Sign in to follow this  
Niklas

Is GAME GOLF viable enough for me to keep recommending it?

Note: This thread is 1386 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 posts / 1109 viewsLast Reply

As a Game Golf live user I got the question yesterday if it would be a good idea to buy a unit (currently on sale). My first thought was "yes, get one", but then I figured I have seen few updates and news from GG as of lately. What are they up to? Going out of business?

Some thoughts from someone with a bit of insight would be great! :)

The problem with the answers on this will be that anyone in a position to know will likely have signed a non-disclosure agreement. 

I will just note that all of these tools have gone through a similar cycle. They start with fanfare, tons of excitement. News and updates occur at a regular pace. 

Then something sets in behind the scenes.  Updates to the product slow down. News becomes less frequent on the site. I have used SwingBySwing and GolfShot and they did the same thing- and they are both around (I think!).

It is all very familiar cycle and I wouldn't draw any conclusions.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They are still doing fine.

@david_wedzik and I are even working with them on ongoing projects to integrate LSW stuff into the platform.

They were at the PGA Show, too. That costs a pretty penny.

I use mine pretty regularly, as do several of my buddies.  Heck, I was trying to sell a couple of co-workers on GG this morning!  I hope it doesn't go anywhere.  The insights are really powerful and is something I use a lot in my practice.

Ok, sounds reasonable! Glad to hear that new features are planned and worked on @iacas, will continue my recommendations for the system.

I wonder what happened to the grips as well. Perhaps Golf Pride pulled out of it...

4 minutes ago, Niklas said:

I wonder what happened to the grips as well. Perhaps Golf Pride pulled out of it...

I know a bit about this. Suffice to say it didn't end up being something worth pursuing when you can just put tags in and out of whatever grip you want to use?

I hope they remain viable.  When I was playing regularly last summer I had one and really liked it.  And I hope to keep using it.

I've only ever used the app. I prefer it, especially since I swap clubs in and out a lot, and I sometimes play with different sets when I travel. I exclude those from my stats, but I still like to have the shot by shot record of all of my rounds, if only for the memories

Note: This thread is 1386 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!