IGNORED

My Swing (woodzie264)

woodzie264

1 minute ago, woodzie264 said:

@DaveP043, I've seen your basement, your Golf IQ is pretty high :content:

LOL, I'm not so sure about that, I'm not sure that the ability to buy stuff coincides with any kind of IQ.  It definitely shows an interest, and an amazing degree of tolerance on the part of my wife.

• Upvote 3

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:39 AM, woodzie264 said:

@iacas, focused on keeping head steadier (with less downward/forward movement), while pushing right hip away from the wall

@GolfLug, I focused on, and felt, more weight to inside of my right foot while maintaining more flex in right knee.

critiques? I want to get some reps in, but I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.  You know it's a bad start when you need repeated correction on the drill meant to correct the swing flaw! :8)

There you go.. much much better.

Anyway, any time your head starts bobbing up and down, it should be a que that you are not rotating.

Vishal S.

Thanks guys...I will give this a few more days of work and repost a swing for re-evaluation. I appreciate your time

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3/07/17 - priority piece: centered hip turn

I see my left elbow bends during backswing here, but I've been working on a more centered hip turn with less lateral movement

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

i am working on the same aspect of the swing.   Do what you can to shorten your swing on the backswing. The longer the arm swing the more chance your will have of the arms continuing past the shoulder turn. This will cause you to sway as well. Swinging the club to 10-2 on a clock face help with the feeling. 

It looks like that the wall drill has improved your sway. Keep up the good work. Improving is a never ending process. 

5 minutes ago, Golfdad2014 said:

i am working on the same aspect of the swing.   Do what you can to shorten your swing on the backswing. The longer the arm swing the more chance your will have of the arms continuing past the shoulder turn. This will cause you to sway as well. Swinging the club to 10-2 on a clock face help with the feeling. 

It looks like that the wall drill has improved your sway. Keep up the good work. Improving is a never ending process. 

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely feel like I try to take a bigger backswing than what is comfortable. I'll try taking a 10 o'clock backswing to see if that helps

-Jonny

You may have to exaggerate the movement to actually get it to show in a video. If the feeling of 10 o'clock is causing you to still go to far then go to 9 or earlier. 

I do want to preface all of my tips with do what works for you. Everyone is different. Don't stray to far from your priority piece. Keep working on the hip turn until one of the pro's on here has you move on from it. 

13 minutes ago, Golfdad2014 said:

You may have to exaggerate the movement to actually get it to show in a video. If the feeling of 10 o'clock is causing you to still go to far then go to 9 or earlier. 

I do want to preface all of my tips with do what works for you. Everyone is different. Don't stray to far from your priority piece. Keep working on the hip turn until one of the pro's on here has you move on from it. 

Thanks - yeah, I wasn't going to change my priority piece until given permission :-)

-Jonny

1 minute ago, Golfdad2014 said:

No worries. It's fun to give each other tips but I don't want to over step here. 

You're not. I appreciate it

-Jonny

Today at range: less lateral motion, less head bob than yesterday. Still not great, but improving...I think. I know this angle isn't perfect, but I was only posting this for showing some improvements, not for further eval. I will post again next week after more wall drills

-Jonny

3/10 - working on balanced centered turn; still a little head bob here in the FOV, not as much on the DTLV

-Jonny

I could be wrong but i thought the point of the wall drill was to get the hips away from the wall laterally. Creating a spinal tilt and the like.  "Toward target" "bumping foward" etc.  You look much steadier but still look like your are "turning in a barrel", maybe @iacas could clear up. 

42 minutes ago, sirhacksalot said:

I could be wrong but i thought the point of the wall drill was to get the hips away from the wall laterally. Creating a spinal tilt and the like.  "Toward target" "bumping foward" etc.  You look much steadier but still look like your are "turning in a barrel", maybe @iacas could clear up. 

you are right - the fact I'm no longer swaying back is progress. In one of my videos, Erik told me not to move my head forward, so I'm working on "pressing my right hip away from the wall" while not moving my head forward...this is my struggle. Thanks for noticing - I appreciate it

-Jonny

On 3/8/2017 at 7:56 AM, woodzie264 said:

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely feel like I try to take a bigger backswing than what is comfortable. I'll try taking a 10 o'clock backswing to see if that helps

I second this, I have the same problem with swaying and head dipping at the top of the backswing. I finally figured out that I do this because I try to rotate my shoulders past 90*, you're doing the same thing. 

This is also a good drill that helped me with swaying.

• Administrator

Still a little sway in the last swing video there, no?

I'd keep working on this. Gonna be your priority piece for a little while…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Still a little sway in the last swing video there, no?

I'd keep working on this. Gonna be your priority piece for a little while…

Got it-  until you say otherwise

-Jonny