IGNORED

Groucho's Healing Lounge

Groucho Valentine
Note: This thread is 2381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 3/9/2017 at 11:50 AM, Lihu said:

Yeah, it certainly feels more solid and balanced.

Of pennyworth (dollar weeds)? :banana:

Was that Arianna? I thought it was some Vietnamese lady. :-D

Here's a drink made with the stuff. . .sounds good too. I'm going to try some this evening. . .

Left out the vodka.

On 3/9/2017 at 0:51 PM, NJpatbee said:

Cardboard tastes good with mozzarella, balsamic, and olive oil!

You must get really bad pizza.

On 3/16/2017 at 2:46 PM, No Mulligans said:

My brother broke up with his girlfriend because among other things she stole/withdrew thousands from his bank accounts.  By his account, she was withdrawing a grand a day and stashing it away out of his various accounts for a period of time, alternating between accounts.  His office manager was the one that discovered all this. 

Now they are back together, he's making excuses/lying ("I blew it all out of proportion"), and they are soon to be married.  I think it's a disaster.  He won't take my advice to get a prenup and we no longer talk/phone each other on our regular weekly basis.   Should I go to the wedding and miss my regular golf round with my buds?  Should I congratulate him/her?

Write a note to him outlining how she is going to f**k him over and put it in an envelope and seal it. Give it to him and tell him to save it without opening it until you tell him to. He'll either save it or take it home and maybe open it anyway. You will get it out your system and get your message across.

Final thought, I would go golf and let him go. It's over and he let her take it over already recognizing that you are detrimental to her plans. When the relationship ends, and it will, he'll be back telling you you were right and you guys can be friends again.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

Hey, you're good at this.  And my story is true.  He's 56, I'm 59, I don't seem to have any influence on him.  I'm having dinner with my niece, his daughter from a previous marriage.  Dicey situation.  So far I've let her take the lead on any discussion regarding this disaster with her dad.  So far she hasn't brought it up.

You're the older brother. You have to do whats best for him if he wont do it. Its your family, too. It must be protected against nefarious interlopers. The aggressive play is the way to go. No laying up. 

42 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

You're the older brother. You have to do whats best for him if he wont do it. Its your family, too. It must be protected against nefarious interlopers. The aggressive play is the way to go. No laying up. 

Agreed. If you can, try to sleep with her. That'll put this situation together bed. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

3 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

Hey, you're good at this.  And my story is true.  He's 56, I'm 59, I don't seem to have any influence on him.  I'm having dinner with my niece, his daughter from a previous marriage.  Dicey situation.  So far I've let her take the lead on any discussion regarding this disaster with her dad.  So far she hasn't brought it up.

Does she like or admire her potential stepmother? You can talk to your niece, and let her know your apprehensions? Also, is your brother wealthy? I'm guessing so because he didn't notice $1000/day go missing from his accounts?

IDK, I certainly hope she's not some black widow type who's been married a dozen times and accumulates more wealth each time?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

Does she like or admire her potential stepmother?

Nope

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

You can talk to your niece, and let her know your apprehensions? Also, is your brother wealthy? I'm guessing so because he didn't notice $1000/day go missing from his accounts?

IDK, I certainly hope she's not some black widow type who's been married a dozen times and accumulates more wealth each time?

I can try.  

He makes a lot of money.

No, not a black widow.

Sorry, but let's move on from this.  I probably shouldn't give out too many specifics.  Kind of already have.  Fortunately, none of the parties play golf and shouldn't be participating here.  But still... 

2 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Agreed. If you can, try to sleep with her. That'll put this situation to bed. 

lol

One of the guys I play with thinks he plays by the rules but he doesn't.  He seems to miscount his strokes, hits practice balls after a bad shot, when taking a drop in the rough he inevitable drops the ball and then lifts it up and tees it up on the rough, etc.  He also has always lost on our weekly Wolf game as he has a vanity cap and doesn't get as many strokes as he should. We hold him more to the rules when we play with him, his best differentials, the ones making up his HI, are only from rounds when I wasn't playing with him.

We just play for breakfast so no big deal financially.

The thing is, he's a really nice guy and a generous guy.

I often correct him about rules violations and this has been going on for years.  I think i've been riding him too much and fear I'm becoming a rules nazi.

How should I handle this going forward?

