IGNORED

My Swing (woodzie264)

woodzie264

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

Are you suggesting I come back before in?

I was suggesting hands in, club head more out.

But I would listen to @iacas.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3 hours ago, coachjimsc said:

I was suggesting hands in, club head more out.

But I would listen to @iacas.

Same thing I'm saying with the hands. I hadn't gotten to the clubhead yet, but yeah, that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 3/26/2020 at 9:19 PM, iacas said:

Same thing I'm saying with the hands. I hadn't gotten to the clubhead yet, but yeah, that.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Better. Now do it slowly, and with a ball, and start with short (1/3 length) swings.

• Thumbs Up 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 3/28/2020 at 2:14 PM, iacas said:

Better. Now do it slowly, and with a ball, and start with short (1/3 length) swings.

It seems Day 1 of the COVID challenge was similar what you’re recommending here, right? I’ll use the ball during future practice sessions, but wanted to clarify the length of backswing you wanted

This was my Day 1 submission:

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Not this:

image.png

Palmy.

Which is why you then do this:

image.png

But yes, day 1 was kinda up your alley.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not this:

image.png

Palmy.

Which is why you then do this:

image.png

But yes, day 1 was kinda up your alley.

Ok

-Jonny

(edited)
1 hour ago, iacas said:

Not this:

image.png

Palmy.

69B55025-F1C7-4972-BA2F-CCFEA7A567AC.thumb.jpeg.bb344c2a6a8fc1b3c4b556c82ad47a24.jpeg

that definitely feels different. Thanks. Admittedly a bit embarrassing you have to take me all the way back to “the grip” 🙄

Edited by woodzie264

-Jonny

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

69B55025-F1C7-4972-BA2F-CCFEA7A567AC.thumb.jpeg.bb344c2a6a8fc1b3c4b556c82ad47a24.jpeg

that definitely feels different. Thanks. Admittedly a bit embarrassing you have to take me all the way back to “the grip” 🙄

Better. If you get a photo where you can actually see the heel pad, post that too. 😉

10 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

If you do it right, you should be able to hold the club with just your index finger and heel pad like Erik did in the first video.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

(edited)
11 hours ago, iacas said:

Better. If you get a photo where you can actually see the heel pad, post that too. 😉

DFEAA54D-2268-4E17-8674-2EA32F2A01A9.thumb.jpeg.7e0a9a21c13f4f6aa2238d6fe2631827.jpegOnly took me 19 years to conquer the grip.  I’ll prob die before getting the backswing down 🥴

Edited by woodzie264
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

DFEAA54D-2268-4E17-8674-2EA32F2A01A9.thumb.jpeg.7e0a9a21c13f4f6aa2238d6fe2631827.jpegOnly took me 19 years to conquer the grip.  I’ll prob die before getting the backswing down 🥴

More across the base of the pinkie. Here are my tweaks:

• You see how diagonal the fingers are to the grip? Make them more perpendicular.
  • If you're going to grip with the club horizontal, don't also put your forearm horizontal. This just lines the grip up to go up your palm.
  • If you want your forearm at this angle, grip the club when it's nearly vertical.
  • You should see more of the heel pad and less of the base of the left pinkie.

-----.jpg

More like that (blue rectangle) with the whole heel pad able to sit on top (pink outline oval).

37 minutes ago, iacas said:

More across the base of the pinkie. Here are my tweaks:

• You see how diagonal the fingers are to the grip? Make them more perpendicular.
  • If you're going to grip with the club horizontal, don't also put your forearm horizontal. This just lines the grip up to go up your palm.
  • If you want your forearm at this angle, grip the club when it's nearly vertical.
  • You should see more of the heel pad and less of the base of the left pinkie.

-----.jpg

More like that (blue rectangle) with the whole heel pad able to sit on top (pink outline oval).

Ok, 19 years and counting 

-Jonny

19 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Ok, 19 years and counting 

It might help to think of holding the grip like you would a briefcase. You wrap your hand around the handle just enough so the weight is cradled in the fingers and then you close your hand. You wouldn’t palm a briefcase handle.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
4 hours ago, billchao said:

It might help to think of holding the grip like you would a briefcase. You wrap your hand around the handle just enough so the weight is cradled in the fingers and then you close your hand. You wouldn’t palm a briefcase handle.

Yup.

And the picture is better, yeah. Be careful when you grip the club with the head on the ground, though, for the same reasons: it tends to go across the palm.

Can't see the left hand grip in the video, so it may be fine. Just be careful.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

And the picture is better, yeah. Be careful when you grip the club with the head on the ground, though, for the same reasons: it tends to go across the palm.

Can't see the left hand grip in the video, so it may be fine. Just be careful.

I’ll have to make it part of routine to grip in air. Thank you

-Jonny

Admittedly, grip is still a little palmy, but better than before. It’s a work in progress

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jonny