IGNORED

My Swing (woodzie264)

woodzie264

On 12/19/2022 at 6:20 AM, boogielicious said:

Go even slower. Try a 5 count, 1 Mississippi..2 Mississippi…. I sometimes think I’m going slow in practice, then when I see the film, it’s not very slow. It will help you feel the turn better.

Still not a 5 count, but slower…

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

51 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Still not a 5 count, but slower…

What do your patients say when they see you do this?😀

Looks better.  I really have to work on this as I tend to speed up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

16 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

What do your patients say when they see you do this?😀

Looks better.  I really have to work on this as I tend to speed up.

Tuesdays are my late start day, I don't start 'til 9am. They do catch me working on my putting down the longer hall from time to time, and we will sometime have "closest to the pin" challenge 😄

• Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

PP: right elbow in front of shirt seam

trying to not push my hands out as much with takeaway.

• Thumbs Up 2

-Jonny

• 2 weeks later...

Been working this at a slower speed than this, but wanted to get an idea how I looking at closer to normal speed. I’m still struggling with pushing my hands away from me at take away, but I think I’m doing better with keeping right elbow in front of shirt seam. 

filmed this while waiting for my son at school

• Thumbs Up 2

-Jonny

13 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

but I think I’m doing better with keeping right elbow in front of shirt seam.

You probably already know this but you can’t really judge how well you’re doing something in your swing when you’re not actually making a swing and hitting a ball.

You’re demonstrating that you can get it in rehearsal, but whether you started making that change in your actual swing is tbd.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

You probably already know this but you can’t really judge how well you’re doing something in your swing when you’re not actually making a swing and hitting a ball.

You’re demonstrating that you can get it in rehearsal, but whether you started making that change in your actual swing is tbd.

Yeah, I realize that. I was hitting balls earlier today at home but just thought that I would video the swing while was here waiting on my son. I’ll have some videos posted in the upcoming week or so with me actually hitting balls. Ultimately, I’m looking to get feedback with the actual take away itself, so that I am rehearsing it correctly before actually taking it to hitting balls. I hope that makes sense.

-Jonny

• Administrator

I'm not a big fan of that move. Here's why:

01.jpg

You roll the hands out and the clubhead behind you. You are actually LESS deep here at A3 than you were at A1.

02.jpg

At the top the club is super laid off. You're not going to be able to do much from there.

Do this instead:

1. Set up with a good grip.
  2. ONLY TURN.
  3. Bend the right elbow and let your right elbow lift a little from your ribs.

2 is the left image if you just TURN around the purple line. Your arms and shoulders will be where the blue lines are.

3 is the right image. By folding the elbow and letting it rise up a bit, the hands and butt of the club will rise up along the orange arrow.

03.jpg

Then learn to get there by making a backswing, pausing briefly, and swinging down from there.

Also, include face-on videos.

And… try to find a time to come to Erie. 🙂 This stuff is not as difficult as you're making it. 😄 

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

This stuff is not as difficult as you're making it. 😄 

You need to type slower so I can understand it 🙃

-Jonny

• Administrator

You're moving your hands out away from you, so the club "flops over" at the top and is really laid off.

The trick to not letting your right elbow get around near your shirt seam is not to shove it away to the right in the down-the-line view, it's to move the shirt seam more to the left in the same view.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/5/2023 at 9:00 PM, iacas said:

I'm not a big fan of that move. Here's why:

01.jpg

You roll the hands out and the clubhead behind you. You are actually LESS deep here at A3 than you were at A1.

02.jpg

At the top the club is super laid off. You're not going to be able to do much from there.

Do this instead:

1. Set up with a good grip.
  2. ONLY TURN.
  3. Bend the right elbow and let your right elbow lift a little from your ribs.

2 is the left image if you just TURN around the purple line. Your arms and shoulders will be where the blue lines are.

3 is the right image. By folding the elbow and letting it rise up a bit, the hands and butt of the club will rise up along the orange arrow.

03.jpg

Then learn to get there by making a backswing, pausing briefly, and swinging down from there.

Also, include face-on videos.

And… try to find a time to come to Erie. 🙂 This stuff is not as difficult as you're making it. 😄 

Not sure if this looks a lot different, but I have a different mental picture of what I’m doing…

Ignore my grip, using putter with thickened grip

• Thumbs Up 2

-Jonny

• Administrator

That's better.

Must be a long putt.😉

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Must be a long putt.😉

Yeah, my approaches as of late haven’t been the best

• Funny 1

-Jonny

• 3 months later...

4/22/23 - grip work. Still not perfect 😏

FOV

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

• Administrator

People can play better golf than you with a worse grip. Are you going to work on your swing again soon? 😀

1 hour ago, iacas said:

People can play better golf than you with a worse grip. Are you going to work on your swing again soon? 😀

🤔 I thought my swing was pretty amazing and the only thing between me a +HCP was my grip.  Dang it

I do need to work on my PP.  Admittedly,  I’ve not been very motivated lately. I’ve played 45 holes (2.5 rounds) in past 5 months.  Hard to invest the time practicing when I’m not going to get out much.  I suppose the other side of the coin is that I have plenty of time to practice and why am I wasting all of this opportunity 😏

-Jonny