woodzie264

My Swing (woodzie264)

351 posts / 21739 viewsLast Reply

I recommend the book below by Stan Ultey. I have my stance set up as he indicates. Basically, you stand up in your normal stance and that width between you feet is what you use for putting. It is very natural and relaxed and you don’t have to really think about it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played in a fundraising scramble tourn today working on my putting pendulums and tempo... trying to get a feel for what heel-heel, big toe-big toe distances were. I consistently hit putts short today but most left me no more than 3feet so from that stand point the threat of three-putts were nearly eliminated so that’s progress.  

played fairly well tee-green

Edited by woodzie264

Pendulum practice with metronome at 80bpm. Trying to start heel to heel, big toe to big toe, 6” outside to 6” outside and back down. My backswing seems to be longer than forward in general and so this like everything else will be a work in progress. 

31 minutes ago, iacas said:

Change it to 2/4 time?

I’m happy to try whatever you suggest, but I’m not sure what you mean by 2/4 time. 

That's cool and all but when are you going to do it hitting a ball? That's going to change things.

Make practice swings to the beat. Set up to the ball. Listen to and feel the beat for a few measures. Then hit it on the beat. Then do it again, and the ball should go the same distance if the tempo is the same. Then do it again at a different tempo (still the same rhythm, 80 BPM, different tempo).