Sign in to follow this  
Billsy

Oblique Muscles : The Forgotten Sides

Note: This thread is 869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 posts / 1156 viewsLast Reply

Living in the Northeast, the off season starts in late November. Since that time, I dedicated myself to building my obliques and upper back muscles. This weekend my hard work is paying dividends. I picked up at least 10 yards off the tee. 

So do those planks and most importantly the side planks!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

There are numerous exercises that work these muscle groups. I spent most of my time doing side planks. 

Start off trying to hold them for 15 seconds each side and complete two sets. 

Over time increase your holding time to 25 seconds. When you feel you are ready try to raise your hips in the side plank position. 

Let me if you try this and your progress. Will share other exercises over the next week.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWhJoWz4uAn6Pxm5PlS-GE5FoxkUf-Zcg9Plg9yP07RpMMMe7RB_wUmPeY

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!