6 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

Handle what aspect? The cheating which you already hold him to during your breakfast games? Or the fact that he seems to be enjoying playing his own way and loses to you all weekly and ends up paying for breakfast?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

13 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

One of the guys I play with thinks he plays by the rules but he doesn't.  He seems to miscount his strokes, hits practice balls after a bad shot, when taking a drop in the rough he inevitable drops the ball and then lifts it up and tees it up on the rough, etc.  He also has always lost on our weekly Wolf game as he has a vanity cap and doesn't get as many strokes as he should. We hold him more to the rules when we play with him, his best differentials, the ones making up his HI, are only from rounds when I wasn't playing with him.

I often correct him about rules violations and this has been going on for years.  I think i've been riding him too much and fear I'm becoming a rules nazi.

I don't have the healing powers of the thread owner but this one seems to be pretty cut and dried.  If you're playing for any money, set the rules up front:  playing it down, putting out, etc.  If he doesn't want to comply, no biggie.  Play your game.  #arniewould

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

On 3/17/2017 at 7:39 PM, No Mulligans said:

Nope

I can try.  

He makes a lot of money.

No, not a black widow.

Sorry, but let's move on from this.  I probably shouldn't give out too many specifics.  Kind of already have.  Fortunately, none of the parties play golf and shouldn't be participating here.  But still... 

lol

Not to whip a dead horse, but I had to bring this up again. Way back in the day I saw a TV episode of some show, don't even recall the name now, which basically involved playing elaborate practical jokes on celebrities. I suppose it was one of the forerunners of modern "reality" TV.

This particular episode involved Stevie Wonder and his younger Brother. It was presented to Stevie that his Brother had gotten engaged and the occasion was to have Stevie meet the fiance. The bride to be (an actress), came across perfectly as the gold digger/social climber/**** that they wanted her to portray!

Stevie Wonder may be clinically blind, but he is not emotionally blind, and the look of horror on his face as he talked with this bimbo was all too evident! The middle part of the program was Wonder agonizing over what to tell his Brother.

The climax came at the actual wedding ceremony when the minister came to the "speak now or forever hold your peace" part. Stevie Wonder stood up and spoke his peace! And so should you! You don't have to make it as dramatic as waiting till the actual wedding, but you have to let your Brother know how you feel!

He may reject what you feel, and so be it. But at least you can have peace in your heart knowing you did what needed to be done.

7 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

He may reject what you feel, and so be it. But at least you can have peace in your heart knowing you did what needed to be done.

Men ignore the signs and choose not to listen or think that they know what they are doing (it's kind of like a guys golf game). I am not sure there is anything else to do here but let it play out. I have some great youtube links for this but you won't be able to get him to watch them.

If you tell how you feel about this, the fiance, who is already alienating your brother from @No Mulligans gets wind of the conversation, will eliminate your relationship all together. 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

On March 17, 2017 at 5:34 PM, Ernest Jones said:

Agreed. If you can, try to sleep with her. That'll put this situation together bed. 

Gold medal advice, good sir. 

On March 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM, No Mulligans said:

Keep taking the free breakfast? 

On 2017-03-17 at 6:34 PM, Ernest Jones said:

Apparently I don't always proof read when drinking. That should say "put this situation to bed". 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

6 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Apparently I don't always proof read when drinking. That should say "put this situation to bed". 

That's okay. I don't think anyone got past the first sentence without laughing their heads off. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Ive played 6 times so far this spring and i have yet to break 80. Whats wrong with me B? 

I've decided to start shooting in the "winter" months here, and play golf in the "on seasons" just so I can stay in sync with all the rest of the Sand Trappers. I mean, why should I have an advantage? Plus, then I won't get bored of golf.

So, like you northerners, I also have an excuse for playing so badly. . . :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

11 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I've decided to start shooting in the "winter" months here, and play golf in the "on seasons" just so I can stay in sync with all the rest of the Sand Trappers. I mean, why should I have an advantage? Plus, then I won't get bored of golf.

So, like you northerners, I also have an excuse for playing so badly. . . :-D

Very clever, friend. I like it. 

Donald-Trump-pepe-the-frog.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I was in need of healing as my appendix exploded and heria ruined the day. Im on the self for most of the summer, so more time to heal hear! 

At least the USGA was nice enough to refund my entry fees for the qualifiers i withdrew from...

• 3 months later...
On 5/17/2017 at 6:20 AM, Groucho Valentine said:

I was in need of healing as my appendix exploded and heria ruined the day. Im on the self for most of the summer, so more time to heal hear! 

At least the USGA was nice enough to refund my entry fees for the qualifiers i withdrew from...

Ouch, I hope everything is healing nicely?

I haven't posted here for a while, but this thread is one that definitely should be revived!

So.....bump!

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!