IGNORED

Courses near Columbia, SC

saevel25
Note: This thread is 2582 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll be near Columbia, SC next month and I am looking to play one or two courses. Does anyone know of a few good courses there? 

Thanks for the suggestions in advance :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oak Hills is a pretty decent public course. There's also a municipal course called Linrick that's a little cheaper, but still pretty decent for a muni. You a single? Or coming with a group? 

Probably my Dad and I, maybe another one or two depending. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I heard from a buddy of mine who liked Cobblestone Park but it's a little north of the City.  Not sure how far you want to travel.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I have played Cobblestone Park. Very nice, I would recommend.

It is a little ways up I-77, 20-25 mins maybe.

Oak Hill isn't too bad either.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

12 hours ago, RandallT said:

Calling @Fairway_CY- aren't you just a bit north of Columbia?

I'm not horribly far from there.  Probably about 75 minutes or so.  

If you're up for a bit of a drive, about an hour north is a course called Edgewater in Lancaster, SC.  It's a Fuzzy Zoeller design that's always in pretty good shape (except for the driving range) and is pretty affordable.  

I've heard really good things about Cobblestone from some friends, but I haven't played it myself.  

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

I've played Old Hickory at Fort Jackson and enjoyed it.  Surprised no one from the area mentioned it, but then, it's the only course down there that I've played.

Regards,

Big Wave

Golf is the only sport in which a thorough knowledge of the rules can earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship - Patrick Campbell.

On 3/6/2017 at 9:06 PM, ScratchyDawg said:

Oak Hills is a pretty decent public course. There's also a municipal course called Linrick that's a little cheaper, but still pretty decent for a muni. You a single? Or coming with a group? 

I've played Linrick a few times. It was better than most muni's but I don't know how I would compare it to some of the semi-private courses in the area. This was at least 3-4 years ago though, and I was a much more terrible golfer than I am today!

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

If you don't mind a short drive to Aiken, SC (about 50 mins) thereis Aiken Golf Club and Cedar Creek.  Both fun courses and relatively inexpensive at $25-$35 a round

including cart.  There is also Persimmon Hill in Saluda and a little farther away are several in Augusta.

Gene, Retired Army, photography, aviation and golf enthusiast

Trenton, SC

Adams aOS12 set.

Gordon Lakes GC home course

3 hours ago, gmohr said:

If you don't mind a short drive to Aiken, SC (about 50 mins) thereis Aiken Golf Club and Cedar Creek.  Both fun courses and relatively inexpensive at $25-$35 a round

including cart.  There is also Persimmon Hill in Saluda and a little farther away are several in Augusta.

I'll be in the Aiken area in a couple of weeks, actually staying in Greenwood SC.  Planning on playing Woodside Plantation Country Club, have you played there?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On 3/13/2017 at 0:47 PM, jsgolfer said:

I'll be in the Aiken area in a couple of weeks, actually staying in Greenwood SC.  Planning on playing Woodside Plantation Country Club, have you played there?

Jerry,  I have played Woodside and it is a very nice course.  Are you playing The Reserve course of the Plantation course?

Trenton, SC

Adams aOS12 set.

1 hour ago, gmohr said:

Jerry,  I have played Woodside and it is a very nice course.  Are you playing The Reserve course of the Plantation course?

Playing the Wisteria Course (Jones Course). 

-Jerry

11 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Playing the Wisteria Course (Jones Course). 

The Wisteria course is probably my favorite.  You have 2 par 3 holes that you have to hit over water to get to the green(I usually lose a ball or 2 here), No 8 and 17.  The

course should be in pretty good shape, although we have had a lot of rain and now freezing weather.  Have fun and let me know how you

like it. 

Edited by gmohr

Trenton, SC

Adams aOS12 set.

1 minute ago, gmohr said:

The Wisteria course is probably my favorite.  You have 2 par 3 holes that you have to hit over water to get to the green(I usually lose a ball or 2 here), No 8 and 17.  The

course should be in pretty good shape, although we have had a lot of rain and now freezing weather.  Have fun and let me know how you

like it. 

Will do.  Can't wait to come down, first time to Augusta.  Any recommendations on places to eat that have good beer?

-Jerry

3 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Will do.  Can't wait to come down, first time to Augusta.  Any recommendations on places to eat that have good beer?

In Aiken there are a couple of good places.  The Aiken Brewery is good.  A lot depends on what you like to eat.  Whiskey Bar in downtown Augusta along with Luigi's

for Italian. 

Trenton, SC

Adams aOS12 set.

Just now, gmohr said:

In Aiken there are a couple of good places.  The Aiken Brewery is good.  A lot depends on what you like to eat.  Whiskey Bar in downtown Augusta along with Luigi's

for Italian. 

Cool  :beer:

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 2582 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!