IGNORED

My Swing (woodzie264)

woodzie264

• Administrator

Now, get your hands out from between your legs so you can take your hands back, up, and in.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)
10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Now, get your hands out from between your legs so you can take your hands back, up, and in.

at address, in the DTL view, I assume. Thank you, sir

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

(edited)
19 hours ago, iacas said:

is this what you mean?

https://youtu.be/srIPsRYfAD0

***not sure why videos won't embed themselves as they use to...help?

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

59 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

is this what you mean?

https://youtu.be/srIPsRYfAD0

***not sure why videos won't embed themselves as they use to...help?

Sometimes I have trouble like that. I reinstall the YouTube video and embed the new one again.

basically I start over, it hasn’t happened to me in a while. Still a pain

• Administrator

That's better, yes.

And your link doesn't embed because it's styled text. As the page says, click "plain text."

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)

Thanks, Erik.

Retry on link post:

I realize I was a bit “laid off” at the top after watching previous video, so I tried to address it in this swing. At any rate, I’ll work on getting my hands away from me at address until routine before focusing on the hands/elbow in top position since that was your last correction. 

Edited by woodzie264

-Jonny

On 3/14/2020 at 7:27 PM, iacas said:

-Jonny

• Administrator

I italicized (emphasized) "in". 🙂

01.jpg02.jpg

I'd also get that trigger finger off the shaft like that. Craziness!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I italicized (emphasized) "in". 🙂

01.jpg02.jpg

I'd also get that trigger finger off the shaft like that. Craziness!

Then do I take my hands “deep” or “in” from the very beginning of the backswing? I guess I can look at your swing thread...

-Jonny

• Administrator

Look at anyone's swing. And move them "with your torso."

01.jpg

Look at how inward their left arms are already.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Look at anyone's swing. And move them "with your torso."

01.jpg

Look at how inward their left arms are already.

Different? Closer to what it should be?

I see what you mean...now. I still have work to do

Edited by woodzie264

-Jonny

• Administrator

Better, but yeah… rather than doing it with your wrists/hands/arms, do it for the first part of the backswing with your torso a bit more.

21 hours ago, iacas said:

Better, but yeah… rather than doing it with your wrists/hands/arms, do it for the first part of the backswing with your torso a bit more.

Addressed the finger issue as well

-Jonny

• Administrator

That's better. I'd still try not to roll it so much, but that's better.

(edited)
18 hours ago, iacas said:

That's better. I'd still try not to roll it so much, but that's better.

3/24/20 - hands back and in

Looking back at your previous pic, it still needs to come more from the body rotation that what I did here

Edited by woodzie264

-Jonny

Sorry the bleacher is in the way. Trying to make the best of hanging with kids at bike park. I think you can see what is needed. 

-Jonny

Get closer to the bleacher and try not to hit it on the way back.

image.png.08f998e0c0a8dcf9782aa97038798b76.png

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

1 hour ago, coachjimsc said:

Get closer to the bleacher and try not to hit it on the way back.

image.png.08f998e0c0a8dcf9782aa97038798b76.png

Are you suggesting I come back before in? @iacas, as I understood him, was wanting me to bring my hands deeper from the initiation of the takeaway. I, of course, may be misunderstanding 

-Jonny