IGNORED

Groucho's Healing Lounge

Groucho Valentine
Note: This thread is 2382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Ouch, I hope everything is healing nicely?

I haven't posted here for a while, but this thread is one that definitely should be revived!

So.....bump!

Yup, fully healed and playing again. You have to summon your inner chi, you see. 

Thank you for this sir, you are a great american. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Yup, fully healed and playing again. You have to summon your inner chi, you see. 

Thank you for this sir, you are a great American. 

Ah yes, that "inner chi".

Also very useful for days you wake up completely stiff and motionless but still need to get out of bed because the alarm's been buzzing the last 20 minutes. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

46 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Ah yes, that "inner chi".

Also very useful for days you wake up completely stiff and motionless but still need to get out of bed because the alarm's been buzzing the last 20 minutes. . .

Chi is also useful for repelling trump supporters. Should that be a problem in your life. Like garlic to vampires. 

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Chi is also useful for repelling trump supporters. Should that be a problem in your life. Like garlic to vampires. 

Certain "protesting removal of statues" types, yes. Other ones might actually be using inner chi to get through these auspicious times. :whistle:

I wonder what's going to happen next? Well, no matter what we all need some form of "healing lounge" and "inner chi" at this point in time. :beer:

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 minute ago, Lihu said:

Certain "protesting removal of statues" types, yes. Other ones might actually be using inner chi to get through these auspicious times. :whistle:

I wonder what's going to happen next? Well, no matter what we all need some form of "healing lounge" and "inner chi" at this point in time. :beer:

The healing lounge is a safe place for everyone. UNITE! 

:beer:

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I need me some serious Chi...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 1 month later...

One of the people I play with needs this healing lounge. I should get him to join this site. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• 3 weeks later...

I'm healed. Thanks, Groucho. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

12 hours ago, colin007 said:

Question to ponder - how do blind people know when they're done wiping their asses?

By smell?

12 hours ago, amishboy51 said:

Serious question, or is there a punchline coming?

Was that a good enough punch line? :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Just now, Groucho Valentine said:

Correct. Have you never watched Daredevil? All blind people are like that. 

I haven't watched it, but I've read many of the comics when I was a kid.

So, heightened other senses. . .Tradeoffs. Hmm, I wonder how much of that applies to golf?

Another topic for the healing lounge.

Golf was insulted by a co-worker who doesn't know much about golf today.

I told my co-worker that many of my partners think I can't hit far until I start hitting far on the course or range, because I look kind of dumpy. The real reason is that many have known me for years and knew me when I didn't drive this far on average, which actually only happened recently.

Then he said "No golfer looks athletic, they all look out of shape. They're not athletes. You look more athletic than any of them." Then I told him about long drive, and he admitted watching some blurb on TV about that and stated "Yes, but that's not golf. Is it?" So, he agreed that long drivers look like athletes, while still stating that PGA Tour players don't look anything resembling athletes. You know what? I agreed with him, because it's kind of true. . . :-D

I was suddenly reminded of one of my recent post about "Fattest golfers on the PGA Tour." vs the "Fittest golfers on the PGA Tour."  Off the top of my head, only Rory, Sergio and Camillo. In recent pictures, Dustin looks like a twig. Tiger has skinny calves.

Golf needs to heal from this mornings barrage of "We are not athletes." . . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

(edited)

Hogwash! I bet these people aren't saying Vince WIlfork isnt an athlete. And all he did was stand up and shuffle a few yards most of the time. You tell them to go hit 1000 balls and then go play 72 holes if they dont think golf is a athletic pursuit. If that doesn't work - get a super soaker, fill it with vinegar and water, and make them pay for their ignorance. 

Edited by Groucho Valentine

9 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Hogwash! I bet these people aren't saying Vince WIlfork isnt an athlete. And all he did was stand up and shuffle a few yards most of the time. You tell them to go hit 1000 balls and then go play 72 holes if they dont think golf is a athletic pursuit. If that doesn't work - get a super soaker, fill it with vinegar and water, and make them pay for their ignorance. 

Yeah, :-D

300px-Vince_Wilfork.JPG

EDIT: But he has huge arms. And actually seems to have the outline of a 6 pack showing through that pot belly of his. :-D

I think we can all agree that Pro golfers are athletic, but they definitely don't resemble athletes in the "traditional" sense of the word. Most football and basketball players look pretty ripped. More baseball players look ripped as well.

That non athletic looking athlete could go for many other sports as well such as Ping Pong, Cricket or Badminton for instance?

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

15 hours ago, amishboy51 said:

Serious question, or is there a punchline coming?

I think pondering the answer is its own punch line....

Colin P.

17 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I think pondering the answer is its own punch line....

Didn't have to ponder anything for my punchline. It was so obvious. ;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

Yeah, :-D

300px-Vince_Wilfork.JPG

EDIT: But he has huge arms. And actually seems to have the outline of a 6 pack showing through that pot belly of his. :-D

I think we can all agree that Pro golfers are athletic, but they definitely don't resemble athletes in the "traditional" sense of the word. Most football and basketball players look pretty ripped. More baseball players look ripped as well.

That non athletic looking athlete could go for many other sports as well such as Ping Pong, Cricket or Badminton for instance?

You don't have to look like an athlete when you are an athlete. Tell them that. 

tenor.gif

Note: This thread is 2382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!