IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge March 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3/6 - Mirror work. Focusing on turning hips more from A4 - 6 per my Evolvr lesson and less sliding forward.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3/06 (Part II) - pitching x 15 mins. Green reading x 15 mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

On 3/4/2017 at 10:52 AM, Mico said:

Found an indoor range in São Paulo, the Clubhouse, woot woot

Are you in Chile or Brazil? Just curious. Either way, very cool and hope it's a nice summer down there!

As for me- 15 minutes today. Lots of backswing work (left wrist, right elbow), plus downswing steepness awareness and slow motion A4-A7, as I drive the swing with hips. Range tomorrow, hopefully.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

6/3 - some backswing work and putting with the metronome. Tempo still a bit off but getting better.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

3/6: Walked 9 this evening by myself, shot 5 over with 5 pars. Trouble with long irons and chipping, but drives and approaches were great. 8, 9, and PW were dialed-in today, with 4 approaches inside 15 feet.

Driver was smooth, powerful, and straight. I wish I could keep the same tempo when I'm with my regular 4-some, but noooo, "me man, must swing hard!". 

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

5 min wall drill and did some structured swings.

7 hours ago, RandallT said:

Are you in Chile or Brazil? Just curious. Either way, very cool and hope it's a nice summer down there!

I live in Chile but business takes me to Brazil this week. Summer is great!

Worked on putting and hip turn.

Trying to keep putter head lower after impact and not move my head back.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Worked on my putting stroke today. Trying to follow the advice to decelerate the putter head for better distance control. I can already tell this is going to be tough. Need some more work on it.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

3/07 - Wall drill; centered turn is coming along 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3/7 - Mirror work in the gym. Focused on turning more from A4 to A6 and sliding less per my Evolvr lesson.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3/7: Couple hours at the range, video submission for instructor. Made some small progress with less steep swing in slow motion - able to dribble a ball of the tee without getting too steep. On video! Woohoo- I think that's a first.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

3/7 - more wall drills at work

-Jonny

7/3 - Back to the range and more position work. In getting 'round ready', my tendency has been to start taking the club away on the inside, so I really worked on that. Really good improvements on shallowing the club in transition though, so happy with that.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

5 hours ago, RandallT said:

3/7: Couple hours at the range, video submission for instructor. Made some small progress with less steep swing in slow motion - able to dribble a ball of the tee without getting too steep. On video! Woohoo- I think that's a first.

Hey Randy...reminds me of the video of Ben Hogan doing ultra slow motion (in regular time) and actually hitting the ball. I am sure you have seen it. Very grainy but kind of neat. He didn't "dribble" though.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

5 min wall drill and structured swings. Not feeling great about this level of practice. Hope it is helping. Maybe go out to hit balls tomorrow...

3/7: A little bit of everything today...

• 15 minutes of slow motions swings focusing on hip turn, and hitting a ball every few swings
  • 10 minutes of pitching, focus only on consistent setup and hitting start line
  • 20 minutes of putting, focus on hitting start line
6 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

3/7 - more wall drills at work

heh, the good ole' wall-drill. My work recently took a survey and one of the questions asked if employees needed "stretching breaks"...I voted yes. ;-)

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

3/08 - kettle bell swings, wall drill, slow swings with focus on centered hip turn with left elbow straight

-Jonny

3/7 - worked on the same thing as usual. Address position and takeaway. I'm moving on to working on the downswing a little bit tonight!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2554 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!