IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, tigerrag said:

So knowing that it will probably be windy Thurs and maybe Fri, which players will fair better in it?  Also, does it hurt some of the favorites heading into the tournament?

This weather changes my picks somewhat:

DJ - nothing bothers him

Jordan - mentally strong, good wind player

Phil - good wind player (now), knows course better n anyone and he's 46

Rickey - loves the elements, embraces the challenge

Zach J - also embraces the  challenge, only way he can win is in inclement weather

If weather was nice, I'd pull Rickey and Zach in lieu of Rory and JDay.

Edited by Gunther

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Most votes for -6 to -11

This... is a boring uninspired menu, sorry, just my humble opinion.

Guessing those bolded X's are don't go there.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

49 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I've heard it said that if anyone designed a course today with greens like those at Augusta, he'd be ridiculed and lynched.  Those severe greens are revered, due to their history, but they'd be tough to play on a regular basis.  Of course, if I was forced to play Augusta on a regular basis, I'd try to tolerate them.

I'd assume, for member play, the greens would be a lot slower and the pins in easier spots. Or at least they would be most of the time.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

If there is a postponement of play for some time on Thursday, it could heavily favor the early Thursday guys because if they get to finish most of their round on Saturday, the winds are supposed to die down to 5-10mph.

And we have groupings, don't see anything controversial on first glance.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 minutes ago, tigerrag said:

Haha well they are way off.

What's more likely?  That Sean O'Hair lies about his age or the Stewards of Masters have made a mistake?  

I think you'll find that Mr. O'Hair is indeed 54 years of age.

• Upvote 2

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

18 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Not according to THE MASTERS.COM :-$

Some days I feel 20 years older than I am!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Masters practice coverage is showing radar numbers - ball speed and distance, plus animated trajectory for some players. 

Steve

This... is a boring uninspired menu, sorry, just my humble opinion.

He's a Yorkshireman; they're not terribly...well...imaginative.

Mind you, I think some of the golfers from the southern United States might be a bit bemused when they see "gravy" on the menu and have their first encounter with Bisto.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

He's a Yorkshireman; they're not terribly...well...imaginative.

Mind you, I think some of the golfers from the southern United States might be a bit bemused when they see "gravy" on the menu and have their first encounter with Bisto.

In all fairness, I find pretty much all of the menus boring, don't mean to single out Willett. Had Yorkshire pudding last year in Kent, it was very good.

Jason Day's mother won't need chemo, much weight off shoulders, maybe it'll free him up for a win.

http://golfweek.com/2017/04/04/jason-day-a-new-man-at-augusta-national-masters-after-good-news-on-moms-health-no-chemo-cancer/

I normally don't root for anyone, but this year, want to see a first time winner that's not an unknown quantity like Willett. Day, McIlroy, Rose, DJ, Matsuyama, Stenson, Rahm, etc...

Steve

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Masters practice coverage is showing radar numbers - ball speed and distance, plus animated trajectory for some players. 

Too bad they can't simulate Thursday's expected wind speeds...

Dave 

Driver: Callaway X2 Hot 13.5*    Woods: Callaway X2 Hot 5W      Hybrids: Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid 3

Irons: Callaway X Hot 4-9    

Wedges: Callaway X Hot PW and AW, Mack Daddy S Grind 60*/10,  Mack Daddy C Grind 56*/14 

Putter: Odyssey Versa #1

Two hours of coverage from 16. No ads, no announcers, no CEOs, no silly animations.

• Upvote 1

Steve

My prediction for classic boring Thr leaderboard:
Henley
Grace
Immelmann 
Kymer
Piercy
Summerhays
Woodland
Kisner
Noren
Walker 

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 2504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!