IGNORED

The Interesting Setups With a Mat and Net Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There are some obvious places you find a hitting area and some not so obvious ones. Post them here! 

This looks like a restaurant:

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 1.42.46 PM copy.png

Boston

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 1.50.42 PM.png

New backyard?

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 1.45.52 PM.png

When you get bitten by the bug and want to practice, you find a way. How do you not admire the passion?

Not so much a net, probably rubber balls.

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 2.13.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 2.13.55 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

Guess this is somewhere in a basement?

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 10.47.22 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I have a mat in my office. We rent and the carpet is ghetto x100, old commercial carpet that was ready to be replaced when we moved in 14 years ago. It looks like hell but it's carpet over concrete with many defects and it's better than just about any artificial green I've used. So between that and the mat, I hit floppy balls against the partition, I have a pretty good practice space. I use the office to get my steps in too, I've paced 5 miles in here when it's too snowy to be outside.  

Dave :-)

14 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

That one reminds me a bit of @boogielicious practicing in a dance studio. ;)

I call it my La La Land golf studio! I bet @nevets88 would like one too!

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

This is a few years old so may have been discussed back then but given the thread topic, seems fitting to mention it:

Some guy documented his effort to build an in-home golf simulator:  https://mediocre.com/forum/topics/home-golf-simulator-buildout

• Upvote 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I call it my La La Land golf studio! I bet @nevets88 would like one too!

I do this too. Once in a condo, the room was huge, like 25 foot ceilings and wasn't using a net, so ball hunting a lot, the security guy saw me on camera, thought I was using a real ball, showed him it was a foam job, let me play on, then the workout folks started filing in, game over. Need to buy one of those.

• Upvote 1

Steve

Here's a garage setup.

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 9.03.50 AM.png

Steve

Garage - I use the clamps to hang a blanket also (after putting a hole through the net.

2017-03-07 13_20_43-Bill Rehm.jpg

Bill - 

nothing new here, just a few extra touches after piecing remnants from storm damage to 10x10x10 cage.

I should also note, that I removed a section of the cross piece in front as if you hit it, it will shatter! (it still could, but it has a little bit of play in it to minimize that happening).golf_net_3_001.thumb.JPG.50d15eeb24f23c03db0292fa6645c452.JPG

Edited by Hacker James
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Anti shank drill. Put your kiddo on the right.

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 11.42.02 AM.png

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was a basement, but is an indoor range.

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 1.57.22 PM.png

This is definitely not an indoor range, biggest mat, evah.

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 1.58.21 PM.png

Steve

This looks like not a ground floor.

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 10.15.57 AM.png

Steve

Epic keep your head steady, key #1 thingamabob.

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 2.48.41 PM.png

Steve

On 3/6/2017 at 3:50 PM, Golfingdad said:

That one reminds me a bit of @boogielicious practicing in a dance studio. ;)

How have I never seen this?? @boogielicious how were you not constantly worried about breaking something?!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

44 minutes ago, jamo said:

How have I never seen this?? @boogielicious how were you not constantly worried about breaking something?!

Foam golf balls. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!