IGNORED

Wisconsin, nearby, and visitors thread for 2017

treebound
Note: This thread is 2178 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Been talking with the pops, and we are trying to get in a 2 day trip to Sand Valley in the middle of May.  Prices don't look too ridiculous if the course is the caliber they are talking about.  Hopefully is won't be too packed right away, and I will be posting a report if I do get luck enough to play it!  I love seeing such great courses open up in the Midwest.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am officially excited!  The Sand Valley trip came trough.  I will be playing 36 on Friday at Sand Valley, and I will report back with a review and some pictures of our trip.

56 minutes ago, shakogolfer78 said:

Well I am officially excited!  The Sand Valley trip came trough.  I will be playing 36 on Friday at Sand Valley, and I will report back with a review and some pictures of our trip.

Sweet!  I am excited to hear about that.  @Jakester23 and I plan on going there one day soon...unless you say it is terrible.  ;-)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I am sure it will be amazing.... I mean great golf and spotted cow is about as good as it gets.  @cipher good to see some familiar faces around here.  I have been off the site for awhile with work/schooling getting in the way.  Hope to get my game back with some more time to play!

32 minutes ago, shakogolfer78 said:

I am sure it will be amazing.... I mean great golf and spotted cow is about as good as it gets.  @cipher good to see some familiar faces around here.  I have been off the site for awhile with work/schooling getting in the way.  Hope to get my game back with some more time to play!

I've been away myself a bit.  I hope you guys have a great time there!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Well the trip to Sand Valley was fantastic @cipher!  The course was incredible.  The hospitality was above and beyond, and we are already talking about going back next year to check out the second course.

You Badger guys realize that you aren't far from Michigan.   Only a little ole' lake separates us.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

29 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

You Badger guys realize that you aren't far from Michigan.   Only a little ole' lake separates us.  

Unfortunately, you have to drive through Chicago to get there.

Ewwwwww...!  

:-D 

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

3 hours ago, shakogolfer78 said:

Well the trip to Sand Valley was fantastic @cipher!  The course was incredible.  The hospitality was above and beyond, and we are already talking about going back next year to check out the second course.

Nice!  Glad it turned out to be a great course!  

Nate

13 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Ewwwwww...!  

I agree about the drive but the golf....Michigan has the best...  although I'm sure Wisconsin has some very nice courses too.

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

I agree about the drive but the golf....Michigan has the best...  although I'm sure Wisconsin has some very nice courses too.

Care to give us a few examples of Michigan's finest?

On 5/16/2017 at 10:34 PM, Jakester23 said:

Care to give us a few examples of Michigan's finest?

1. (1) Crystal Downs C.C., Frankfort †
  2. (2) Oakland Hills C.C., (South) Bloomfield Hills †
  3. (3) Arcadia Bluffs G.C. (above), Arcadia † √ ★
  4. (4) Forest Dunes G.C., Roscommon Δ √ ★
  5. (6) Lost Dunes G.C., Bridgman Δ
  6. (5) The Kingsley Club, Kingsley Δ
  7. (7) True North G.C., Harbor Springs
  8. (8) Point O'Woods G. & C.C., Benton Harbor
  9. (9) Marquette G.C. (Greywalls), Marquette ★
  10. (10) Tullymore G.C., Stanwood Δ √ ★
  11. (12.) Wuskowhan Players Club, West Olive
  12. (-) LochenHeath G.C., Acme
  13. (11) Oakland Hills C.C. (North), Bloomfield Hills
  14. (20) Eagle Eye G.C., Bath ★
  15. (13) Franklin Hills C.C., Franklin
  16. (17) Boyne Highlands Resort (Heather), Harbor Springs ★
  17. (-) Barton Hills C.C., Ann Arbor
  18. (16) Grand Traverse Resort and Spa (The Bear), Acme √ ★
  19. (14) Bay Harbor G.C. (Links/Quarry), Bay Harbor √ ★
  20. (-) Warwick Hills G. & C.C., Grand Blanc
  21. (-) Indianwood G. & C.C. (Old), Lake Orion
  22. (22) C.C. of Detroit, Grosse Pointe Farms
  23. (21) Cedar River G.C., Bellaire ★
  24. (-) Belvedere G.C., Charlevoix
  25. (-) Boyne Highlands Resort (Arthur Hills), Harbor Springs ★

The Gaylord area and the Traverse City area have world class golf courses.   Treetops with it five courses and the world renown par 3 course (pro shootout) are some of the best.

more...

From Golf Advisor

Mygolfspy.com    (I played Moose Ridge two weeks ago, don't want to miss this one)

(from Mygolfspy.com)  When you hear the phrase golf destination, what's the first state that comes to mind? Show of virtual hands, who said Michigan?

Perhaps the most unexpected of all golf getaway states, Michigan is actually home to the second highest number of courses in the United States. In fact, Michigan has more golf courses than both California and Texas.

The nice thing about Michigan golf is the cost.  I'll give you that Arcadia Bluffs is pretty expensive but it isn't hard to find an inexpensive round of golf.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, David in FL said:

Ewwwwww...!  

No you don't - you can take a ferry from Milwaukee to Muskegon (2.5 hours), or from Manitowoc to Ludington (4 hours).
I'm not saying it is cheap, or really even reasonable - but if your destination is Wisconsin then it can be quicker and you don't have to drive through Chicago.

http://www.lake-express.com/schedule/

http://www.ssbadger.com/schedule-fares/

Players play, tough players win!

I have two tickets each to the Monday and Tuesday practice rounds at Erin Hills.  No charge for them.  Just let me know if you are interested.  I cannot use them.

Nate

21 hours ago, cipher said:

I have two tickets each to the Monday and Tuesday practice rounds at Erin Hills.  No charge for them.  Just let me know if you are interested.  I cannot use them.

I was able to give these all away so they are no longer available.

Nate

Somebody is happy, I wonder if the security requirements are more generous for the practice rounds. What little I heard on the news is that visitors are very restricted on what they can carry onto the grounds. I'm not going, but if I did I would want to bring my camera and maybe a small chair or camp stool.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all from menomonie on the west side. We have several courses in this area anyone free on a Monday or Tuesday I'm up to play. Those are my days off. Would love to meet new folks and play a round. I'm new and really have no handicap. Not sure he many rounds I have to play but just working on basics and enjoying the game. Contact me if your available 

Todd

Aww sand valley is that the old arrowwwod country club? 

Note: This thread is 2178 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!