IGNORED

How/where to learn more about swing mechanics and instruction?

ajw426
Note: This thread is 2585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, iacas said:

It's EA, not Ed.

Please don't. The guy's a kook, and there's virtually no point in learning TGM at this point.

Pardon me ,  his full name is Edward A Tischler . I call him Ed as its short for Edward.

If TGM is too outdated how about the Tutelman site http://www.tutelman.com/ 

I forgot to add that if the thread initiator really wanted to delve into the 'Twilight Zone' , there is always Jack Kuykendall website with his alternative views. 

http://www.kuykendallgolf.com/Members/default.cfm

Edited by DownAndOut

This isn't strictly instruction but I would think it would be worth it to go through the free Trackman University cirricumum. So at least it helps you communicate better with your instructor and understand instruction articles and understand the science aspect of golf.

I also subscribed to Tyler Ferrell's and George Gankas's sites and watched their videos to see what different people are saying. Plus bought some of Trackman Maestro's videos. Looks like Dana Dahlquist is gearing up a new site. While I feel more informed, all that time spent watching the vids didn't really help me accelerate my progress with my pro, the customized learning you do is exactly that. Customized. 

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here's an example from one of my recs. Imho, video > books in terms of "reading up on the swing" nowadays. Still buy books, but books just seem like an outdated format now for this purpose.

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
On 2/23/2017 at 6:33 PM, DownAndOut said:

Pardon me ,  his full name is Edward A Tischler . I call him Ed as its short for Edward.

Point remains he goes by EA.

There's little point in learning about mechanics if you're not an instructor. Often it's counterproductive.

If you find it fun, cool. But know it's not gonna help you play better golf, and those applying their knowledge are still gonna be ahead of you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Point remains he goes by EA.

There's little point in learning about mechanics if you're not an instructor. Often it's counterproductive.

If you find it fun, cool. But know it's not gonna help you play better golf, and those applying their knowledge are still gonna be ahead of you.

Yeah, I'm just learning for the sake of learning.  

Actually , I do like these 3-D analysis You Tube videos by Shaun Webb . Now this is cool stuff (below is example video).

As Iacus said , won't improve your golf swing but might improve your perception of what is going on in a 'high level' golfer's action.

If you really want to know the secret to golf, just watch this video :-P

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 2585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!