IGNORED

My Swing (woodzie264)

woodzie264

18 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

@boogielicious, @billchao...thoughts on previous post? If ok, I’ll start in-graining it. If I need changes, I’d rather get it right before repetition sets a pattern

Looks good to me, but I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the pace of your practice better. The last swing you did reach back a bit more than the previous ones, so watch that. Keep up the good work. Also, have the camera along you toe line and throw in a face on when you get a chance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

(edited)
3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I like the pace of your practice better. The last swing you did reach back a bit more than the previous ones, so watch that. Keep up the good work. Also, have the camera along you toe line and throw in a face on when you get a chance.

with no planned rounds of any importance scheduled for two months, I hope to engrain some good changes 

Edited by woodzie264
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5/05/20 - hands back & up

Part of today’s practice; trying to takeaway to hit positions A2, then to A3, then A5-ish, then transition with half-speed downswing. 

I tried to position the camera for better toe-line since that’s been mentioned now a couple of times. Not sure if it’s any better, but I tried

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Part of today’s practice; trying to takeaway to hit positions A2, then to A3, then A5-ish, then transition with half-speed downswing.

I tried to position the camera for better toe-line since that’s been mentioned now a couple of times. Not sure if it’s any better, but I tried

Look at the difference in your swing at 0:28 and your first two swings.

The right elbow work at 0:28 is better.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

36 minutes ago, iacas said:

Look at the difference in your swing at 0:28 and your first two swings.

The right elbow work at 0:28 is better.

Thank you for checking in on me - did you mean the 0:28 swing vs the previous partial A2-3/5 swings or compared to the other later full swings?

-Jonny

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Thank you for checking in on me - did you mean the 0:28 swing vs the previous partial A2-3/5 swings or compared to the other later full swings?

I only watched through 0:35. So… 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)

5/05/20 - club head back & up with gate drill

as I come over-the-top and have a 10yd “fade” with my irons at times, I figured it would be a good idea to, while I’m trying to develop a new swing pattern, develop a pattern that would correct the fade and maybe even produce a little draw.  With that, I incorporated the full swing gate drill from the COVID challenge with draw set up.

@boogielicious, @billchao, @iacas, Unless you guys think that’s a bad idea, I may just work on these things simultaneously in this manner from now on. I don’t really have to have multiple swing thoughts going on since the gate drill is rather mindless and hopefully just reinforces the inside-out swing path I should be working towards anyways. BUT, I realize things aren’t always why they seem and you may feel this to be deleterious to my current efforts. Just wanted your take on it since I see/anticipate this being my PP for quite some time

Edited by woodzie264
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

Watch the first part of the takeaway to A2. You are coming inside a bit. Slow the whole takeaway down in the first few reps. Only speed up when you feel you did it correctly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Watch the first part of the takeaway to A2. You are coming inside a bit. Slow the whole takeaway down in the first few reps. Only speed up when you feel you did it correctly.

But you don’t have an issue with the concept of doing the gate drill as I make these swing changes?

-Jonny

18 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

But you don’t have an issue with the concept of doing the gate drill as I make these swing changes?

No issue. It is reinforcing path for you.

Scott

My Swing Thread

9 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

No issue. It is reinforcing path for you.

That was my initial, uneducated,  thought, but will defer to you guys

-Jonny

(edited)

After a couple of hours since practice, I wanted to film a cold (no practice, no warm up) swing.

came up with more elbow flexion near A5-6 than I’ve been practicing, but prob close to 90*  Better inside-out swing I think than earlier today with the clubface being a little bit more closed at the top than before.

anyways, I was just curious what a cold swing looked like. 

not sure why blurry

Edited by woodzie264

-Jonny

• Administrator

Keep doing that. When it's actually comfortable and "what you do" then I have an idea what your next piece will be.

• Thumbs Up 1

5/06/20 - cold swing still has Right elbow flexing more than 90* with club head angling across midline

-Jonny

5/07/20 - club head back & up

First swing of the day, admittedly 1/2 speed with 3/4 finish

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

48 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

5/07/20 - club head back & up

First swing of the day, admittedly 1/2 speed with 3/4 finish

I don’t know if you’re aware, but golf balls occasionally go through nets.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 minutes ago, billchao said:

I don’t know if you’re aware, but golf balls occasionally go through nets.

Duly noted, but I don’t hit them nearly hard enough 😏

-Jonny