Medium or Regular width (Footjoy is what I typically purchase) 

Shirt Size: Small (or at least that is the size for Greg Norman, Ashworth and Cutter & Buck - if the brand runs small then Medium)

Pant Size: 34 waist and 30 inseam (actually 33 waist and 29 inseam but most pants are only even numbers)

"We're gonna edit that out, right?"

J K Simmons.jpg

• Upvote 2

• iacas unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 1459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!