IGNORED

My Swing (woodzie264)

woodzie264

• Administrator

Do you have a hard time uncocking (ulnar deviation) your wrists?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Do you have a hard time uncocking (ulnar deviation) your wrists?

Not at all.  This is emabarassing. Maybe one day I’ll get up your way and have you witness this anomaly 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
1 minute ago, woodzie264 said:

Not at all.  This is emabarassing. Maybe one day I’ll get up your way and have you witness this anomaly 

I mean, I'm not that far away, seeing as how we played down your way once. 😉

Maybe you just have tiny girl hands? 😄 

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Maybe you just have tiny girl hands? 😄 

That is my conclusion after this past 2 years of trying to properly grip a freakin’ club 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

That is my conclusion after this past 2 years of trying to properly grip a freakin’ club 

I mean, you could make day trip sometime.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@woodzie264, we can plan to go together. I can pick you up and drive us. Late spring probably if things pan out schedule-wise.

Sounds good! 

-Jonny

On 6/16/2022 at 7:42 PM, iacas said:

I'd worry more about that right elbow.

image.jpeg

It's getting around behind your shirt seam.

This is a too-long, early run at a video I still intend to make at some point.

Prior to my hiatus, this was my PP.  Before I start reinforcing this pattern, is this better? I realize the camera angle isn’t perfect, but it’s the best I could do at the moment inside my home.

-Jonny

• Administrator

Yes, but you've gotta gain depth and can't be shoving your hands out and rolling them that much:

image.jpeg

You gain no depth the first 80% of your backswing.

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes, but you've gotta gain depth and can't be shoving your hands out and rolling them that much:

image.jpeg

You gain no depth the first 80% of your backswing.

Ok, I get that by adding more turn at the waist, correct? Just checking to make sure that my elbow is in a better position relative to my body.  I will work on gaining better depth as well.

-Jonny

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I get that by adding more turn at the waist, correct?

Not entirely. Stop doing that thing with your wrists early in the backswing. You make them go OUT from that line immediately.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not entirely. Stop doing that thing with your wrists early in the backswing. You make them go OUT from that line immediately.

Ok - get what you’re saying. Thank you, sir!

-Jonny

ok, so will be working on right elbow in front of shirt seam without my hands pushing out during takeaway. 

this isn’t good, but it’s a starting point for me to reference in a couple of weeks

-Jonny

9 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

ok, so will be working on right elbow in front of shirt seam without my hands pushing out during takeaway. 

this isn’t good, but it’s a starting point for me to reference in a couple of weeks

That’s better than the last video but at that speed you’re unlikely to change anything when you’re actually trying to hit a ball.

What does it look like if you make the backswing without rolling your hands at all?

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

That’s better than the last video but at that speed you’re unlikely to change anything when you’re actually trying to hit a ball.

What does it look like if you make the backswing without rolling your hands at all?

I’ll work on it slowly (good reminder) and try not to roll my wrist. (I’ve got too many things wrong all at one time!) I’ll try to post something tomorrow

-Jonny

14 hours ago, billchao said:

Went slower this morning and worked on not pushing hands away or rolling wrists….just letting my body take the club/hand back & up while thinking about getting more depth with PP still keeping right elbow anterior to shirt seam:

I realized after the fact that the black sweatshirt wasn’t the best option to observe the right elbow, but my hands were more in front of me than they were a few months ago so I think there is some progress there. 

*will also go S-L-O-W-E-R next time 

-Jonny

5 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Went slower this morning

Go even slower. Try a 5 count, 1 Mississippi..2 Mississippi…. I sometimes think I’m going slow in practice, then when I see the film, it’s not very slow. It will help you feel the turn better.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

25 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Go even slower. Try a 5 count, 1 Mississippi..2 Mississippi…. I sometimes think I’m going slow in practice, then when I see the film, it’s not very slow. It will help you feel the turn better.

That’s exactly what I felt this morning. Felt slower, watched it and realized it really wasn’t 

-Jonny