IGNORED

TST SoCal 2017 Spring Outing - April 30th at 10 am - Goose Creek

Note: This thread is 2177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

59 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Cool! I hope 17 and a half somewhat qualifies as an "adult"?

Wow, time has flown!  Sounds like its also almost time for him to start his own TST account and member swing thread. ;)  (If he outdrives everybody by 50 yards and shoots under par he may be uninvited for future outings out of pure envy though. :-P)

1. @Golfingdad
  2. @tristanhilton85
  3. @Big C
  4. @mvmac
  5. @Hacker James (possibly +1)
  6. @chilepepper
  7. @Shindig
  8. @Lihu(+1)
  9. @bmartin461

Now, we're already at 11 and less than a day into the planning!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

Cool! I hope 17 and a half somewhat qualifies as an "adult"?

Yeah I'm fine with it. Agree with @Golfingdad, time for him to start his own account :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

4 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Yeah I'm fine with it. Agree with @Golfingdad, time for him to start his own account :-)

It'd be fun, but he's too busy with school and female friends. Or possibly the other order? Golf is just a "team sport" for him. . .perhaps in several years when he's out of school. . . :tumble:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

perhaps in several years when he's out of school. . . :tumble:

You could just create an account on his behalf, I'm sure you know his email address.  LOL.   That way you can give him some sort of generationally appropriate username.  ;-)

2 minutes ago, bmartin461 said:

You could just create an account on his behalf, I'm sure you know his email address.  LOL.   That way you can give him some sort of generationally appropriate username.  ;-)

Like Lihu&Son (imitating "Sanford and Son")? I could be yelling "This is the big one!" while grasping my chest on the course. . .  :-D

Unfortunately, I think creating an account for him is against the rules. :whistle:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

4 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Super longshot here ... any chance you wanna come visit family at the end of April @Wanzo? :)

Want to?  Yes.  Can?  No.. Ha, when I saw you planning a get together the thought crossed my mind. Someday I will get out your way. Have fun!  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

11 hours ago, Hacker James said:

@Patch might be interested. Its not that far a drive noting that his family used to vacation at Sycuan. Heck, I used to ride over to Phoenix just for breakfast in my biker daze.

oh and BTW....any San Diego area folks, I would gladly provide you transportation as long as we could fit the gear in the back of a Prius. There would be only myself and daughter if she wants to go. (she is in Vegas this weekend, and I do not wish to disturb her).

Thanks for the thought, but too many family things going on from mid April to end of May. Perhaps another time. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

OKAY!   I spoke with my daughter....she says she would like to join us on the 30th. (She will probably kick my butt, seeing as how she has been playing lately.)

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

1 hour ago, Hacker James said:

OKAY!   I spoke with my daughter....she says she would like to join us on the 30th. (She will probably kick my butt, seeing as how she has been playing lately.)

1. @Golfingdad
  2. @tristanhilton85
  3. @Big C
  4. @mvmac
  5. @Hacker James (+1)
  6. @chilepepper
  7. @Shindig
  8. @Lihu(+1)
  9. @bmartin461

11 confirmed at this point.

Barret ( @Bechambo ) told me he will request it off from work, but won't know until a bit closer whether or not he can go. He said he would confirm in this thread if he can go.

• Upvote 2

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Depending on how many we end up with, I might be able to bring a buddy of mine as well. But I won't extend any invites unless we need 1 or 2 more to fill out a group. 

In case you are looking for an excuse to visit the course:

PT_MEII_When.png
Sunday
March 12, 2017
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
PT_MEII_Location.png
Lorena Ochoa Golf Academy at 
Goose Creek Golf Club
11418 68th Street
Jurupa Valley, CA 91752
S.gif
S.gif
S.gif
TaylorMade M Family Fitting Day
Demo the #1 Driver on Tour

This Sunday between 9am and 3pm TaylorMade will be providing a one on one fitting of all of the M Family products at the Goose Creek Driving Range. This is including the M1, M2 Drivers, and Fairway woods. Also the PSI and M2 irons. 

Since times are limited, please hurry and call Kenny Pigman, PGA at 951.310.8935 or email pigmank@gmail.com to set up a time you would like to get a tour like fitting from one of the senior fitters from the Taylor Made Kingdom.   

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Depending on how many we end up with, I might be able to bring a buddy of mine as well. But I won't extend any invites unless we need 1 or 2 more to fill out a group. 

"The more the Hairy-er".

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

OK, I have corresponded with the tournament director at Goose Creek, and we are booked for 20 people on April 30th, with the first tee time being at 10am.  I know we only have 11-12 confirmed at this point, but we have until April 20th to finalize the count.  By the 20th, I'll give him the exact number and we'll be off and running.

It's going to be $85 per person for green fees/cart.  I also double checked their maintenance schedule and he said they don't do aerification or overseeding in the spring and that the course will be in excellent shape.

@tristanhilton85 or @mvmac, you want to update the thread title?  Take out the "or nearby" part, and maybe add 10am in there?

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

OK, I have corresponded with the tournament director at Goose Creek, and we are booked for 20 people on April 30th, with the first tee time being at 10am.  I know we only have 11-12 confirmed at this point, but we have until April 20th to finalize the count.  By the 20th, I'll give him the exact number and we'll be off and running.

It's going to be $85 per person for green fees/cart.  I also double checked their maintenance schedule and he said they don't do aerification or overseeding in the spring and that the course will be in excellent shape.

@tristanhilton85 or @mvmac, you want to update the thread title?  Take out the "or nearby" part, and maybe add 10am in there?

Maybe I misread, but I thought on their site that green fees were around $45. Maybe that was the week day rate?

also...daughter just informed me, that  she will be attending a concert that date. Hopefully, we will get a few more.

New irons for me?  crossing fingers.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

never mind, I was looking at Senior rates during the week. Not offered weekends and holidays. Current site states $70 green fee $10 cart, $5 small bucket.

"James"

4 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Thanks for organizing this gathering!

I figure this will be a great way for us to spend a bit of the time we have together before college, he liked going to the last outings that he was allowed to go to. :-)

We'll be ready, and the only way my son will bug out is if he has "girl issues". :-P

• Upvote 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• tristanhilton85 changed the title to TST Socal 2017 Spring Outing - April 30th at 10 am - Goose Creek
6 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

??

Note: This thread is 2177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!