IGNORED

Courses near Columbia, SC

Note: This thread is 1474 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll be near Columbia, SC next month and I am looking to play one or two courses. Does anyone know of a few good courses there? 

Thanks for the suggestions in advance :-D

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oak Hills is a pretty decent public course. There's also a municipal course called Linrick that's a little cheaper, but still pretty decent for a muni. You a single? Or coming with a group? 

12 hours ago, RandallT said:

Calling @Fairway_CY- aren't you just a bit north of Columbia?

I'm not horribly far from there.  Probably about 75 minutes or so.  

If you're up for a bit of a drive, about an hour north is a course called Edgewater in Lancaster, SC.  It's a Fuzzy Zoeller design that's always in pretty good shape (except for the driving range) and is pretty affordable.  

I've heard really good things about Cobblestone from some friends, but I haven't played it myself.  

CY

I've played Old Hickory at Fort Jackson and enjoyed it.  Surprised no one from the area mentioned it, but then, it's the only course down there that I've played.

On 3/6/2017 at 9:06 PM, ScratchyDawg said:

Oak Hills is a pretty decent public course. There's also a municipal course called Linrick that's a little cheaper, but still pretty decent for a muni. You a single? Or coming with a group? 

I've played Linrick a few times. It was better than most muni's but I don't know how I would compare it to some of the semi-private courses in the area. This was at least 3-4 years ago though, and I was a much more terrible golfer than I am today!

If you don't mind a short drive to Aiken, SC (about 50 mins) thereis Aiken Golf Club and Cedar Creek.  Both fun courses and relatively inexpensive at $25-$35 a round

including cart.  There is also Persimmon Hill in Saluda and a little farther away are several in Augusta.

3 hours ago, gmohr said:

If you don't mind a short drive to Aiken, SC (about 50 mins) thereis Aiken Golf Club and Cedar Creek.  Both fun courses and relatively inexpensive at $25-$35 a round

including cart.  There is also Persimmon Hill in Saluda and a little farther away are several in Augusta.

I'll be in the Aiken area in a couple of weeks, actually staying in Greenwood SC.  Planning on playing Woodside Plantation Country Club, have you played there?

On 3/13/2017 at 0:47 PM, jsgolfer said:

I'll be in the Aiken area in a couple of weeks, actually staying in Greenwood SC.  Planning on playing Woodside Plantation Country Club, have you played there?

Jerry,  I have played Woodside and it is a very nice course.  Are you playing The Reserve course of the Plantation course?

1 hour ago, gmohr said:

Jerry,  I have played Woodside and it is a very nice course.  Are you playing The Reserve course of the Plantation course?

Playing the Wisteria Course (Jones Course). 

11 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Playing the Wisteria Course (Jones Course). 

The Wisteria course is probably my favorite.  You have 2 par 3 holes that you have to hit over water to get to the green(I usually lose a ball or 2 here), No 8 and 17.  The

course should be in pretty good shape, although we have had a lot of rain and now freezing weather.  Have fun and let me know how you

like it. 

Edited by gmohr

1 minute ago, gmohr said:

The Wisteria course is probably my favorite.  You have 2 par 3 holes that you have to hit over water to get to the green(I usually lose a ball or 2 here), No 8 and 17.  The

course should be in pretty good shape, although we have had a lot of rain and now freezing weather.  Have fun and let me know how you

like it. 

Will do.  Can't wait to come down, first time to Augusta.  Any recommendations on places to eat that have good beer?

3 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Will do.  Can't wait to come down, first time to Augusta.  Any recommendations on places to eat that have good beer?

In Aiken there are a couple of good places.  The Aiken Brewery is good.  A lot depends on what you like to eat.  Whiskey Bar in downtown Augusta along with Luigi's

for Italian. 

Just now, gmohr said:

In Aiken there are a couple of good places.  The Aiken Brewery is good.  A lot depends on what you like to eat.  Whiskey Bar in downtown Augusta along with Luigi's

for Italian. 

Cool  :beer:

Note: This thread is 1474 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!