IGNORED

2017 Newport Cup Selection Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats to @DeadMan!

Thanks everyone and thank you to @iacas for the selection!   I cannot at this time confirm or deny the snoring allegations.  I can however deny completely at this time any sort of connection to Mathews bow and to my uncle, or I mean whoever the owner of that company is.  :-D

one of the best dudes you'll ever meet, once you crack him open.

This is very much appreciated, and I know it is much easier to crack that egg these days than in years past.  Looking forward to the comeraroderiea!

I am beyond excited for this! :banana:

Edited by cipher
  • Upvote 5

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats to Daniel and Nate (has to feel especially sweet for you and couldn't be happier for your selection)! 

Go East!

• Upvote 2

Vishal S.

Congrats @cipher and @DeadMan!

Looking forward to meeting you both. 

• Upvote 2

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Congrats @cipher and @DeadMan!

• Upvote 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I apologize sincerely that I won't be able to do this in the usual, protracted, developed, fully-fleshed-out way that I've enjoyed doing in the previous announcements. @NatalieB and I are off in minutes to play a practice round at Mystic Rock for her Player of the Year tournament, and I don't want this to have to wait until 10pm or so (and even then I may just forget, or be typing on my phone or something).

You deserve better… @bkuehn1952, as my final selection to complete the 2017 winning Newport Cup East Squad. Congratulations!

Please, spend a little time over the next few months practicing being quick to concede really short putts in case a Red guy pulls it back for another try. We don't need that headache on our hands. ;-)

Congratulations!

To those not selected for the East Team, please know how hard the choice was, and how much I appreciate the efforts of those who submitted videos and participated in this whole process. I know you'll support the Blue Squad virtually with messages, posts, etc. here on the site, and your applications for the 2019 Newport Cup are strengthened by your long-time commitment and applications here in 2017. I had a lot of tough choices to make, and for many of you, it was largely my decision to try to share the Newport Cup experience with new players that was a deciding factor.

@mvmac will share his final nominee later today.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Congrats @bkuehn1952 !!!

Go EAST TEAM!!! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Congrats @bkuehn1952

You'll be representing all us "Old Guys" 
Good luck and I know you have a great time.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Congratulations @bkuehn1952! Welcome to the East team or better know as the "old fellers". :-D

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Wow, unexpected and totally honored to make the cut.  I think I just brought the average age of the East Team above 60.

I will begin practicing putt concessions as well as hitting in the proper order and all the other little things we need to do in Match Play.;-)

I am so excited I think I better stop typing before I say something more stupid than I have already. 

40 minutes ago, iacas said:

I apologize sincerely that I won't be able to do this in the usual, protracted, developed, fully-fleshed-out way that I've enjoyed doing in the previous announcements.

I will do it for you ...

He is old, he doesn't hit it far, he can't putt and he spends too much time online ...our last and worst East Team member... @bkuehn1952

Edited by bkuehn1952
  • Upvote 2

Brian Kuehn

Congrats @bkuehn1952!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Congrats @bkuehn1952!  This is very well deserved!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Congrats @bkuehn1952! I think we'll have a lot to talk about...

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

He is old, he doesn't hit it far, he can't putt and he spends too much time online ...our last and worst East Team member... @bkuehn1952

That's not true (not sure what part though  ;-))...Have fun Brian.  Play well.  Congratulations.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 2449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!